Three Lions

bhoy4life

All over todays news.
The FA want Three Lions to be stopped from being Englands anthem.
Why you may ask?
Because other nations and peoples find it offensive so the national football governing body have stepped in, all newspapers down south are running the story and its basically its on all news channels being discussed.
Meanwhile…2022 in Scotland…up to your knees in fenian blood, still gets blasted every week even tho its banned by the courts, never mentioned, never questioned…but thats absolutely fine….go figure 🤔

All over todays news.
The FA want Three Lions to be stopped from being Englands anthem.
Why you may ask?
Because other nations and peoples find it offensive so the national football governing body have stepped in, all newspapers down south are running the story and its basically its on all news channels being discussed.
Meanwhile…2022 in Scotland…up to your knees in fenian blood, still gets blasted every week even tho its banned by the courts, never mentioned, never questioned…but thats absolutely fine….go figure 🤔
Personally, I don't find three lions offensive. I just happen to think that it's a steaming pile of shite that's been put in front of an industrial strength fan and then splattered everywhere.

I think that what bothers the FA, is that in 1996 the German fans appropriated the song during the Euros and then Italy (particularly Bonucci) did the same last year.

Our English neighbours 'don't like it up 'em' and might be seeking an alternative that can't be so easily turned against them.

As for that mob - accountability isn't a word that fits into their very limited vocabulary. It sounds too much like accountancy and we all know how useless both versions of that club were in maintaining their books.

Perhaps they could amend the words to: "we're up to our necks in mounting debt, surrender or we'll die (again)"

Whits up wi 3 lions? I always thought it was one of the best football songs, look at the pish we’ve had, ole-ola, fae rod Stewart, terrible, “we had a dream” ba Roberson and him oota Gregory’s girl, and “ally’s tartan army” fae ally Cameron 💩
Hoy - what is wrong with "we have a dream"? It was brilliant! :LOL:(y)

Sadly for me, the best fitba song in my opinion was englandneworder's "World In Motion". It even had a decent/corny rap by that brilliant footballer, John Barnes. I wonder what JB did after he stopped playing as he seemed to just disappear from football completely (I have no recollection of him going into management or coaching - now that cost me a fortune in therapy to allow me to forget his post-playing sins).

Whits up wi 3 lions? I always thought it was one of the best football songs, look at the pish we’ve had, ole-ola, fae rod Stewart, terrible, “we had a dream” ba Roberson and him oota Gregory’s girl, and “ally’s tartan army” fae ally Cameron 💩
Jeez Bb.......do you mind that Del Amitri number for France 98???

I had to take antidepressants for a month after listening to it (which was still two weeks longer than what Scotland lasted at the tournament)

Hoy - what is wrong with "we have a dream"? It was brilliant! :LOL:(y)

Sadly for me, the best fitba song in my opinion was englandneworder's "World In Motion". It even had a decent/corny rap by that brilliant footballer, John Barnes. I wonder what JB did after he stopped playing as he seemed to just disappear from football completely (I have no recollection of him going into management or coaching - now that cost me a fortune in therapy to allow me to forget his post-playing sins).
You know what, Bridie........I must have took a proper dunk to the nugget round about the Summer of 99, because my memory recall for that period just after John Barnes had finished his playing career is pretty hazy at best.

I can vaguely remember Hugh Keevins shiting it in a boozer sometime around early 2000, but that's it as far as that period goes.

Wonder what happened to the world-class footballer, John Barnes after he finished playing?

Might have made a decent coach somewhere?

You know what, Bridie........I must have took a proper dunk to the nugget round about the Summer of 99, because my memory recall for that period just after John Barnes had finished his playing career is pretty hazy at best.

I can vaguely remember Hugh Keevins shiting it in a boozer sometime around early 2000, but that's it as far as that period goes.

Wonder what happened to the world-class footballer, John Barnes after he finished playing?

Might have made a decent coach somewhere?
Raphael💩 put an end to his coaching I believe.

Was Italia 90 that adopted Nessun Dorma?? With big Pav or was that just one of the Tv channels theme tunes?? Either way brilliant and will always be the second best adopted for fitba song of all time imho.
It was the theme for BBC's coverage, and it made Pavarotti really massive (either that or all the pizzas and cornettos he must have scoffed).

Only cause you canny boogy it's not the songs fault u ain't no paddy swayze🤣🤣
I used to think I was a mad hybrid o' Gene Kelly and Paddy Swayze when I hit the dancing, Cairnsy.

That was until mobile phones came with cameras and I realised I was more Herman Munster on acid???

Catch a wee lassie above my head? I could'nae even catch a size-5 mitre

There was talk we were binning Flower of Scotland and replacing it with Bits&Pieces..Broonys idea 😂
I might get chased for this, Tony, but I can barely tolerate Flower of Scotland. I'm still no convinced that it's not a coincidence that our national team's performances got progressively worse while that's been the anthem.

Personally, I would prefer to stick hot needles in my ear than have to listen to that. No disrespect to The Corries, it might be a decent wee toe-tapper up in the but'n'ben, but it's indicative of everything that's wrong in Scottish society........bogged doon in horrible history, just like that mob in the Southside.

Only cause you canny boogy it's not the songs fault u ain't no paddy swayze🤣🤣
Read recently that they're filming a sequel of sorts to Dirty Dancing, Cairnsy.

Got me to thinking that seeing as big Barkas cannae cut it as a keeper, then he might want to consider acting. He's got a chance too, because he's been acting the goat for two seasons now.

Don't think Dirty Dancing would be the right movie for him though, thon wee lassie would end up in the trauma unit if they were depending on Barkas catching her.

Seeing as the patriotic English folk are devoted to their royal family. They might want to consider this as an anthem to commemorate the service that the friend of human sex trafficker, Jeffrey Epstein, gave to his country.

I also think the outfits would make an appropriate kit for their forthcoming World Cup appearance.

Harry Kane in leatherman gear would certainly gie me 'the fear'

Don't know about you good folk, but I find Flower of Scotland a wee dodd cringeworthy. Would prefer something along the lines of Frankie Miller's Caledonia
There's a tune, Frank........I'd even settle for a Sydney Devine number before Flower of Scotland.

Interestingly enough, Nobody's child would be a grand number for the sevvie fans to sing, as who would want to claim any responsibility for giving birth to any o' that lot.

Back