The Poppy?

Accidentally came across this song.

its pretty famous apparently

Just I never heard it.

song about an Anzac dude at gallipolli and his experience of war

not a nice song but it tells a story that has a message that hits the heart

Might just be me, but it puts me right off the idea of war and its long consequences for people who survive it.

Not a fan of the poppy shite myself

But I respect the sacrifice of the men who thought they were doing the right thing.

One of my favourite songs TET, I believe Bogle is an Edinburgh man, this song was covered by the Pogues on their second album, definitely one of the greatest anti war songs ever written, glad you found it big fella. πŸ‘

James McClean made a great point last year during the usual hatefest he has to endure every November, he said if the poppy was worn only to honour those who fell in the two bloodbaths of ww1 and ww2, then he wouldn't have an issue, neither would I, but throw Ireland, Africa and India into the mix, then you'd be as well wearing a swastika next to your poppy.

on a different subject every time it read on the forums about the imminent demise of the huns only to hear they have pulled another rabbit out of the hat in respect of a new contract here and there and promises to make new signings in january i would love this mob to go down the tubes again and wish they would a.s.a.p so where are they getting the money from and is there any truth in all the stories we have been hearing about their financial problems or is it just wishful thinking on my part

Been said before if it was for world war 1&2 no problem but unfortunately the orange order/ rangers have hijacked the poppy

There were thousands of Irish men Catholic and protestant who died side by side in the first world War. They were comrades and brothers fighting against the same enemy. It annoys me to think of the great divide among us. I for one wish there wasn't. HH ☘️☘️

Back