TOMMY'S BOOTS

The Shamrock

I see that the boots big Tam wore and scored when the Celts won the big cup in Lisbon are going up for sale at McTear's Auctions and that they estimate that they could go for about £10,000.

Should Celtic not be buying them for posterity?

I'd buy them myself but I'm a couple of quid short this month. ?

I see that the boots big Tam wore and scored when the Celts won the big cup in Lisbon are going up for sale at McTear's Auctions and that they estimate that they could go for about £10,000.

You want a tap? A mean if its only a couple of quid ye need ???

You want a tap? A mean if its only a couple of quid ye need ???

I'll give yee a tap nae probs, here_20190708_163241.JPG

They would look good in the trophy room beside the big cup ?

Both myself and my family spent a lot of time with Tommy in his last few years. We organised Sky and BT for him because he missed seeing the games.

He could be frail and confused but as soon as we got the conversation onto football he remembered everything vividly. We’d hear time and again about him being statistically the best goalkeeper in Celtic’s history - he never lost a goal - or the best centre-forward - he played up front on the USA tour before Lisbon and scored a hat-trick.

He couldn’t understand how the Hearts keeper managed to save that penalty despite TG giving it full welly!!

He loved Celtic and loved talking about Celtic. It was a privilege to know him. A Celtic great.,

Both myself and my family spent a lot of time with Tommy in his last few years. We organised Sky and BT for him because he missed seeing the games.

He could be frail and confused but as soon as we got the conversation onto football he remembered everything vividly. We’d hear time and again about him being statistically the best goalkeeper in Celtic’s history - he never lost a goal - or the best centre-forward - he played up front on the USA tour before Lisbon and scored a hat-trick.

He couldn’t understand how the Hearts keeper managed to save that penalty despite TG giving it full welly!!

He loved Celtic and loved talking about Celtic. It was a privilege to know him. A Celtic great.,

Then shouldn't the club buy the boots?

Back