The Inquest

Imatim

We got what we deserved.....has the team collectively lost the hunger?....have they tactically got us worked out?....do they want it more?....are we simply not up for the fight?

There’s serious questions that need to be addressed.....I know hindsight is a wonderful thing.....but the danger signs were there for all to see in the cup final.....when you’re outplayed you have to have a serious look at why that was the case.....and put things in place to remedy matters.....that obviously didn’t happen.....why?

I made my feelings clear before the game on who I would play and who I wouldn’t and why.....what’s your thoughts

Too many players were utter shite today and the same tactics that nearly lost us the cup the other week were employed again.

I'm not buying into the players being tired nonsense, they're meant to be professionals ffs.

Clearly we need better players brought in for the rest of the season and maybe some of those who couldn't get their arses in gear today will get the rest they think they need.

We got what we deserved.....has the team collectively lost the hunger?....have they tactically got us worked out?....do they want it more?....are we simply not up for the fight?

There’s serious questions that need to be addressed.....I know hindsight is a wonderful thing.....but the danger signs were there for all to see in the cup final.....when you’re outplayed you have to have a serious look at why that was the case.....and put things in place to remedy matters.....that obviously didn’t happen.....why?

I made my feelings clear before the game on who I would play and who I wouldn’t and why.....what’s your thoughts
Aye theyve defo worked us out and they did look like they wanted it more.Lennys got to take a bit of the blame aswell.Just shite all round today.

Tactically inept. Keeper kicking to Johnston and Forrest first half and failing to keep ball in play - distribution poor. Goldson and Co could not have easier time. Frimpong is a stand in for El Hammed but did not let himself down. Mickey Johnston how many games against them does he need before we accept he's too lightweight at the minute. Forrest was not interested. Christie played crap against them with Aberdeen and is continuing the tradition. He ran past Kent to chase a ball that he was never getting for their first goal - no positional sense just running after a ball regardless. I am trying to work out who our two wingers are crossing the ball into even if they were interested? Edouard is not that type of centre forward and we need a Plan B. I love Brown but he poses no threat going forward and their midfield has become more mobile. The Board now need to support players who could offer us a different approach. Even if John Kennedy could advise Ajer to open his eyes when attacking corners in opposition box it would be a start. We will win league but need to stop kidding ourselves on that we can play this unproductive system. We didn't deserve anything today and they are not a great team.

Hate lose to anyone - especially to THEM - but the silver lining may be that the Board realise that the league is not a foregone conclusion - we have to fight to win it !

They need to look at what THEY can do to support the team after the break .
As others have said ( for a long time now ) , we cannot be pennypinching at this crucial stage . We have wasted money too often on 'hopefuls' who have filled us with despair when they played . Time to really show some financial strength !

Over to you Dermot - pull Peter's leash and get some money spent !

HH

Lenny, you're the man, but you need to start learning lessons!

The players don't get off wie a free pass, but you must have knew that the midfield was key, and yet again we were found wanting.

I feel really sorry for Eddy today, because the huge gaps between the wide men, midfield and any semblance of a cohesive unit were not visible today.

Jamesey was an empty shirt, Mikey got flung in at the deep end.....AGAIN, and Corpus must have been celebrating his birthday too much, because he wasn't even nearly good enough today.

THEY DID FUCK ALL TO HURT US, we done the hard part for them all by ourselves!

They won and deserved so.......any excuses just belies the fact that we were collectively MIA

Broonie gets a pass, if wee Frimpong decided to hit the byline, then he would get a pass too
Jullien done his job. Bolingoli did nothing wrong, everyone else was a C- today......including the Boss.

Arrogance may yet cost us this title..........it's time to take a lesson.

OK, I've posted something similar the last couple of transfer windows, but here goes again.

I think after the financially successful of VvD, Wanyama, Ki, etc, we seem to be intent on so many of our signings being projects that will produce large profits. I understand this from a financial perspective but the reality is that it is a very difficult strategy to perform year after year.

I don't want abandon this completely but I think we need to supplement this by bringing in a couple of experienced battle-hardened pros already used to British football who will fight tooth and nail for the privilege of wearing the Hoops.

Ideally a no nonsense CB and midfielder, plus a top notch striker. Finding the right targets within budget is not easy but we have one of the highest paid CEOs, along with Hammond is now a fulltime employee, who can at least try to make this happen (if sevco can do it on a smaller budget then there is no excuse).

This is another important transfer window for us so we need to make it count.

I think the myth we have "strength in depth" was busted today. The bench was uninspiring - Griffiths still looks miles off it, rogic nowhere near the team, Hayes.

Arrogance did play a part today. Turn up and we'll win attitude. They've got us sussed at the moment and we don't appear to have an answer to it.

The formation we ended the game might have given the huns something different to think about if we'd started with it.

Too many mediocre performances have generated results and it all got dressed up as grit and determination. TODAY we got found out. We backed off the opposition and allowed them to get steamed into us and had no answer. One man up front (with no help) against two defenders. Our wide players were at best ineffective at worse fucking useless. This allowed the opposition to double(triple) up on our striker and Corpus. We played into their hands, had no plan B, they knew our tactics and nullified any threat.
You got it way wrong today Neil, you believed your own hype. The players believed it to, thought they just had to turn up. They were hungrier, more determined.
Almost forgot, WE NEED A STRIKER. NOW. TODAY.

I think the myth we have "strength in depth" was busted today. The bench was uninspiring - Griffiths still looks miles off it, rogic nowhere near the team, Hayes.

I think arrogance did play a part today. Turn up and we'll win attitude. They've got us sussed at the moment and we don't appear to have an answer to it at the moment.

The formation we ended the game might have given the huns something different to think about if we'd started with it.
N'tcham came on and did the unthinkable by passing the ball first time!!!

All day long it was two-touch, three-touch, slow, stodgy and uninspiring.

You summed it up perfectly, Cambho.

i have to agree with all of our members today insipid and uninspiring no fight in the team a couple of points here to consider how can we lose a headed goal from a set piece when we have 2 central defenders over 6 foot five and also scot mcdonald samaras and now christie have all missed penalties against mcgregor that must have been noticed do celtic not do their homework on these teams mcgregor on every occasion dived to his left we need an enforcer as has been said earlier wanyama for one is a must complacency is fatal and lessons must be learned

i have to agree with all of our members today insipid and uninspiring no fight in the team a couple of points here to consider how can we lose a headed goal from a set piece when we have 2 central defenders over 6 foot five and also scot mcdonald samaras and now christie have all missed penalties against mcgregor that must have been noticed do celtic not do their homework on these teams mcgregor on every occasion dived to his left we need an enforcer as has been said earlier wanyama for one is a must complacency is fatal and lessons must be learned
Big Ajer forgot to jump with Katic and Big Eddy should have hit that penalty in my opinion.

think they have us tactically worked out Amigo and I hope we start showing signs that we can adapt accordingly (y)(y)

Back