Thread about the Noise

Guys
First things first, I absolutely ASSURE YOU that criticism of the team/management/board will not be moderated or banned or restricted in any way.

No, when I talk about moderation what I mean is that all the personal mudslinging that goes on elsewhere is not gonna be allowed. You know the type of thing; we've all seen forums degenerate into complete chaos with that sort of stuff. People flinging personal insults at each other over differences of opinion, that sort of thing.

In fact, I'll tell you what one of the rules is going to be, if this sets your minds at ease; no poster gets to diss another poster's thread or discussion topic. The words "who cares?" or "get this to fuck" don't belong here ... this is for people who have something they want to say. If people think certain topics are causing a problem - or if they're put up here just to cause a problem - then let me know and we can make a collective decision ... but no, I have no intention of modering anyone who is here simply to make a point or start a debate.

And no, some of the people who bug the shit out me and each other on the blog WON'T be here because this site has one thing my blog alas does not ... the need for a VERFIFIED email address, and that's gonna keep some of the nutters away.

The rest, I hope you'll point me in the right direction of.

As to the blog, the blog's in good shape and will be around as long as I am haha. When I took over The CelticBlog I vowed that it would be a Scottish football site from a Celtic perspective; written by Celtic fans it will never be anything other than a "Celtic site" but I wanted to write about more than just our club. The media do get mentioned a lot ... but my generation of fans saw the mainstream media poison the support against Fergus and others.

They used to have a Hell of a lot of influence. They could destroy Celtic coaches and Celtic players. They could undermine the club at every turn. Damned sure that's not happening again. Ever. We don't keep them honest, they'll never be honest ... but we keep them from spreading lies unchecked and from sewing division where there is none.

Those days are over.

Guys
First things first, I absolutely ASSURE YOU that criticism of the team/management/board will not be moderated or banned or restricted in any way.

No, when I talk about moderation what I mean is that all the personal mudslinging that goes on elsewhere is not gonna be allowed. You know the type of thing; we've all seen forums degenerate into complete chaos with that sort of stuff. People flinging personal insults at each other over differences of opinion, that sort of thing.

In fact, I'll tell you what one of the rules is going to be, if this sets your minds at ease; no poster gets to diss another poster's thread or discussion topic. The words "who cares?" or "get this to fuck" don't belong here ... this is for people who have something they want to say. If people think certain topics are causing a problem - or if they're put up here just to cause a problem - then let me know and we can make a collective decision ... but no, I have no intention of modering anyone who is here simply to make a point or start a debate.

And no, some of the people who bug the shit out me and each other on the blog WON'T be here because this site has one thing my blog alas does not ... the need for a VERFIFIED email address, and that's gonna keep some of the nutters away.

The rest, I hope you'll point me in the right direction of.

As to the blog, the blog's in good shape and will be around as long as I am haha. When I took over The CelticBlog I vowed that it would be a Scottish football site from a Celtic perspective; written by Celtic fans it will never be anything other than a "Celtic site" but I wanted to write about more than just our club. The media do get mentioned a lot ... but my generation of fans saw the mainstream media poison the support against Fergus and others.

They used to have a Hell of a lot of influence. They could destroy Celtic coaches and Celtic players. They could undermine the club at every turn. Damned sure that's not happening again. Ever. We don't keep them honest, they'll never be honest ... but we keep them from spreading lies unchecked and from sewing division where there is none.

Those days are over.
This feels like a tangent James, please moderate accordingly and also starting to get late in the evening for common sense. It will never catch on
😂
HH

Funnily enough....I was going to copy and paste a thread from fester fester on here regarding their "rules"....one of which was

.....don't criticise the team, the management or the board.

I really hope the noise doesn't go down the same direction of the scum forum, where admin delete posts and threads that don't appeal to them, left right and centre....
Code of Conduct a good idea Hopefully the changes are for the better, and the forum isn't changed too much, but it's your 'gig' so we'll wait and see

Back