They Are Coming

Torn between lmao and greeting ma eyes oot mate, the rumour mill is going full pelt now, he's apparently met Dermot twice, I think there'll be many names chucked around before we announce NFL.
Who knows, maybe Dermot is still raging at the huns and is desperate to really put them in their place, their support is sticking with them now but fast forward a few years mate and if we're still winning leagues they will desert their club because they can't handle our success mate.
Don't know about Jose, but if there's any truth that we are going for someone of that calibre, they are showing a wee bit ambition as a transfer kitty would be a demand for a top manager.

I am a little leery of spending big money on managers when the money could go to getting better players. In baseball (different sport, I know, but bear with me) there have been many managers who have been completely average but led their teams to championships. The best example of this is Bobby Cox, who managed the great Atlanta Braves teams of the '90s. Cox had such a great team that anyone could have managed those teams to championships. I could have managed those teams to victory. Farm animals could have managed those teams to success.

There is a flip side to this, too. Great managers can take average or good players and, in the mix as a team, make them a great unit. Again, baseball: Bruce Bochy of the San Francisco Giants took three average teams this decade to championships.

Now for the point, for those who are still awake: I don't know if Mourhino is one of those managers who can take average players and make them great. From what I read so far, he isn't, but I could be wrong. But he won't come cheap, and if we're going to spend money, it should be on quality players.

I am a little leery of spending big money on managers when the money could go to getting better players. In baseball (different sport, I know, but bear with me) there have been many managers who have been completely average but led their teams to championships. The best example of this is Bobby Cox, who managed the great Atlanta Braves teams of the '90s. Cox had such a great team that anyone could have managed those teams to championships. I could have managed those teams to victory. Farm animals could have managed those teams to success.

There is a flip side to this, too. Great managers can take average or good players and, in the mix as a team, make them a great unit. Again, baseball: Bruce Bochy of the San Francisco Giants took three average teams this decade to championships.

Now for the point, for those who are still awake: I don't know if Mourhino is one of those managers who can take average players and make them great. From what I read so far, he isn't, but I could be wrong. But he won't come cheap, and if we're going to spend money, it should be on quality players.

This guy would drain our budget dry,,,,, for his salary, not for me either Icafiero

I was on the BBC site there, seeing how Hibs are getting on against the Zombies and one of Slippy's comments made me laugh:

Slippy G. said:
I can’t have people hanging around my squad being a drain or energy-sapper within the group," he said in this morning's papers.

"If there are players I don’t need, it’s easy to address that. I’ll show the players an honesty and respect. If there’s someone who I don’t feel I can give happiness to, in terms of game time, then I’ll tell him. Then the decision’s out of my hands.

"My squad will be tight, small and full of people who will be playing in games and contributing to our success. If I have that conversation with someone and they decide to stay, they won’t be around my group

To my mind, this translates as -
I've signed a lot of shit players, haven't I? And that cow Halliday is still here.
I wish I didn't sign them! It's costing us a fortune to pay all these dafties!
I'll talk to them and be respectful but if they don't do as I say then I'll spit the dummy.

He really is a stupid man. Does he think players are just going to give up their contracts as a favour to Eh Bers?

Moanhino thinks he can walk on water and give the Good Lord football lessons. Don't like the guy. Humble not in his vocabulary.. He did, however, do well with Porto. If he turns up at Paradise I'll help MD eat his hats( and drink his stella).

Back