Things that make you say ... huh.

Reading the news and I see CNN talking about Celtic with a headline lumping Celtic Fans in with Lazio scum. Then I came across this....
View attachment 5042

The Great Famine being described as economic difficulties.
That is actually worse than BBC correspondent calling Mussolini a 'wartime leader'
Economic difficulties is redundancy, not starvation.
What next? 'Don't say famine, perhaps sustenance challenges' ffs

That is actually worse than BBC correspondent calling Mussolini a 'wartime leader'
The FB group I linked to above argues that what happened in 1840s Ireland was a deliberate holocaust rather than just a famine. Food was removed from the country at gunpoint while the population starved and aid shipments were prevented from entry. A food shortage was manipulated into famine by an establishment with genocidal intent. That constitutes a holocaust.

Nutritionally challenged? Eating impaired? FFS! I'm not sure if I'm more pissed off by the bigotry or the ignorance.
Anyway, Charlie Nicholas can ram it up his hoop. All the best folks HH.

Sorry PMM didn't mean to understate it at all. Been reading through your link. Thanks for posting it. Think it will take a while to get through but I'm already to my shame admitting I'd no idea on a lot of that!

It's disgraceful journalism at best. I'm pretty far left myself so it makes me laugh when CNN is called radical liberalism. To use a term like this.

It's disgraceful journalism at best. I'm pretty far left myself so it makes me laugh when CNN is called radical liberalism. To use a term like this.
Aye, I've heard trumpbots referring to Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper as "progressives"????

Jesus only knows what kind of head exploding there will be if Bernie gets the nomination?

Erin Burnett is a wee honey though.

I educated my daughter who then educated her teacher. My wee girl is a massive fan of horrible histories...she has loads of books. All the gory bits of history taught in a fun way. She has a book of the biggest disasters in history causing millions of people to die....the "irish famine" is in it.
Anyway, the kids where asked to do a history project. My wee girl chose the famine. The history book, Written by an english historian, tells of how many people died in Ireland and many left the country due to a famine. No mention of the fact that during the, so called famine, more food was taken out of ireland to be sold all over the empire. No mention of armed soldiers preventing families from getting to the food that was being stolen from them, no mention of the british politicians who said it was God's will that the irish starve and die.

Needless to say my little girls teacher asked me to change her topic as it was a bit dark for 7 year olds 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ it's only allowed if we praise our "heroes and empire"

Reading the news and I see CNN talking about Celtic with a headline lumping Celtic Fans in with Lazio scum. Then I came across this....
View attachment 5042

The Great Famine being described as economic difficulties.
For a journalist. if it was one, that is poor and totally either he/she is fucking historically illetrate or a fucking denier of a historic ethnic cleansing massacre and crime against humanity.

Latest posts

Back