The objects thrown at Joe Hart and corner takers at Ibrox.

Brimcbhoy

There is something no one has mentioned today. That is the amount of plastic bottles, cups and screwed up paper thrown at Hart and Celtic players during the game yesterday. Now you might say, 'aw it's only plastic and paper' but how do the players know that? One of them could easily be a glass half bottle smuggled in. I saw Turnbull take a corner in the 2nd half yesterday where someone was trying as best as the could to hit him with a flag and missiles rained down on him as he took said corner. Did it affect him ? Dead right it did, he massively overhit it clearing everyone. It clearly affected him as he took a free kick in a good position shortly afterwards, the one he passed straight to their 'keeper. That led to the kick out from the goalie which eventually led to their goal.
How is there no mention of this today, where were the stewards or police? Will it take a direct hit to the head by a proper glass bottle before anything is done? It seems so.

There is something no one has mentioned today. That is the amount of plastic bottles, cups and screwed up paper thrown at Hart and Celtic players during the game yesterday. Now you might say, 'aw it's only plastic and paper' but how do the players know that? One of them could easily be a glass half bottle smuggled in. I saw Turnbull take a corner in the 2nd half yesterday where someone was trying as best as the could to hit him with a flag and missiles rained down on him as he took said corner. Did it affect him ? Dead right it did, he massively overhit it clearing everyone. It clearly affected him as he took a free kick in a good position shortly afterwards, the one he passed straight to their 'keeper. That led to the kick out from the goalie which eventually led to their goal.
How is there no mention of this today, where were the stewards or police? Will it take a direct hit to the head by a proper glass bottle before anything is done? It seems so.
I actually thought that Turnbull was going to get struck with something, when I was watching it....

I seen that also we seen a match in the epl a few seasons ago were the ball deflected of a beech ball and went into the net all the rolled up paper was thrown in front of Joe harts goal I think the match should have been stopped and restarted once they have been moved thier must be some rule some were to cover this.

I seen that also we seen a match in the epl a few seasons ago were the ball deflected of a beech ball and went into the net all the rolled up paper was thrown in front of Joe harts goal I think the match should have been stopped and restarted once they have been moved thier must be some rule some were to cover this.
I believe it's actually a criminal offence to throw ANY object on to the pitch, even a loo roll as they did in the 70s. Coins are especially dangerous if they hit the eye. I'm sure the green keepers picked up a few quid after the game.

Seen that particular and it defo affected the boy and the fans must feel.as if they're rite ontop of u as it is with how the stands are surely the shud be censured and fine day the league for the behaviour of the loutish fans och wit am I talking shite for nothing ever happens one thing shouting abuse but throwing anything shud be punished

you are correct. The game should have been stopped and the Ref and/or 4th official reported as they allowed non players on to the pitch while the ball was in play. What would have happened if there was a sudden clearance up the pitch and like you described it hit one of those guys and went in.
What's the use of having the so-called 'red' zone around the tunnel when the front row of the crowd is in spitting distance of our players?
I hope Dom McKay took a note of these incidents and makes his feelings about player safety known to the SPFL and the Referees association.
Clancy was clearly in breach of his duty of care for our players.

I remember the games in May 2004 when Sutton chipped Klos at the very end to secure the green and whitewash over them, the amount of tatties being chucked onto the pitch was incredible (worse than normal). At one point Alan Thompson was trying to take a corner in front of their support and there was a constant stream of spuds raining done on him - some from the back of the top tier - so these would hurt if they hit you from that height. Thommo had to quickly get out of the way to avoid injury, so the next thing you know is that Dallas went mental and threatened him with a yellow card (from a safe distance obviously, as he didn't want hit on the napper again from thrown objects) and forced him the take it which never really amounted to anything.

Meanwhile, his assistant - who is supposed to stand next to the corner flag to to check in case the ball goes out of play, etc - was standing in line with us and the penalty spot as he was too frightened for his own safety.

The same happened throughout the game against our goalie too. I guess it was their "hilarious" revenge for throwing beach balls onto the pitch the season before.

Of course, as ever there was no mention of it anywhere either from a very real risk to a player's safety or from the very sinister meaning behind why they chose to throw potatoes.

Last edited:
I remember the games in May 2004 when Sutton chipped Klos at the very end to secure the green and whitewash over them the amount of tatties being chucked onto the pitch was incredible (worse than normal). At one point Alan Thompson was trying to take a corner in front of their support and there was a constant stream of spuds raining done on him - some from the back of the top tier - so these would hurt if they hit you from that height. Thommo had to quickly get out of the way to avoid injury, so the next thing you know is that Dallas went mental and threatened him with a yellow card (from a safe distance obviously, as he didn't want hit on the napper again from thrown objects) and forced him the take it which never really amounted to anything.

Meanwhile, his assistant - who is supposed to stand next to the corner flag to to check in case the ball goes out of play, etc - was standing in line with us and the penalty spot as he was too frightened for his own safety.

The same happened throughout the game against our goalie too. I guess it was their "hilarious" revenge for throwing beach balls onto the pitch the season before.

Of course, as ever there was no mention of it anywhere either from a very real risk to a player's safety or from the very sinister meaning behind why they chose to throw potatoes.
That's what I mean. I they were throwing bananas at a black player there would be outrage.
It's time our club commented on this. If we continue to keep silent it will keep going on.

I believe it's actually a criminal offence to throw ANY object on to the pitch, even a loo roll as they did in the 70s. Coins are especially dangerous if they hit the eye. I'm sure the green keepers picked up a few quid after the game.
The greenskeepers...
That would be the guys sniggering behind Ange, as he was being interviewed after the game
No class whatsoever, they have found their true calling, picking up rubbish

I remember the games in May 2004 when Sutton chipped Klos at the very end to secure the green and whitewash over them the amount of tatties being chucked onto the pitch was incredible (worse than normal). At one point Alan Thompson was trying to take a corner in front of their support and there was a constant stream of spuds raining done on him - some from the back of the top tier - so these would hurt if they hit you from that height. Thommo had to quickly get out of the way to avoid injury, so the next thing you know is that Dallas went mental and threatened him with a yellow card (from a safe distance obviously, as he didn't want hit on the napper again from thrown objects) and forced him the take it which never really amounted to anything.

Remember Griffiths getting booked for avoiding being hit with a bottle, as he tried to take a corner during a game
He even stopped his run up to pick up the bottle and show it to the ref, who shouted at him to hurry up, then gave him a yellow card
Ridiculous state of affairs

Remember Griffiths getting booked for avoiding being hit with a bottle, as he tried to take a corner during a game
He even stopped his run up to pick up the bottle and show it to the ref, who shouted at him to hurry up, then gave him a yellow card
Ridiculous state of affairs
That was when we played Linfield over there in a pre qualifier more than a few hauf bottles chucked at him. Ref was miles away, shitebag. 🇮🇪

Does anyone hate protestants? I know I don't and I'm pretty sure everyone on this site doesn't. Or indeed hate any religion.
Hate is a strong word. I don't like any organised religion and hate people who try and force their religion on you.
I wouldn't say there are many protestants in the rangers support although they will all say they are. The church of Scotland have around 13,000 people going to church each week. Not a lot.
If you were to ask most people at ibrox what the difference is between a Catholic Church and protestants churches they wouldn't have a clue. If you asked them they would probably think John Knox was their old assistant manager

Last edited:
We
We mentioned while watching the match that the stewards did nothing.An absolute disgrace. I cannot recall anyone in the Media or Pundits mentioning it. Again all in plain sight.

We

We mentioned while watching the match that the stewards did nothing.An absolute disgrace. I cannot recall anyone in the Media or Pundits mentioning it. Again all in plain sight.
the stewards are all fans ,they advertised years ago for fans to take up stewarding for the clubto save costs all they need was a gormless inbred look and access to a xxxxl high viz jkt
if there's ever a major incident at there ground they deny all knowledge as they've done before

Back