The real consequence of us failing to beat Copenhagen

BILLCOWIE1958

Failing to beat Copenhagen in the last 32 of EUROPA LEAGUE was admittedly a major let down for all Celtic minded individuals

Although not favourites to lift the trophy despite insinuations by Dan Petrescu we'd have expected the Hoops to advance further than we did

A consequence of falling at the round of 32 hurdle was the damage to the Scottish co-efgicient which had we been successful would have given 2 Scottish Clubs access to the Champions League the season after next

This not happening will harm SEVCO more than it will Celtic as the the GASL has let it be known that CL qualification for the Tribute Act would remedy all financial ailments of the 8 year old Club

As it stands Scotland will remain having 1 entrant in the competition and it's down to Celtic to achieve 10 IAR to ensure it's US

As we regularly see cash flow debts and negative legal decisions against the HUNS all contribute to instability of the Ibrox side and although the initial disappointment of defeat by the Danes was a bitter pill to swallow perhaps it will provide a silver lining or two?

Patience and time will tell

HH🍀

As I write this, I’ve been out since last night so forgive any mistakes etc. 🙏🏼

I put a post up about the coefficients a couple of months ago I think (group stage time). I thought we’d managed at that time to secure 2 CL spots & 2 less rounds qualifying. I didn’t realise it was for the season after next (I still don’t understand why that is). Like you say, doesn’t effect us as such

But on your point, this season isn’t finished. Technically sevco could earn more points to help with the standings, although they’re now going for 25% points instead of us both going for 50%. The fact we got beat by a danish team didn’t help as I believe they’re the country ahead of us (I haven’t looked for a while). My recollection was that we’d already secured the spot for 2 teams and 2 less rounds qualifying, and anything now is a bonus on top?

If rangers hadn’t been at it with EBTs previously, and sevco weren’t miraculously reborn debt free after bumping everyone, so that now we have a sevco that just throws borrowed money around, I’d probably be up for them doing well in Europe

bed,.....

Hi I am sure I read somewhere the reason why the European co-ef decides a countrys places a season later is becuase of some of Northen European leagues playing in the summer and their leagues end in November..

I was also of the belief that 1 of the 2 Glasgow clubs reaching the last 16 was enough for us to finish up in 15th place and 2 cl spots 2nd place sevco starting in round 2 with us in round 4 but tbh I canny be arsed to check it all out again , tedious and the reality is that we are europa league standards now, that's no slant on us just that the cl is so ridiculously corrupt that I cant see it last for many seasons more like this

Failing to beat Copenhagen in the last 32 of EUROPA LEAGUE was admittedly a major let down for all Celtic minded individuals

Although not favourites to lift the trophy despite insinuations by Dan Petrescu we'd have expected the Hoops to advance further than we did

A consequence of falling at the round of 32 hurdle was the damage to the Scottish co-efgicient which had we been successful would have given 2 Scottish Clubs access to the Champions League the season after next

This not happening will harm SEVCO more than it will Celtic as the the GASL has let it be known that CL qualification for the Tribute Act would remedy all financial ailments of the 8 year old Club

As it stands Scotland will remain having 1 entrant in the competition and it's down to Celtic to achieve 10 IAR to ensure it's US

As we regularly see cash flow debts and negative legal decisions against the HUNS all contribute to instability of the Ibrox side and although the initial disappointment of defeat by the Danes was a bitter pill to swallow perhaps it will provide a silver lining or two?

HH🍀
Not playing on a Thursday night is a good thing as we chase 9 and 10 iar, in my humble opinion. European success is only the chocolate sauce on top of th jelly and ice cream that comes with domestic domination.
We have our boots on their necks, let's us not remove the pressure. I will take jelly and ice cream all day long. If it's served with chocolate sauce, so much the better.

Not playing on a Thursday night is a good thing as we chase 9 and 10 iar, in my humble opinion. European success is only the chocolate sauce on top of th jelly and ice cream that comes with domestic domination.
We have our boots on their necks, let's us not remove the pressure. I will take jelly and ice cream all day long. If it's served with chocolate sauce, so much the better.

Replace chocolate sauce for one year with ribbons and bunton

1583586734217.png

HH🍀

In my opinion, Champions league money would help them ameliorate their losses if they wisely downsized their operations by selling key assets at peak prices, then re-investing with cheaper equivalents.

In 2012 they had access to CL money but because they hadn't properly financially grounded the club any set back in their aspirations for revenue needed to be bailed out by external finance.

It was, imo, the years of spending on players that Rangers could not afford through normal revenue streams, supported by clandestine bank loans to excessive degree that killed the club stone dead.

The added complexity of secret registrations and offshore trust loans (actually wages disguised) makes it a scandal of epic proportions.

Hun hierarchy are excessive risk takers with other peoples money, but it never affects their own personal wealth if/when the excessive risks collapse the club like a pack of cards. But they reap the biggest benefits if those huge risks pay off.

If Sevco (aka Rangers in disguise) did reach CL it would NOT benefit the club financially unless they scaled back on the excessive risks. But it would allow the charlatans running club to escape by selling shares at a higher price and perhaps leaving the mess to the next guy t be called the Idiot.

A bit like Sir Moonbeam did

He was caught in a loan promise supported by his huge holding company which would have left him the idiot who killed Rangers and still left him on the hook for 100M worth of Rangers debt.

Effectively he got a substitute idiot and sold his 100+M debt for 1 pound

But CL didn't save the Rangers following season because the wages were too high despite massive downsizing over several years.

Back