The Hens

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I among around 500 Celtic supporters who last night turned up at Broadwood to cheer on Fran Alonso's Celtic FC Women take on Rangers Women.

It was a really good match, hard fought, even though it finished goalless it was high quality, dramatic and agonising right at the end when Celtic could have won it. You can watch that in the links below on the two articles we've done on the game, the first by David Potter who watched it on BBC Alba. In that article David considers nicknames for the two teams and after a few amusing alternatives settled on The Hens for the Rangers Women team, which I thought was funny. Have a read at these., starting with David Potter's article...

Goalless Glasgow Derby is fait accompli for Fran Alonso...​

“I’m so proud of the players, they put bodies on the line,” Fran Alonso​

larisey_8760.jpeglarisey_8914.jpego'riordan_7641.jpegross_9175.jpegshen_7776.jpegtajonar_0022.jpeg

I did watch the game, fed up with the pish World Cup, not a lot of footballing talent on show, scrappy game, with not many chances for Celtic, keeper was wotm…..
Could still be playing and none of the teams would have scored 🤷‍♂️
Not a great advent for wimuns fitbaw, I somehow was expecting more, seen better under 16s games,
Game was devoid of the passion, the crunching tackles, normally associated with Celtic v rainjurs games 🤷‍♂️

So wanted to enjoy it, if Celtic Wis playing tiddlywinks, I’d be willing them on…..

Hibs v Hearts smash attendance record 24 hours after Rangers fail against Celtic...​

I caught the tail end of this on the bbc and my ears stood up when I heard the attendance, thought at the time that must be close to if not a record attendance, there are more than a few SPFL clubs who wouldnt mind that attendance.

This Capital Cup , does it also double as s league game?
Reason I ask is they were interviewing a player from each side and the hibs lass said the important thing was the points?

That got me wondering, was that just a wee nervous slip and meant cup not points?

Who's the big blonde lassie up front for celtic?
I did notice that sevco make their women's team wear the tightest shorts , would if that to try and draw the orc's in
😂 put these sexy wee shorts oan, see if we can get some more punters in the door?

I dont think that would be allowed but then again when has that ever stopped them doing anything?

Members online

Latest posts

Back