Transfer Round-up (merged)

I’m hearing the Taylor deal has stalled due to Hendry wanting a payout. Won’t feature today unless Lawell can fight off a zillion moths protecting the tin.

Sorry TD. I agree that Mbombo is not a left back but I think he is almost as useless in forward positions. More often than not a fast move will break down on the left when he has the ball. Watch him when he moves further up the park. He almost never wins a one on one which puts us under pressure when he inevitably loses the ball and if he is faced with resistance he will pass back or at best move the ball sideways.
Well bigman will ye give boli credit for today's performance? I know it's only one game,but he is gettin better.

Don't agree with those writing off Boli, he has flaws like all defenders and he is no old fashioned left back that's for sure, but he has stand out qualities for me that can be made good and work for Celtic.
Speed and he gives 100%, will never knock anyone who gives the latter.
A player might not be good enough but those like Ntcham and worse the likes of the joke toljan who did not give all every time, toljan jogging around and back as if he was learning the rules, no time for and inexcusable.

Did not think we needed another right back so did not look at the vids of Bauer, but his highlights do show a talent and reading more he can be a possible in midfield, so maybe he can prove to be a real star.
And something we have not had for a long time.

All looks like talent and speed and effort, that's all we want in any signing, but at 1:05 and again 1:14 now that is something we should utilize as that skill is something quite special and will scare any team.
If he starts we should go for it every time, catch the zombies by surprise from half way with a long throw to a Eddie on the run against slower defenders.

Only disappointment in perfect tactics and 100% effort by every player and sub, was Bauer never got a chance to launch one in from near the flag, his only throw from near the half way directly caused a zombie to give away a corner.

Lenny clearly learned, spotted the midfield had to be competed for, realized we could not be as open, that to do so would mean once again broony was effectively on his own.
Lenny must have seen that while the zombies are not the worst in midfield are not great either!
how they rely almost totally on the midfield, but they are weak behind and not so great in front are these sevco zombies.

Maybe a word out to Peter Houston as he is our opposition pre match analyst.

Man Of The Match

Hatem Abd Elhamed, who looked like he owns that shirt for years, loved the highlights of this player before he kicked a ball, and he has all the vital skills and sports traits a Celtic player needs to be.

elhamed.JPG

but so many close, Julien also looked every inch the defensive giant in his highlights.
The great wall helps any defender, I like Gordon also, Bain was never first team quality as not tall enough.
Delighted for Boli played really well never shirked 100%

Only disappointment in perfect tactics and 100% effort by every player and sub, was Bauer never got a chance to launch one in from near the flag, his only throw from near the half way directly caused a zombie to give away a corner.

Lenny clearly learned, spotted the midfield had to be competed for, realized we could not be as open, that to do so would mean once again broony was effectively on his own.
Lenny must have seen that while the zombies are not the worst in midfield are not great either!
how they rely almost totally on the midfield, but they are weak behind and not so great in front are these sevco zombies.

Maybe a word out to Peter Houston as he is our opposition pre match analyst.

Man Of The Match

Hatem Abd Elhamed, who looked like he owns that shirt for years, loved the highlights of this player before he kicked a ball, and he has all the vital skills and sports traits a Celtic player needs to be.

View attachment 4208

but so many close, Julien also looked every inch the defensive giant in his highlights.
The great wall helps any defender, I like Gordon also, Bain was never first team quality as not tall enough.
Delighted for Boli played really well never shirked 100%
Brown was very good too as was ntcham when he came on, but finally we're actually praising our defence.

I think an important point to note after today's fantastic perfomance where Hatem, Jullien, Boli & Bauer all shone in their new Glasgow derby debuts is that every single one of them is an experienced pro who was able to slot into a makeshift defence. None of them were on our wishlists in the preseason and some have taken their time to settle but they did well.

A strategy of filling your squad wth mainly young inexperienced projects is risky so glad be bought some more mature players this window.

I think an important point to note after today's fantastic perfomance where Hatem, Jullien, Boli & Bauer all shone in their new Glasgow derby debuts is that every single one of them is an experienced pro who was able to slot into a makeshift defence. None of them were on our wishlists in the preseason and some have taken their time to settle but they did well.

A strategy of filling your squad wth mainly young inexperienced projects is risky so glad be bought some more mature players this window.

Amen to that BB. (y)

Potential will only thrive if there's experience there to guide and nurture it.

HH mate.

Brown was very good too as was ntcham when he came on, but finally we're actually praising our defence.

Yes Ntchams faults are not about ability, he has it all waiting there.

For me its the midfield that needed sorting more than defenders. Was not even dreaming it could get its act together so well for today.
Defenders like Boli like just Broony in midfield were too far apart and trying to cover too large an area, or were being left by others to do too much.
Today even those who aren't really up for the 50/50 challenges or red card challenges from the likes of joke jack and that ratfield, today all the Celtic team at the very least hassled at 100% never gave them a extra second on the ball.
RC does that every match, they all did it today, proving they can all be better, work more for each other.

Julien is one laid back big Frenchman, starting to wonder if too laid back, but he showed today he looks to eat any who try and take the pish.

The orcs are well miffed about the slippy ones comment's about players leaving will probably be the only business tomorrow as the transfer window closes.
I'm hoping we can get some business done to ram home our advantage after today. This would bring to an end a great couple of days to be a hoops fan, so come on Celtic, let's send a real message of intent to the zombies please.

I dont like quoting this as it appeared on the daily rectum online so there's an excellent chance of it being bollox. But in the last 2 hours they've claimed Wanyama's transfer to Brugge is off and Tootingham are looking to loan him out for a season, we're supposedly trying to sort out a deal over his rather large wages. As I said probably bollox but it would be nice ☺

Okay a quick round-up.

Possible INCOMING -

Greg Taylor, just about done and dusted as The Celtic Star been telling you for weeks or is it even months?

The Wanyama Window - first told you about this early last month. Victor wants to come home, he seems to be much less keen on a move to Brugge. Tottenham can't force him to go to Belgium so with a fair wind, and fingers crossed this one could just happen.

David Turnbull - it's more a matter of WHEN and not IF this happens, it's just about timing, Wait until January or get him in now and manage his recovery ourselves. Hopeful.

Scott McKenna - he's another one who is injured. But if Arsenal can spent £25m on a player who is injured surely we can take a chance if this is the guy Lenny wants, as appears to be the case.

Unlikely all four will happen before midnight. Top two would do fine and if we splash out to spread more feel good factor 67 around the place then all's going to be grand.

Possible OUTGOINGS -

We know that Jack Hendry and Calvin Miller could be going to Rugby Park as part of the poker game.
Hendry will have to be loaned out as he's on decent money and isn't giving that up to play on plastic.

Anthony Ralston has an admirer in Tommy Wright and that looks like a good loan move for him if it goes through.

Olivier Ntcham was outstanding yesterday. It would be some way to sign off in the Hoops if he gets his move. No-one will be unhappy if he stays and maybe he's mellowed now that he's back and enjoying his football again. Last season's sulk seems a distant memory now.

Scotty Sinclair - not in the manager's plans. On big money. Had his contract extended by the Pistol so that he'd attract a transfer fee but it's all gone a but Pete Tong for player, manager and CEO on this one. A solution needs to be found or it's going to be another Big Bobo situation. Another fine mess and all that.

Craig Gordon - his media comments before the game at Ibrox suggested that a) he knew that Fraser Forster was starting and b) in that instance he wanted to leave to ensure he can play games in the last year or two of his professional playing career. Which seems fair enough.

We seem to be getting linked with permanent signing of 18 year old Man City academy right back, Jeremie Frimpong. I don't know anything about him but I guess this is in the "one for the future" bracket.

Back