Transfer Rumours

Think you'd get better odds on him joining the huns BB.
It's how the agents and MSM play the game, talk of interest from one club, and an 'alert' to another, so that first club will pull the trigger on the deal
It's how fitba's been run for decades, to get players out and money into the selling club
Having said that, he might not be a bad 'stopgap signing' in the event of injuries throughout the season, if the price is right
HH

It's how the agents and MSM play the game, talk of interest from one club, and an 'alert' to another, so that first club will pull the trigger on the deal
It's how fitba's been run for decades, to get players out and money into the selling club
Having said that, he might not be a bad 'stopgap signing' in the event of injuries throughout the season, if the price is right
HH
Read that his current contract has been terminated by Chelsea so making Ross barkley a free agent as such.
For a player who had such a promising career ahead of himself to actually achieved a nothing of any note to date is how its panned out so far imo.
Wouldn't be short of money as already well made by now, so maybe a shot at the big time actually would appeal to him.
A place as a backup and competition for matt O'Reilly is still available within the squad by the looks of things, and if Ange has had his famous phone call now, maybe could be actually something in this after all.
Still remains a longshot imo even if I still believe that the position will be filled by Thursday night.

The Dylan Reid rumours are getting stronger again. Rather than buy him for the Lowland League B Team, it might be better to buy him and leave him at St Mirren on loan for the season. This way he gets to develop by getting 1st team action in the SPFL and we can slash a fair chunk off of the transfer fee too? We did this with Ryan Christie when we bought him from ICT. Possibly worth considering.

The Dylan Reid rumours are getting stronger again. Rather than buy him for the Lowland League B Team, it might be better to buy him and leave him at St Mirren on loan for the season. This way he gets to develop by getting 1st team action in the SPFL and we can slash a fair chunk off of the transfer fee too? We did this with Ryan Christie when we bought him from ICT. Possibly worth considering.
Im sure his gerbil headed manager will do all he can to scuper the deal ,if we buy him then it's better to take him away from St mirren fj doing them favours .mind this is the club who asked there support to pay more per ticket to keep us out

Im sure his gerbil headed manager will do all he can to scuper the deal ,if we buy him then it's better to take him away from St mirren fj doing them favours .mind this is the club who asked there support to pay more per ticket to keep us out
It wasn't so much about doing them favours but about him developing more playing first team football for a season so we get a better player. I suspect if he remains a St Mirren player that then he will go for a decent fee in the next year or so as he has a lot of potential. If we have already have him signed up now and he joined us later then it would be a much cheaper option for us.

It wasn't so much about doing them favours but about him developing more playing first team football for a season so we get a better player. I suspect if he remains a St Mirren player that then he will go for a decent fee in the next year or so as he has a lot of potential. If we have already have him signed up now and he joined us later then it would be a much cheaper option for us.
Still think that the potential transfer of the St mirren lad could well have something in regards of planning for this 8 homegrown players within a European squad also.
Currently with the futures of MJ and McCarthy far from certain and couldn't depend on them being around for any great deal of time either, then we are starting to look short for making up the 8 required for european competition in future.

If celtic do buy him then leaving him at mirren is not advised as it has taken bad advise to bring it back on the table.
Now draw......
Only a cowboy would leave an ill advised person with there ill advised indian, famous quote ...

Colonal ambrosia..

Don’t really understand this. Why do we think Reid is any better a prospect than Moffat? I see no point in bringing the boy Reid onboard just to elbow him in a couple of years because he didn’t measure up.
How many of the ‘wonderkids’ have we brought in over the past few seasons just to get rid of them without them ever really getting a chance? If I’m honest I would advise the boy not to join us. In fact I’m not sure why we even bother with a youth development program. How many in the team have come through that way? CMG, JF, AR and SW seems like a poor return for what this must cost us.

Don’t really understand this. Why do we think Reid is any better a prospect than Moffat? I see no point in bringing the boy Reid onboard just to elbow him in a couple of years because he didn’t measure up.
How many of the ‘wonderkids’ have we brought in over the past few seasons just to get rid of them without them ever really getting a chance? If I’m honest I would advise the boy not to join us. In fact I’m not sure why we even bother with a youth development program. How many in the team have come through that way? CMG, JF, AR and SW seems like a poor return for what this must cost us.
Again BB we go full circle upon the issue regarding youth development.
Already we can claim to have a very decent squad of 22 with 2 players for each position in the formation as it stands at the moment, and I'm leaving Forrest out of the 22 on purpose for explanation reasons.
Out of that 22, only 5 are from a Scottish requirement for european football and should also feature for the domestic games also.
Hence Forrest, bain, MJ and McCarthy making up numbers with Forrest as the most useful of the 4 to ourselves for making up a squad, so therefore a claim of 6 Scottish influence out of 23, bain makes it 24 with having to have 3 keepers.
So in reality only 1 place available and yet MJ and McCarthy could well be moved on by tomorrow still.
The game has changed with the 5 sub rule now in place so 16 players used on a matchday, include the 2 keepers who you wouldn't want to have to use, and suddenly the numbers aren't looking so great if injuries start to ever become a factor.
We have set a standard this season now, with the players we have currently and happy enough in general with that standard that has been achieved, and the expectations in the future will be that the standard remains at least the same yet there will be calls for the standard to actually improve also.
With the eye starting to come upon the Scottish game in general, bargains can be got, especially with no development process within Scottish football as far better career opportunities lay elsewhere still, and even for our Scottish players currently within the squad the financial rewards elsewhere could also be huge for them also, especially with them being in the shop window moreso with CL football on offer.
Not a problem for ourselves this season as such, but still holds all the potential of becoming a potential disaster for ourselves if continuing to be left unaddressed imo.
As you pointed out BB our returns haven't been great with Scottish players as such, yet far better than the scum have provided, yet far from secure in been able to keep the conveyer belt moving still, especially one to our liking as such, and with all the potential of the conveyer belt stopping altogether, with nothing in place for young players development within Scottish football still.
The problem exists and needs to be addressed very quickly and a solution found also as the current situation that exists is unacceptable imo any longer.

Back