They Are Coming

I don't think we'd even be in the running for a coach like Mourinho. He was certainly brought down a peg or two after Man Utd and he will be looking to up his stock again, so not impossible I suppose. However, what a coach like that brings is a level of sophistication in terms of European football and make no mistake, he is the type of manager who can attract top quality players (don't know if we could afford them right enough). He is, for all his faults, still a hugely respected coach. Would he want to come to Celtic? I very much doubt it unless he can't get a gig with one of the Euro giants. Is he any good at bringing on young players, which is what he'd have to do in the main at Celtic? I don't know enough about him to answer that. I think most of us on here would agree that the Eurocentric, sophisticated coaching systems introduced by Ronnie Delia and progressed further by Rodgers is indeed the way forward and without doubt, that is what we'd get from Mourinho. Indeed this is why I personally would not offer the job to NL. He'll win everything in sight domestically, but in reality the gulf now in Scottish Football is such that just about any half decent manager could win the league for us. Europe and the respect, and of course the riches that go with it, is where we need to focus. So, I believe it has to be a Mourinho type coach to take us forward. Perhaps there is a place at Celtic for NL, I would certainly hope so, but I'm just not sure in what capacity. Thoughts?

I don't think we'd even be in the running for a coach like Mourinho. He was certainly brought down a peg or two after Man Utd and he will be looking to up his stock again, so not impossible I suppose. However, what a coach like that brings is a level of sophistication in terms of European football and make no mistake, he is the type of manager who can attract top quality players (don't know if we could afford them right enough). He is, for all his faults, still a hugely respected coach. Would he want to come to Celtic? I very much doubt it unless he can't get a gig with one of the Euro giants. Is he any good at bringing on young players, which is what he'd have to do in the main at Celtic? I don't know enough about him to answer that. I think most of us on here would agree that the Eurocentric, sophisticated coaching systems introduced by Ronnie Delia and progressed further by Rodgers is indeed the way forward and without doubt, that is what we'd get from Mourinho. Indeed this is why I personally would not offer the job to NL. He'll win everything in sight domestically, but in reality the gulf now in Scottish Football is such that just about any half decent manager could win the league for us. Europe and the respect, and of course the riches that go with it, is where we need to focus. So, I believe it has to be a Mourinho type coach to take us forward. Perhaps there is a place at Celtic for NL, I would certainly hope so, but I'm just not sure in what capacity. Thoughts?
Maybe NL can pick the players up after diving practice.

I would he would bury the tribute act within one season.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2014/02/16/why-...to-one-day-manage-celtic-4306018/?ito=cbshare
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

Jose Mourinho has indicated he has unfinished business with Celtic more than a decade after his Porto side pipped the Bhoys to the UEFA Cup in Seville. It’s not as though the former Real Madrid and Internationale boss doesn’t know the game in Scotland. In fact in a sense his managerial career began there nearly 20 years ago. As a translator for Bobby Robson at Porto he came to the SFA’s centre of excellence in the Ayrshire town of Largs – a famed coaching hub – to gain his badges. We may think of Mourinho as a lover of the English game, but it is undeniable that Scotland is his spiritual home. Asked if he fancied the hot seat in the east end of Glasgow he said ‘you never know what can happen in football.’ Celtic competing south of the border may still be pretty unlikely but given his links to Scotland the idea of Mourinho plying his trade there is by no means far-fetched.

Links? Tenuous to say the least.

Fk sake thats rid neck clutching ??

Members online

Latest posts

Back