The Kavanaugh hearing.

Theverdict

The hearing is starting just now and it seems to me that even if Christine Ford produced a video of the attack, the Republicans would still nominate their right wing arsehole of a judge.

He is the hand picked man by the Orange Trumpet, who will ensure he avoids going to jail for treason. Or anything else.

The US is now a complete basket case, with Chief Basket Case, Trump leading them down a path of lunacy.

He claimed that the UN were not laughing at him, but with him. That kind of brass neck is beyond belief.

Anybody think this is anything other than a farce?

The hearing is starting just now and it seems to me that even if Christine Ford produced a video of the attack, the Republicans would still nominate their right wing arsehole of a judge. What really annows me,Why does it years for her and others to come forward,she said her career was ruined,well looking at her profile,and what she does, doesn't look like that,and look at her face worried look,as someone who isn't telling the truth.

He is the hand picked man by the Orange Trumpet, who will ensure he avoids going to jail for treason. Or anything else.

The US is now a complete basket case, with Chief Basket Case, Trump leading them down a path of lunacy.

He claimed that the UN were not laughing at him, but with him. That kind of brass neck is beyond belief.

Anybody think this is anything other than a farce?

Funny thing is Democrats can still impeach Kavanaugh out of office whenever they end up with a House+Senate majority. Which could be in a few months, or a couple years.

Either that or stuff the Supreme Court: law doesn't require it to be made of nine judges. They could nominate a tenth, eleventh, twelfth judge if they decide to do so.

They have to start playing dirty when they are in power, as Republicans are totally shameless about it. They don't care Kavanaugh is a rapist (attempted or not, all the same to me). They will ram him through even if dozens of victims come forward. It's US politics in the Trump era. Fun to watch from a distance if you pretend it's fictional. Fucking terrifying if you actually live there.

We got to remember,they were teenagers,back in the day,but why did it take so long,to come out now,

Because he is going to be appointed to the Supreme Court for life. She felt a sex atracjers and liar shouldn’t. That kind of stance about time elapsing is a sex offenders dream excuse. It doesn’t matter how long ago it was, the people involved lives are traumatised.

We got to remember,they were teenagers,back in the day,but why did it take so long,to come out now,

Sexual assault victims don't come forward most of the times, especially if they are teenagers as she was. They feel shame, blame and in this case there was no rape so no physical proof whatsoever.

Just imagine you saw someone who traumatised you for life and got away with is on the verge of being selected for one of the most important positions in the country. For life.

She's being very brave.

I watched part of her testimony. Very credible and Kavanaugh is an utter cunt so I believe her. They Republican bastards will still vote him in though.

Doesn't really matter how long ago it was there's no statute of limitations on sexual assault (I think, could be wrong about that). Also, it doesn't matter as who the hell would want a sex pest in one of the highest offices in the land that cannot be removed?

Doesn't really matter how long ago it was there's no statute of limitations on sexual assault (I think, could be wrong about that). Also, it doesn't matter as who the hell would want a sex pest in one of the highest offices in the land that cannot be removed?

No statute of limitations on sexual assault in Maryland, where it allegedly happened. So he could still be jailed. Don't think so, but at the very least he should be out of the judiciary when everything is said and done. If the US were a decent country, that is.

Edit: jeez, I don't know why I turned this shit on. These Senate hypocrites make me sick to my stomach. They're scum.

Last edited:
There are many varied and profound reasons why a woman felt that she couldn't come forward and make the accusations at the time. The fact that it was years ago shows how things have moved forward and the #metoo campaign has helped highlight to women that their accusations will be taken seriously. Thankfully the days of a woman being accused of being a slut because she had been abused are over and that's why so many victims of abuse are coming forward.

If you watch Netflix House of Cards and watch CNN it’s hard to no what’s real life and what’s not
Kennedy said himself when asked If house of cards was a fictional but accurate in a fictional sense. I don't have the quote but it was along the lines of " No it isn't realistic you would never be able to pass a bill that quickly"

They are going to vote him in. A call to hear other witnesses will be refused.

Shocking indictment on where America is right now. The Republicans have neither shame nor honour.

What a shower of utter bastards.

Hang your heads in shame

They are putting short-term gain first, whatever happens to them in this election or their long-term health be damned.

They remind me of a certain Glasgow south-west tribute act.

American politics have always been difficult to get your head around but at the moment it is more than bizarre and appears to be murkier than usual under Trump's dictatorship. There won't be any closure now for the women involved in the alleged abuses.

Don't forget he's Trumps choice for a reason.
There can never be statues put on any crime
Just look what's happening with the Catholic church at the moment. How can you in all
conscience put a time limit on a victims suffering. That can never be aloud to happen. What next the holocaust victims.
And this guy is gonna be in the supreme court. Never been a fan of America but they are going down a very dark path when victims voices are not being heard for justice but political gain it's the death knell of democracy..its the birth of fascism if it's not not my truth it's not true.

walk a mile in her shoes mate,she was a teenage lassie,that sh it was the norm back then, listen to john lennon "woman is the ni@@er of the world" HH to the women:cry:

Get the sentiment Michael but abuse has no time limit in a civilised society. No matter who or what you think are. HH
totally agree, back then there was no support for victims,they couldn't talk about,couldn't tell anyone about it, people who have been victim's who come forward, to me they are the bravest of the brave and I will support them till my last breath! HH

totally agree, back then there was no support for victims,they couldn't talk about,couldn't tell anyone about it, people who have been victim's who come forward, to me they are the bravest of the brave and I will support them till my last breath! HH
Voices in the darkness that all turned away from. Fucking eternal shame on them!
It's testament to anyone who has been the victim of any abuse that comes forward that the truth will out. GOD bless them that takes courage and strength!

Members online

Latest posts

Back