Transfer Rumours

Gutman might well be a player as well, he's certainly rated in the States. Did see a brilliant chip goal from edge of the box, but can't find it again. He looks like he needs some time, but Perez looks like he could start now.
Then again neither have played in a thugs freedom league, yet, we'll see if they have the heart for being clattered a few times as the ref waves play on, or booked for it by the likes of beaton

Yep Perez looks ready now ... also looking forward to seeing Bayo flying past the Old Boys Union

He does look like he could prove a player, he has the physical build to be a real handful and a proper header option we have not had for a while.
Looks like he has been playing in a lower quality of league, definitely much less expectant fans that he was playing for, but he was showing up for a physical presence and skills that any defence would have problems with.
Highlights suggest he does have something about him to be a big future name.

Glad we got Toljan to fill in on both flanks. We need some strengthening on the right and depth on the left. And while I love the signings of Gutman and Perez, neither of those guys was going to make a difference this season.

Perez is still very raw, but he’s got enough talent to make it at Celtic IMO. He needs some development, and I suspect he’ll go out on loan (in Scotland or England) once his work visa is sorted out. But there’s a player there, and he’s been capped by the national age group teams.

Gutman on the other hand faces long odds of ever becoming a player. He’s 22 years old and has just been awarded the Hermann trophy for the best college player in america this season. Past winners can be found here. As you can see, it’s a who’s who of guys that never really made it at any level of professional football, at least since 1994 when the MLS was formed (prior to that, Amercia’s best talent did actually play in university and the award was more meaningful). Essentially, Gutman was given an award for being the smartest kid on the short bus. And to make matters not much better, the MLS team that drafted him only offered him the league minimum wage on a 2 year contract. That’s according to American publication The Athletic. And it’s noteworty because league minimum is around £850/week. In short, it’s a good thing this kid has a college degree because it’s unlikely he’ll ever make it big time in football.

Now if we could only find a couple CB’s between now and when qualifiers begin in July...

Glad we got Toljan to fill in on both flanks. We need some strengthening on the right and depth on the left. And while I love the signings of Gutman and Perez, neither of those guys was going to make a difference this season.

Perez is still very raw, but he’s got enough talent to make it at Celtic IMO. He needs some development, and I suspect he’ll go out on loan (in Scotland or England) once his work visa is sorted out. But there’s a player there, and he’s been capped by the national age group teams.

Gutman on the other hand faces long odds of ever becoming a player. He’s 22 years old and has just been awarded the Hermann trophy for the best college player in america this season. Past winners can be found here. As you can see, it’s a who’s who of guys that never really made it at any level of professional football, at least since 1994 when the MLS was formed (prior to that, Amercia’s best talent did actually play in university and the award was more meaningful). Essentially, Gutman was given an award for being the smartest kid on the short bus. And to make matters not much better, the MLS team that drafted him only offered him the league minimum wage on a 2 year contract. That’s according to American publication The Athletic. And it’s noteworty because league minimum is around £850/week. In short, it’s a good thing this kid has a college degree because it’s unlikely he’ll ever make it big time in football.

Now if we could only find a couple CB’s between now and when qualifiers begin in July...

It is a punt, no doubt about that. And as our punting has as yet to provide anyone who has made it to the first team, I hope at least one of these young guys make it.

I thought both looked to have something about them, but, it’s the old YouTube clip thing. We could probably look half decent, well I could :) and it’s just a matter of waiting and seeing. I’m hoping the law of averages puts a kook in, as, up until now at least, not one of our “projects”, has proved to be justified and it makes you wonder if our coaches rely on YouTube clips too. The fact we had both young guys in at training means we thought they were good enough to offer contracts to.

Finding a project that works is a bit like trying to find the holy grail. And maybe that’s the problem, the holy grail doesn’t exist and maybe realising that will stop us taking so many who cost valuable resources where the combined money wasted could be invested in one or two actual players who can improve us.

I can’t think of one project who has made it, but wouldn’t be delighted if anybody can to show that it has worked ever with us.

Is there one signed in the last three years who gets a look in?

It is a punt, no doubt about that. And as our punting has as yet to provide anyone who has made it to the first team, I hope at least one of these young guys make it.

I thought both looked to have something about them, but, it’s the old YouTube clip thing. We could probably look half decent, well I could :) and it’s just a matter of waiting and seeing. I’m hoping the law of averages puts a kook in, as, up until now at least, not one of our “projects”, has proved to be justified and it makes you wonder if our coaches rely on YouTube clips too. The fact we had both young guys in at training means we thought they were good enough to offer contracts to.

Finding a project that works is a bit like trying to find the holy grail. And maybe that’s the problem, the holy grail doesn’t exist and maybe realising that will stop us taking so many who cost valuable resources where the combined money wasted could be invested in one or two actual players who can improve us.

I can’t think of one project who has made it, but wouldn’t be delighted if anybody can to show that it has worked ever with us.

Is there one signed in the last three years who gets a look in?

I suppose Tom Rogic doesn't count then?

I suppose Tom Rogic doesn't count then?

Yes he does, but he came before the three year I asked about. Or did he come after I thought? Don’t think so.

So, can you name one from the time period I mentioned? Or can you just not help yourself trying to be a smart arse. Give me a name from the last three years? If you can I will be delighted.

Yes he does, but he came before the three year I asked about. Or did he come after I thought? Don’t think so.

So, can you name one from the time period I mentioned? Or can you just not help yourself trying to be a smart arse. Give me a name from the last three years? If you can I will be delighted.

No you won't.

You are one miserable, moaning, boring, repetitive, individual. I doubt if there is one ounce of joy in your life.

If you had one original thought in your head it would be destined to be an orphan.

You are totally consumed by negativity when it comes to Celtic and you are bordering on the......hmmm perhaps another time.

No you won't.

You are one miserable, moaning, boring, repetitive, individual. I doubt if there is one ounce of joy in your life.

If you had one original thought in your head it would be destined to be an orphan.

You are totally consumed by negativity when it comes to Celtic and you are bordering on the......hmmm perhaps another time.

Dont hold back pal, just say how you feel. ???

No you won't.

Gotta say pal,i agree with you 100%. He is like bad grandpa.

No you won't.

Ffs! You calling anyone boring is more of a laugh than that flat earth cunt. You need to re read the crap you post mate. And you really need to change the record with your hun Shite. Your a Fucking fascist, imatotalitariantim. If you don’t confirm to your way of thinking you’re not a Tim.

Take a day aff you sanctimonious cunt.

Ffs! You calling anyone boring is more of a laugh than that flat earth cunt. You need to re read the crap you post mate. And you really need to change the record with your hun Shite. Your a Fucking fascist, imatotalitariantim. If you don’t confirm to your way of thinking you’re not a Tim.

???

It was the reference to joy that did it.....right? ?

Members online

Latest posts

Back