The Inquest

I think the myth we have "strength in depth" was busted today. The bench was uninspiring - Griffiths still looks miles off it, rogic nowhere near the team, Hayes.

Arrogance did play a part today. Turn up and we'll win attitude. They've got us sussed at the moment and we don't appear to have an answer to it.

The formation we ended the game might have given the huns something different to think about if we'd started with it.
agreed !! (y)(y)(y)

OK, I've posted something similar the last couple of transfer windows, but here goes again.

I think after the financially successful of VvD, Wanyama, Ki, etc, we seem to be intent on so many of our signings being projects that will produce large profits. I understand this from a financial perspective but the reality is that it is a very difficult strategy to perform year after year.

I don't want abandon this completely but I think we need to supplement this by bringing in a couple of experienced battle-hardened pros already used to British football who will fight tooth and nail for the privilege of wearing the Hoops.

Ideally a no nonsense CB and midfielder, plus a top notch striker. Finding the right targets within budget is not easy but we have one of the highest paid CEOs, along with Hammond is now a fulltime employee, who can at least try to make this happen (if sevco can do it on a smaller budget then there is no excuse).

This is another important transfer window for us so we need to make it count.
Bang on pal👍

I just watched the highlights of the 5-0 game from Apr 2018 to try and work out how it has all turned to shite so quickly. The main difference is that the huns are better - only mcgregor and tavernier played that day and again today. We are missing KT - big time - bolingoli isn't good enough, forrest who was outstanding that day and rogic.

I wonder why so many players lose form so drastically. Rogic, Griffiths, sinclair, forrest (sometimes) - even Armstrong before he left?

Something else to bear in mind is that we have played 11 homes games but they've only played 8 at home, which means we should have had a slight advantage up to now.

We need to use our experience and wisely spend some of the profits we've been making on established quality players.

Agree we will come back but what's with the lack of pressing and sitting deep in our own half - dare I mention BR would have pressed the life out of them - Goldson and co walking out of defence with no pressure on them is a change in how we approach this game. We can come back but this team looked beaten from the off - no belief and no balance to team - midfield needs sorted out. What's with the need for Christie, Edouard and co to require 20 touches in box before shooting. We created openings and too many touches saw the opportunities dying in front of us - coaching staff need to shoulder some of responsibility. Ajer lost his man for their 2nd goal and we need quality competition at centre half. I think most Celtic fans knew in their heart of hearts we were not at our best in recent times. However, we can come back but will need 100% commitment from here till end of season. HH

Lenny just commented that today was not a disaster...no he did not say why..what he did say was..
We need to remember that these guy,s have played 9 games in a month and have given their all in every game,,I dont know if he meant the cup final and today,s game,,probably not,,I think he only likes talking about the games we are dominant in,,and telling us how proud of his players he is when they dominate games,,..
Well Lenny maybe it is time for you to tell your players how sick every Celtic supporter is tonight and how sick we will be when we see tomorrow,s press,,your players will not have to suffer the next couple of weeks indignities which will be coming at us fast and furious,,and this is all because your players thought all they had to do was turn up...
Left Back,,Centre Back,,Power House midfielder,,and a very good striker needed immediately,,if not Lenny there is no champions league for us..
It was the sitting deep. 10 yards off a man. WTF😳
For me Stevie it is the absolute arrogance of Ajer,,he believes he is the finished article,,Bolingoli does not know when to sit in or when to attack so he attacks all the bloody time,,Jamsie has the heart of a field mouse,every tackle he pulls out of,,but I think our biggest problem is our midfield.
We have very gifted players in this position but we do not have the strength needed to dominate this position..
Anytime Victor you are more than welcome,,even if it is on loan..

HH

OK, I've posted something similar the last couple of transfer windows, but here goes again.

I think after the financially successful of VvD, Wanyama, Ki, etc, we seem to be intent on so many of our signings being projects that will produce large profits. I understand this from a financial perspective but the reality is that it is a very difficult strategy to perform year after year.

I don't want abandon this completely but I think we need to supplement this by bringing in a couple of experienced battle-hardened pros already used to British football who will fight tooth and nail for the privilege of wearing the Hoops.

Ideally a no nonsense CB and midfielder, plus a top notch striker. Finding the right targets within budget is not easy but we have one of the highest paid CEOs, along with Hammond is now a fulltime employee, who can at least try to make this happen (if sevco can do it on a smaller budget then there is no excuse).

This is another important transfer window for us so we need to make it count.
Remember Hartley and Robson.even joe Leddley! hunskelpelpers, we're too lightweight!

Members online

Latest posts

Back