Transfer Rumours

Getting the right players in is a very difficult job these days For instance, as you both rightly say, we need at least one full back. Chelsea have just paid £58m for one who they immediately loaned back to Dortmund That’s at top end of the scale but Bournemouth have just replaced their old reserve striker Defoe with a £19m buy. Obviously these type of sums inflate the whole market even for players coming from, say, Rosenberg so Celtic have to seek out up and coming players with the talent to blossom This is a very difficult task and there are bound to be as many failures as successes They’ve done ok over the years with Wanyama, Van Dyck etc but it’s not easy We all know the problem areas but immediate fixes would mean spending amounts that would put the club’s survival at risk

This is spot on - it’s ridiculous money these days for far less quality. The sad part is, English teams paying so much for ‘potential’ and farming them out in loan their whole career is also killing any youth prospects. I have no doubt so much talent has been wasted with this practice.

This is spot on - it’s ridiculous money these days for far less quality. The sad part is, English teams paying so much for ‘potential’ and farming them out in loan their whole career is also killing any youth prospects. I have no doubt so much talent has been wasted with this practice.
Its not football at this end its a competition to outspend and accumulate with no concern for tradional tournaments, only the lucrative money making tournaments are fought for, if we really want the game back, we have to boycott advertised products, subscriptions to tv companies and give up gambling, aint gonna happen.

Getting the right players in is a very difficult job these days For instance, as you both rightly say, we need at least one full back. Chelsea have just paid £58m for one who they immediately loaned back to Dortmund That’s at top end of the scale but Bournemouth have just replaced their old reserve striker Defoe with a £19m buy. Obviously these type of sums inflate the whole market even for players coming from, say, Rosenberg so Celtic have to seek out up and coming players with the talent to blossom This is a very difficult task and there are bound to be as many failures as successes They’ve done ok over the years with Wanyama, Van Dyck etc but it’s not easy We all know the problem areas but immediate fixes would mean spending amounts that would put the club’s survival at risk

Agree entirely,that is the prob ,stupid money asked for players no longer in the mix,and many looking to further their pensions,etc,BR I think is going the right way about it, although I think we could maybe do with a’known’ name,but at what price,do not want an overinflated player who will do sod all for us,young is good ,the talent of players now has increased dramatically in the past years,so maybe we will find a few who can do the job required,hh

One of the biggest issues with our team right now and in essence our overall transfer policy is our over-reliance on 'potential' and 'young up and coming players'. That over-reliance has created a detrimental imbalance in both our starting 11 and the squad as a whole. We've become top-heavy with young talent but lack the invaluable experience that comes with signing seasoned pros and it's this that has led to the single biggest problem we face as a team, naivety and inconsistency.

There have been times both domestically and on the European stage that we've shown a terrifying inability to deal with pressure, a sense of utter panic seems to spread throughout the entire team to the point where the basics look beyond our capabilities and without older more experienced heads to weather the storm and guide those young players through the naivety of a team over-reliant on relatively young players has been all to apparent. Then there's the games where we've played some nice football but lacked the ability to land the killer blow and others where we've needed to grind out a result but have collapsed late on, again most of the time this stems from a lack of experience by either failing to recognise that what you've been doing for 80+mins ain't working and you need to change tack or by failing to recognise there are times when the need to dig in to secure the 3 points is more important than continuously bombing forward and leaving yourself exposed at the back. Sure a manager can relay instructions from the sidelines but that's no substitute for having players out there on the pitch with the experience and the know how to make it happen.

I'm far from against signing 'potential' or 'up and coming young players' as they can bring an enthusiasm, pace and fearlessness to the team that can terrify opponents but a balance has got to be struck and what the team needs right now is a few seasoned pros with the experience of being able to read the game the way young players can't and those players don't always have to be some EPL veteran on ridiculous wages or a 'known name'. There are plenty of efficient and competent players plying their trade throughout the leagues of Europe with the experience and know how we desperately need we just have to be willing to go out and sign them.

And therein lies the problem with our club's transfer policy, any significant signing we make has to fit the criteria, potentially gifted youngsters with a sell-on value so that we either profit from or at the very least recoup the money we spent on them because the myopic and blinkered view of our board only sees value for money in signing players with the potential to return a sizeable transfer fee when they leave instead of seeing the value of what the team could achieve if we added the older more experienced pros we actually need.

HH Lhads (y)

Who ever give these wage theives contracts needs to be sacked!!!!!! I am not sure if its Lawell, Rogers or the Con man but Celtic cant afford so many players that dont contribute anything to the club except take money out.The players include KOUASSI/BENYU/ALLEN/MULUMBU/COMPPER/HENDRY/DA VRIES/BITTON/HAYES. They are taking a conservative £150,000 per week in wages out of our club.If their wages was coming out of Lawell or Rogers bonus they wouldn't be long in moving them out.Thats £600,000 per month.Its time someone took responsibility for this. I suppose that the players or there agents cant be blamed. They just take the money and run. Who is responsible for this disasterous waste of Celtic and their supporters money ??????

Who ever give these wage theives contracts needs to be sacked!!!!!! I am not sure if its Lawell, Rogers or the Con man but Celtic cant afford so many players that dont contribute anything to the club except take money out.The players include KOUASSI/BENYU/ALLEN/MULUMBU/COMPPER/HENDRY/DA VRIES/BITTON/HAYES. They are taking a conservative £150,000 per week in wages out of our club.If their wages was coming out of Lawell or Rogers bonus they wouldn't be long in moving them out.Thats £600,000 per month. Over£7,000,000 per year if these guys have two year contracts its over £14,000,000 thats right fourteen million pounds Its time someone took responsibility for this. I suppose that the players or there agents cant be blamed. They just take the money and run. Who is responsible for this disasterous waste of Celtic and their supporters money ??????

Who ever give these wage theives contracts needs to be sacked!!!!!! I am not sure if its Lawell, Rogers or the Con man but Celtic cant afford so many players that dont contribute anything to the club except take money out.The players include KOUASSI/BENYU/ALLEN/MULUMBU/COMPPER/HENDRY/DA VRIES/BITTON/HAYES. They are taking a conservative £150,000 per week in wages out of our club.If their wages was coming out of Lawell or Rogers bonus they wouldn't be long in moving them out.Thats £600,000 per month.Its time someone took responsibility for this. I suppose that the players or there agents cant be blamed. They just take the money and run. Who is responsible for this disasterous waste of Celtic and their supporters money ??????

Think both BR, Lawell/the board bear varying degrees of responsibility for us having a squad full of duds who never play draining a wage. BR signed them but Lawell and the board set the transfer budget that dictates the market he can recruit from.

Can't blame BR for Bitton or Allan Derry Bhoy as they were Lenny and Ronny signings but the same logic applies.

HH mate.

Think both BR, Lawell/the board bear varying degrees of responsibility for us having a squad full of duds who never play draining a wage. BR signed them but Lawell and the board set the transfer budget that dictates the market he can recruit from.

Can't blame BR for Bitton or Allan Derry Bhoy as they were Lenny and Ronny signings but the same logic applies.

HH mate.

Both to blame as you say but the weakest point of BR reign so far has been his recruitment within said budget. I know it can be difficult but the extent these guys haven’t even made a run in the team after being signed tells us something.

Both to blame as you say but the weakest point of BR reign so far has been his recruitment within said budget. I know it can be difficult but the extent these guys haven’t even made a run in the team after being signed tells us something.

It tells us in 6 out of ten signings Rogers makes an arse of it, he’s either not getting backed enough with cash, or he believes his own hype a bit too much.

Weah has joined, says 6 months. I thought it was 18.

You'll get no arguments from me on that one mate, fed up seeing players sign then disappear without a trace but there's some truth in the argument that if you're given peanuts as currency then monkeys inevitably follow.

HH.

Its not football at this end its a competition to outspend and accumulate with no concern for tradional tournaments, only the lucrative money making tournaments are fought for, if we really want the game back, we have to boycott advertised products, subscriptions to tv companies and give up gambling, aint gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

You think? :)

Guy in work just told me Jordan Rhodes to Celtic .Anybody heard anything?

I just heard a guy in your work told you Jordan Rhodes was coming.

It would probably be easier listing players who aren’t coming.
If Celtic signed Messi you would still find something negative to say lol

If Celtic signed Messi you would still find something negative to say lol

Why would I find something negative to say about quality and class? Will I ever tug my forelock when we sign projects and duds? Never.

It’s not negativity, it’s the fucking truth. Giving mediocrity a free run to get behind the team is a scandal.

They do their job then they get no flak. They continue to derail us and they get both barrels. Every fucking time.

Members online

Latest posts

Back