The Ghirls

I've defo seen them playing better but I think the mix of nerves and heat got to them today. They dominated Hibs but had to dig deep to get the goal.
Plus they're playing at Celtic Park, Celtic really need to get the finger out and support the ghirls better.
Sure they'll have Barrowfield when it's ready but Celtic Park is a huge advantage for the team thwt calls it 'home' to not use it more when we know they can is criminal and hampers the ghirls.
It held back and frustrated alonso he left , sadiku has done wonders but if they want to be more than champions league qualy team then they have to play in the big time stadiums, like others do because that's what they'll face the more successful they become.
If it wasn't for WC and his input on the ghirls here and in Celtic Star I'd know literally nothing bar headlines from SMSM.
Sadiku has been incredible, wasn't expected to be so quickly into the job I'd bet but has delivered, the board have to give them more home games at Celtic Park in front of the Celtic end and the supporters will turn up.
I think there was 7,000 there at the game , a non derby and more than many mens games attendances.
Back them fully and then the supporters will believe in them more , by visiting Celtic Park fans will feel more invested in them it's a total non brainer. HH 🍀

Plus they're playing at Celtic Park, Celtic really need to get the finger out and support the ghirls better.
Sure they'll have Barrowfield when it's ready but Celtic Park is a huge advantage for the team thwt calls it 'home' to not use it more when we know they can is criminal and hampers the ghirls.
It held back and frustrated alonso he left , sadiku has done wonders but if they want to be more than champions league qualy team then they have to play in the big time stadiums, like others do because that's what they'll face the more successful they become.
If it wasn't for WC and his input on the ghirls here and in Celtic Star I'd know literally nothing bar headlines from SMSM.
Sadiku has been incredible, wasn't expected to be so quickly into the job I'd bet but has delivered, the board have to give them more home games at Celtic Park in front of the Celtic end and the supporters will turn up.
I think there was 7,000 there at the game , a non derby and more than many mens games attendances.
Back them fully and then the supporters will believe in them more , by visiting Celtic Park fans will feel more invested in them it's a total non brainer. HH 🍀
This wee guy's channel is good, he follows the Celtic and vlogs about it. Give him a watch and a subscribe if you feel like doing so. Watch the emotions as the goal is scored, one of the ghirls comes out of the crowd wearing a bucket hat, and a team mate grabs it and chucks beck into the crowd LOL. Eyes on the prize Ghirls and well done YNWA

I couldn't agree more Winter.

Where they call home just now is just too far away for me or I'd be more actively supportive.

Mind you, if you asked me even 5 years ago do I know anyone who has a season ticket for the ghirls games I would have laughed but because it's so difficult to get tickets to see the Bhoys a lot of folk now follow the Ghirls instead. It's another great revenue scheme for the club as long as they get the investment to carry on being successful.

Fran Alonso built that team on less than a shoestring, much less. After the last day of the league season last year he was determined to win the league and wanted as many goals as possible. in the first four games all played in August the Ghirls scored 30 and concede one. That plus 29 GD effectively won us the league.

Elena Sadiku has done a great job and will now look to bring her own players in IF she's backed. Celtic are operating with third largest budget in the league, theRangers squad is bigger and probably better they have had money thrown at it.

Celtic's budget is made up from the commericial deals that are done, we're now a Champions League side with the better Champions route. Elena has her targets, players she is planning to bring in, she told me this a few weeks ago. Celtic need to back her.

Just loading 150 photos from today. Be posted on The Celtic Star tomorrow. COYGIG.

Incidentally folk voting for Caitlin and not Amy Gallacher for POTY was annoying. Caitlin is great but Amy miles ahead this season as best player and what a goal that was today.

Had a wee conversation with Fran earlier, he's watching the Scottish Cup final this weekend with the Houston CSC crew and young Lubo98's best pal is going to be there too. He was at the game with us on Saturday and Lubo got his Cup Final ticket (ballot), so now he's meeting Fran in Houston.

I think I'm right in saying we have had a few problems with the pitch this year. It's only just looking good now. That may have been a contributing factor in the Ghirls not playing at Celtic Park too often. Hopefully this changes next year...

Back