Transfer Rumours

3 Derby games to play and now we have more players who will be able to open up tight defenses I can only see us goin on an winning run......beating hibs and sevco first 2 games back will set us up lovely for the run in we have done well in a sense to only be 6 behind when u consider were we were in the summer this second half of the season is gonny be good for us I feel HH

Hibs will be a tough nut to crack under Maloney and I can see them having a big say in this year's championship

Does this match up mate with what you thought or is it even worse than you thought.

HH
First time I've watched that GS and still doesn't cover the point I'm trying to make, and yes there is potentially 40M on offer from CL, yet it doesn't cover what has been earned so far from this year's European competition, hence you get a better and more realistic figure about how much extra revenue is on offer to the winners of the Scottish league.
Of course this is a huge potential lifeline for the scum but still wouldn't get them out of the overall current debt they are in currently imo.
There shit scared cause when we do win the league we will become even stronger financially, with a settled squad and plenty of room to reinvest to maintain and grow in strength still, and they have fuck all chance of being able to keep pace with us, no matter how much dirt money the DUP keep throwing at there existing huge problem.
Remember that they have already gained 9M in sales yet still needed another 1.3M in December to keep the lights on. Yet had to get an American on loan for 18 months cause they can't afford to buy him still, and hardly going to be a player that would warrant a big transfer fee. So just on recent activity at the shithole they still remain financially fucked still, and yet looking at trying to rebuild again in the summer with shirt buttons to work with.
It still remains as only a matter of time before the whole shitshow collapses again around them yet again, but our main focus has to be upon what we do as a club and remember after the invincible season, we stepped back to let the scum try to catch up, even handing them there first trophy still, the likes can never be allowed to happen again, yet the longer they can stick around for us to continue to inflict as much pain as possible upon the scum, then I'm all for that, big time.

Dont they have to pay back the Scot Gov loan out of that as well?

Thought the deal was if they had money coming in it had to be paid back.

They have 20 years to pay back the loan in instalments I believe.....and they also have to provide quarterly financial statements to the Scottish governmaent as part of the deal.....as do all who took the government loan.

Celtic were the only Club to decline to take a loan...

Hibs will be a tough nut to crack under Maloney and I can see them having a big say in this year's championship
Totally agree Docco and fully expect hibs now to higher the standard of football currently being played within the SPFL.
Can only be good news for the good of Scottish football in the long run and hoping your idol broony gets the chance to do the same with the sheep also.

They have 20 years to pay back the loan in instalments I believe.....and they also have to provide quarterly financial statements to the Scottish governmaent as part of the deal.....as do all who took the government loan.

Celtic were the only Club to decline to take a loan...
That's exactly how I believed such a deal was done Imatim, yet it opens up a whole new can of worms as to weather they are still paying there taxes due, with the eye of the Scottish government upon them now?

First time I've watched that GS and still doesn't cover the point I'm trying to make, and yes there is potentially 40M on offer from CL, yet it doesn't cover what has been earned so far from this year's European competition, hence you get a better and more realistic figure about how much extra revenue is on offer to the winners of the Scottish league.
Of course this is a huge potential lifeline for the scum but still wouldn't get them out of the overall current debt they are in currently imo.
There shit scared cause when we do win the league we will become even stronger financially, with a settled squad and plenty of room to reinvest to maintain and grow in strength still, and they have fuck all chance of being able to keep pace with us, no matter how much dirt money the DUP keep throwing at there existing huge problem.
Remember that they have already gained 9M in sales yet still needed another 1.3M in December to keep the lights on. Yet had to get an American on loan for 18 months cause they can't afford to buy him still, and hardly going to be a player that would warrant a big transfer fee. So just on recent activity at the shithole they still remain financially fucked still, and yet looking at trying to rebuild again in the summer with shirt buttons to work with.
It still remains as only a matter of time before the whole shitshow collapses again around them yet again, but our main focus has to be upon what we do as a club and remember after the invincible season, we stepped back to let the scum try to catch up, even handing them there first trophy still, the likes can never be allowed to happen again, yet the longer they can stick around for us to continue to inflict as much pain as possible upon the scum, then I'm all for that, big time.
Us getting the champs league money will do more for us in the sense we are well run and on a good financial footing it will help ange really build a really strong squad for a good euro run but if they were to gain the money🤢🤢 then it will disappear down a black hole of just trying to finally stabilise the club basically keeping them on the same level they're at its not gonny all of a sudden boost them so much where they will be a force again of course it will help them bit not on the levels the klan are hoping

Us getting the champs league money will do more for us in the sense we are well run and on a good financial footing it will help ange really build a really strong squad for a good euro run but if they were to gain the money🤢🤢 then it will disappear down a black hole of just trying to finally stabilise the club basically keeping them on the same level they're at its not gonny all of a sudden boost them so much where they will be a force again of course it will help them bit not on the levels the klan are hoping
In terms of financial wealth cairnsybhoy, the scum still remain years behind us still, and even more so in what Ange has created already in just 6 months.
Could never have visioned such a massive turnaround in such a short space of time either.
Imatim revolution is well and truly under way within Scottish football, and also being helped with us now prepared to offload promising youngsters to help out and improve other SPFL teams also, and yet they can't have any impact upon us, as they won't be eligible to play against us this season, but the scum now have more to worry about in the potential making.
I've longed been saying that the potential for our youngsters in Scottish football has been held back by the diddy clubs voting against us running a 2nd team to allow a fairer progression for the younger player to succeed in his career with us.
So if this is the clubs way of retaliation to such a ridiculous stance then I'm all for it, especially when the difference is so huge between lowland league and SPFL and nothing in between.
We do create young players worthy of SPFL standards for years now and yet there opportunity's remain limited still and even more so with the quality of players Ange is bringing into the club currently.
So sadly Henderson looks at present a long way short still of making the standard Ange is aiming for, yet I do rate Henderson as a worthy SPFL player and a great opportunity for the young man to reach and forward his potential career and wish him all the best at hibs still.

I understand everything you say John but given the choice I am taking the £40m route,it is a shorter route and pays more than the UEFA cup route but this is where we agree to disagree.
My problem John is I look at everything which can go wrong even at 70 I do the same thing I have done all my life,where as you look at the same thing and cannot see that league flag flying anywhere but Parkhead,your faith is feckin amazing my friend,I sincerely hope at the end of the season mate you get what your faith deserves,I dont know anybody who wants it more.

HH.

I understand everything you say John but given the choice I am taking the £40m route,it is a shorter route and pays more than the UEFA cup route but this is where we agree to disagree.
My problem John is I look at everything which can go wrong even at 70 I do the same thing I have done all my life,where as you look at the same thing and cannot see that league flag flying anywhere but Parkhead,your faith is feckin amazing my friend,I sincerely hope at the end of the season mate you get what your faith deserves,I dont know anybody who wants it more.

HH.
Don't worry GS, I know negative outlook to well and had to learn a very hard way to see positive thinking and Ange has certainly provided that for myself, especially after the one we had to endure last season.
Yes I do agree that the prize of the CL can't be ignored, but more interested in being there with a football team worthy of competing in the competition than just looking at it as financial gain to the club.
So I really do believe Ange is well on course to creating that, and one that will amaze the whole of European football at the quality created by the cost it actually was done at.
I strongly believe we are in for one of the best times ahead for us celtic supporters, one I never imagined 6 months ago, so enjoying most of it to date and believe even more enjoyable times are ahead again for us all.
Also realise the higher the climb then harder the fall, but we are still in the early days of what Ange is hoping to achieve for the club and fully behind his vision and if one man is capable of hitting his targets then you'll go a long way to find better than Ange imo, and all this from someone who was very sceptical about his appointment in the first place.

Don't worry GS, I know negative outlook to well and had to learn a very hard way to see positive thinking and Ange has certainly provided that for myself, especially after the one we had to endure last season.
Yes I do agree that the prize of the CL can't be ignored, but more interested in being there with a football team worthy of competing in the competition than just looking at it as financial gain to the club.
So I really do believe Ange is well on course to creating that, and one that will amaze the whole of European football at the quality created by the cost it actually was done at.
I strongly believe we are in for one of the best times ahead for us celtic supporters, one I never imagined 6 months ago, so enjoying most of it to date and believe even more enjoyable times are ahead again for us all.
Also realise the higher the climb then harder the fall, but we are still in the early days of what Ange is hoping to achieve for the club and fully behind his vision and if one man is capable of hitting his targets then you'll go a long way to find better than Ange imo, and all this from someone who was very sceptical about his appointment in the first place.
I've been saying this for wee while we at the moment are a europa league level team if we are honest about it yes of course getting to the champs league is always gonny be the aim but I think we can have a real dash at the europa with ange leading us so get to the champs league groups finish a respectable 3rd drop into the europa and try and get last 8/4 from there anything can happen couple of years of that will set us up nicely aswell

I've been saying this for wee while we at the moment are a europa league level team if we are honest about it yes of course getting to the champs league is always gonny be the aim but I think we can have a real dash at the europa with ange leading us so get to the champs league groups finish a respectable 3rd drop into the europa and try and get last 8/4 from there anything can happen couple of years of that will set us up nicely aswell
Exactly the same vision I would have for next season cairnsybhoy, but beforehand we just need to keep our focus upon on jewels to be gained this season still

Europa league level is really the same level as most other European clubs now big clubs at that who dont have the opportunities afforded to them by sky or an Arabian nation. I've never been a fan anyway of the 3rd placed side from a group of 4 teams in a champions league group dropping into the Europa league , always thought it devalues the Europa league. If you're not in the top 2 you should be out ( unless its us 😛) not too long ago the Europa league was considered a failure for us but 10 years or so later it's an achievement just reaching its ko stages. I would quite happily see the likes of the manchester clubs, Juventus, PSG real Madrid etc breakaway and have their super league these clubs are so far away from the rest financially it's a joke €200 million a player in neymar and now Newcastle are the richest club on the planet 10 times more dosh than anyone else and still havent hired Mourinho yet , was reading that hes earned over £100 million from Chelsea, man United, real Madrid ,spurs and that's for getting the sack fs winning is a losers game 😂

I hope this Martin Boyle nonsense is just that.

I'm not one for deflating the values of Scottish-based players, but in a world where a 22-year-old Jota can be bought for £6.5m, 26-year-old Kyogo for £4.6m and 24-year-old Maeda for £1.7m, a Martin Boyle of any age (certainly not 29) is never worth £3m.

I wouldn't take him for free. Let him stay at Hibs so he can help beat the Zombies.

Maybe we should have a "quotes thread
Tommy Docherty had some crackers back in the day
One of which was "Someone mentioned that Amoruso reminded him of Billy McNeill, but I don't remember Billy McNeill being crap"
Tommy is a Legend

HH
I think there was one from The Doc about Jinky along the lines of "When we trained with Scotland we had to use two footballs because no-one could get the ball off Jinky." There was definitely one about Ron Atkinson: "The last time I saw Ron Atkinson, he was covered in love bites... all self-inflicted."

Back