The Guernica Tree

Twas the Condor Legion that bombed Guernica. Hitler and Mussolini both gave assistance to Franco, sending soldiers and airmen.

The Manic Street Preachers song, If you tolerate this then your children will be next, is based on a Spanish Civil War propaganda poster which showed Fascist planes bombing women and children with the words If you tolerate this then your children will be next.
How right they were as the people of Warsaw, Rotterdam, Coventry, Clydebank, London soon found out.
HH
There is a good documentary on PBS about the Scottish people who volunteered for the International Brigades and fought for the Spanish Republic. It's called The Scots Who Fought Franco.
If ye are interested in all this check oot the Glasgow woman Ethel McDonald.
Thanks for putting that up Richy. Found it on You Tube. I'll get a watch of that tonight when the wee man is down and I can get some peace to watch(y)

That was an amazing read. It is a beautiful Country with such wonderful people. I think sometimes Spain I seen as this tourist destination, and to an extent it is, but it's a culturally rich Country. If money was no object I could wander around it for years
there is a famous walk from France to to Santiago de compostella right across basque country then Galicia to the coast above portugal

I always told myself if I ever get fit enough ill make that walk

Camino De Santiago de compostella

there is a famous walk from France to to Santiago de compostella right across basque country then Galicia to the coast above portugal

That's the 'milky way walk' isn't it? Apparently the stars guide it or such like.

Have you seen the film 'The Way' ?

Looks to be a fair walk and takes a good few weeks I think.

Thought about it myself a few times too

That's the 'milky way walk' isn't it? Apparently the stars guide it or such like.
not sure tbh

I know it was a pilgrimage walk in Middle Ages, and to certain extent could still be, but I think its more a cultural walk for anybody to travel, part or all of it.

Apparently its breath taking, but sometimes very arduous.

Most who walk it are just there to enjoy the journey and the sites along they way

not sure tbh

I know it was a pilgrimage walk in Middle Ages, and to certain extent could still be, but I think its more a cultural walk for anybody to travel, part or all of it.

Apparently its breath taking, but sometimes very arduous.

Most who walk it are just there to enjoy the journey and the sites along they way
Sounds like you have something to aim for

Back