To all the panic-merchants . . .

Did anyone get as outraged as I did about Steven Thompson on BBC last night? We all now that true colours are raised whenever Rangers win (have a read of today's newspapers if you don't believe me!) but last night was truly sickeningly sycophantic. Michael Stewart is a jambo and no lover of Celtic either, but his points were well thought out and fair, whereas, I'm afraid that Steven Thompson is simply a Rangers supporter with a microphone. Remember, three weeks ago, he was almost in denial about the League Cup final and came close to telling us that Rangers had won it after all! I would have far more respect for him if he simply came out and said that he was a Rangers supporter, rather than trying to hide behind the image of neutrality on the BBC.
Rant over, but I'd be interested to hear other people's views on this one. On the general point, I agree there is no need for panic. We simply have to raise out game. But we can do that. And the Scottish League Cup remains adorned with green and white ribbons and hopes to meet its two friends again in May! Rise again, Celtic!
Amazing how many rangers fans come crawling out the woodwork once they have beat us! Look at gerrards celebrations you would think they won the league already. Wasnt that when we celebrated at ibrox. I used to like Gerrard at liverpool but what an absolute w**k he has ended up to be managing they acumen

My tuppence worth

it took 80 mins for change

we learned nothing in regards to how they played in the cup final ,,,,is it complacency

in the first half our only open threat was forrest and frimpong ,yet nobody from our bench got a hold of either of them and said ,,,Fkn run at them

Frimpong yes lack of experience and he does get pass marks but forrest has been failing for weeks a passenger and we did fk all till the 80th minute

if that's being a panic merchant then so be it i'll gladly join them , that for me was a gutless a performance as we had a their place

And is most at fault of the manager and his tactics or shall we say lack of them

Rant over Happy new year to all when it comes

Nailed it, Deadner. We were behind at this point last year. This year, we're not. If we have a second half of the season like we did last year -- on the pitch that is, minus the leadership drama -- we should be in good shape. And there's every indication that we will.

Some amateur analysts and armchair psychologists on this thread perceive that as denial. I can't speak for them.

Let's see how the season plays out. Keeping the receipts here.
Everybodys entitled to their opinion Larry and the team and management deserve pelters for that shit show yesterday!Think theres a lot guilty of underestimating this mob ,me included.

Lenny has got the reality check he's needed, he has been in denial since the League cup final. For a man that's been in football a lifetime could himself and his coaching staff not see what was unfolding before them.
They were winning games unconvincingly .
The mental power and drive in gone and we need it back. We also need more of a physical presence around the middle.
Im disappointed the coaching team hasn't seen the obvious and reacted accordingly.

Yet, looking at the scoresheet, they are winning games. Does it matter how convincingly or unconvincingly?

Pity that this fact is overlooked: Between the beginning of November and Black Sunday, the only time Celtic had more than four days off in a row was back in mid-November. Also throw in two European away games, which involved travel. But was fatigue a problem? Not if this thread is any indication, though the reality may dictate otherwise.

Yet, looking at the scoresheet, they are winning games. Does it matter how convincingly or unconvincingly?

Pity that this fact is overlooked: Between the beginning of November and Black Sunday, the only time Celtic had more than four days off in a row was back in mid-November. Also throw in two European away games, which involved travel. But was fatigue a problem? Not if this thread is any indication, though the reality may dictate otherwise.
Larry, I think the majority of posters have kept things in perspective. There is a lot of disappointment and even anger at the terrible non-performance of practically every player on the pitch on Sunday. In my opinion some of the compaints about Boli were over the top but I guess people are entitled to their opnions too.

You make a very important point about tiredness though. This is something I have been harping on about for z couple of years now. Most of our players hVe been playing internationals into mid-June (or even July), off for a coupke of weeks then a hurried pre-season training for competitive European qualifiers mid-July.

After 3 or 4 years of these 11 & a half month seasons, coupled with European runs and winning every domestic cup too results in mental & physical fatigue and playing constantly with nighly injuries. It is tough and a lot of pressure having to be at your best in every single match.

The lack of time between games also means we have very little time in the practice ground. Maybe this is why our poor records at scoring from and defending set pieces is an issue?

Wr need to be smarter at squad rotation but this is difficult as we cannot afford to drop any points in league games and should be playing the full 90 minutes as we are trying to increase our goal difference.

It is difficult for Lenny and his coaches to manage but they have done very well for most of the last 10 months. But the squad needs more support in several key positions - playing all these games in the last 2 months with only 2 fit CBs, 2 fit DMs and at best 1 fit striker (and sometimes 0) was asking for trouble and bordering on the negligent, and was predicted by many of us in the summer.

Let's hope the team come back refreshed, hungry and stronger (and please buy the players early so they can actually train with the squad before games, instead of buying them all on the very last day of the transfer window as usual) as we are straight back into a tough run of games again.

Here's to a historic 2020! 🍀HH

My tuppence worth

it took 80 mins for change

we learned nothing in regards to how they played in the cup final ,,,,is it complacency

in the first half our only open threat was forrest and frimpong ,yet nobody from our bench got a hold of either of them and said ,,,Fkn run at them

Frimpong yes lack of experience and he does get pass marks but forrest has been failing for weeks a passenger and we did fk all till the 80th minute

if that's being a panic merchant then so be it i'll gladly join them , that for me was a gutless a performance as we had a their place

And is most at fault of the manager and his tactics or shall we say lack of them

Rant over Happy new year to all when it comes
Very good RANT Kelly.

HH.

What I was trying to say was if your carrying out a task, job or finishing off a football match with conviction it breeds confidence in yer ability as an individual or as a team which we needed going into a match which could've put us in a strong position to win 9 in a row.

My biggest fear is why we fell into the same trap as we did in the cup final..
Did they not learn anything from the final.. I did.
I learned we have quality footballers who are not strong enough in midfield,I learned we have a very arrogant centre back who thinks a lot of himself and who also thinks he is the finished article at age 21,,I learned we need a left back who we can have a bit of faith in when under pressure,,I learned we desperately need help up front for Eddy..I also learned the tactics on display on Sunday were the same tactics we used in the cup final,is this down to arrogance or ignorance..
I know Gerrard has nothing to do with the tactics at ipox but whoever the culprit is he has them bang on when it comes to facing us..
Lets hope the Bhoys come back bigger and stronger after their wee sunshine break..

HH..

We need change and fast.....It's no 'I still canny see them comin' anymair….They are on us.....and going by the last 2 games....and especially at Celtic Park....they have us beat....Yes, a few months ago, we were all in a good mood, we were talking about the quadruple etc.....I obviously don't like saying this, and a lot wont agree....but....If we don't change...for the better. we can say goodbye to 9 in a row. Just think about that for a moment....they come to Celtic Park...and dominated us..... :(

. . . a message from Odsonne Edouard.
View attachment 6222
You don't think being bested twice in a couple weeks is a reason for concern ?
the fact we were unable to handle them second time around, that we had no game plan to deal with their "in your face attitude" . That we learned NOTHING from the Cup Final. I ain't panicking buddie, but Iam worried.
WE NEED A STRIKER. NOW. TODAY.

We need change and fast.....It's no 'I still canny see them comin' anymair….They are on us.....and going by the last 2 games....and especially at Celtic Park....they have us beat....Yes, a few months ago, we were all in a good mood, we were talking about the quadruple etc.....I obviously don't like saying this, and a lot wont agree....but....If we don't change...for the better. we can say goodbye to 9 in a row. Just think about that for a moment....they come to Celtic Park...and dominated us..... :(
They also have an easier time playing other like minded huns in a league riddled with them

The game at Ibrox could tell us what way its gony go,theyve just won the biggest game in their short history,let them enjoy it .Im sure Lenny and the players know they let the fans and themselves down.Im certain we'll bounce back stronger from this.Maybe we needed this reality check.

Lenny has got the reality check he's needed, he has been in denial since the League cup final. For a man that's been in football a lifetime could himself and his coaching staff not see what was unfolding before them.
The mental power and drive in gone and we need it back. We also need more of a physical presence around the middle.
Im disappointed the coaching team hasn't seen the obvious and reacted accordingly.
(y)

blah blah, kumpany man blah.
kourse it matters, wen btw d fact is d deid club had d same time off, so ur point is ur usual kumpany yes man selektiv nod a long.

larry u overdo d Celtic fan stay calm jive talkin

u finks u nose mor dan us! fink u r b able 2 silenc debate or laugh at genuine Celtic fans concerns by suggestin any questionurs r nuthin but panic merchants! u actuallee finks u nose better.
u lik 2 portray urself az d calm wize super experience Celtic man.

wen d fact d reality is u only first heard of Celtic 2 start followin dis time last year.

its d kompuny man peeps kind a like u! dat enkurigd pistol pete 2 gamble wiv Celtic n make 10 now a hit or miss gamble.
giphy.webp

d only real diffrenz iz! it iz d peeps who (unlike u) aktually atend Celtic matches, d clap alongs who try n silence debate until itz broken n 2 late.

Back