transfer window

With AJ injured again and now Ralston apparently missing the trip to Japan through injury, will we go out to buy a right back? I'm not convinced Ben McPherson is ready to step up yet and Hatate slotting in there again as cover is not ideal.
I mentioned it last week BB ....another right back or versatile defender required.
Not convinced CCV will be ready for kick off either ...could be a bit of a stretch in the first month of the season for sure.

Big bit in the daily rancid about el buffalo 'world class free agent' , aye that 50 million pound striker (value not weight) keeping his options open 🤣🤣🤣🤣 before moving to another club ,man city , barca and the others playing the waiting game then?🤣🤣🤣
If you take the letters from 'man city , barca' and throw some away you get 'man bra' which is quite fitting for El Duffalo; unless he's gone up a cup size since the season ended.

Stephen McGowan
JULY 19, 2023
Celtic winger Liel Abada has been added to big-spending Fenerbahce’s list of summer targets.

The 21-year-old Israeli international played from the start for Brendan Rodgers’ side in a rollercoaster 6-4 defeat to Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan on Wednesday. And Turkish giants Fenerbahce want to make him their second signing from the Scottish Premiership having already snapped up Ryan Kent from Rangers.

The Parkhead club have already sold Portuguese winger Jota to Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia for £25million. Abada, who is under contract until 2026, would command a fee in excess of £10m.

In addition to Kent, Fenerbahce have brought in Edin Dzeko and Dusan Tadic this summer, but they face an uphill struggle to persuade Abada that his future lies in the Turkish Super Lig. Signed for £3.5m from Maccabi Petah Tikva in 2021, Abada has attracted interest from clubs around Europe.

Celtic manager Rodgers has strengthened his squad by signing Australian winger Marco Tilio. South Korean winger Yang Hyun-jun, meanwhile, has landed in the UK to complete his £2.1m move from Gangwon, with compatriot Kwon Hyeok-kyu tying up loose ends before the midfielder following suit.

A central defender remains a priority and former Chelsea youth player Xavier Mbuyamba is high on a list of targets.

The 21-year-old Dutchman is expected to leave current club Volendam this summer, and Celtic face competition for his signature.

Stephen McGowan
JULY 19, 2023
Celtic winger Liel Abada has been added to big-spending Fenerbahce’s list of summer targets.

The 21-year-old Israeli international played from the start for Brendan Rodgers’ side in a rollercoaster 6-4 defeat to Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan on Wednesday. And Turkish giants Fenerbahce want to make him their second signing from the Scottish Premiership having already snapped up Ryan Kent from Rangers.

The Parkhead club have already sold Portuguese winger Jota to Al-Ittihad in Saudi Arabia for £25million. Abada, who is under contract until 2026, would command a fee in excess of £10m.

In addition to Kent, Fenerbahce have brought in Edin Dzeko and Dusan Tadic this summer, but they face an uphill struggle to persuade Abada that his future lies in the Turkish Super Lig. Signed for £3.5m from Maccabi Petah Tikva in 2021, Abada has attracted interest from clubs around Europe.

Celtic manager Rodgers has strengthened his squad by signing Australian winger Marco Tilio. South Korean winger Yang Hyun-jun, meanwhile, has landed in the UK to complete his £2.1m move from Gangwon, with compatriot Kwon Hyeok-kyu tying up loose ends before the midfielder following suit.

A central defender remains a priority and former Chelsea youth player Xavier Mbuyamba is high on a list of targets.

The 21-year-old Dutchman is expected to leave current club Volendam this summer, and Celtic face competition for his signature.
Abada showed today that he can be an important player for us this season. I guess this is why we are being linked with the Brazilian winger as well despite Jun flying in tonight from Korea.

It would be a shame, but I would hope to bag much more than just £10m for Abada.

We really need another CCV type CB to strengthen our defence. I hope we tie up a suitable high quality player sooner rather than later so they are bedded in before we start our European campaign.

Abada showed today that he can be an important player for us this season. I guess this is why we are being linked with the Brazilian winger as well despite Jun flying in tonight from Korea.

It would be a shame, but I would hope to bag much more than just £10m for Abada.

We really need another CCV type CB to strengthen our defence. I hope we tie up a suitable high quality player sooner rather than later so they are bedded in before we start our European campaign.
Thank fuck we arent involved in the qualifiers as they have started this week, we're no ready yet,

I don't want to lose Abada BB but alas he would for me be for me the most likely to also leave in this window as clearly not signing an extension suggests he wants to go and given the squad wingers we have already signed it looks like that could happen.

However we should be looking for at least 15 million for him as his goals and assists for his minutes on the park are very impressive and he would be a big miss imo.

But again I would emphasise in terms of any other departures Hatate cannot be allowed to leave as that would be a set back too much.
He is the key contract that needs to be extended and would only strengthen his sale value.
I really think this next week has to see us show our hand and get some quality in to allow for some proper preparation for the season ahead.

But again I would emphasise in terms of any other departures Hatate cannot be allowed to leave as that would be a set back too much.
He is the key contract that needs to be extended and would only strengthen his sale value.
I really think this next week has to see us show our hand and get some quality in to allow for some proper preparation for the season ahead.
I agree - Hatate gives us an extra dimension when he is on form (which is a lot of the time). Like I said about Jota last summer, let's enjoy Reo while we have him as I suspect that he will be poached by a richer club than us in the next year or so.

Getting these players tied down to longer contracts only really means we receive a higher transfer fee as compensation when they leave us (plus they enjoy a higher wage), as quite simply every player is available for the right price.

This is simply a fact and it applies to every club - even Barca, PSG, Man City, etc, will sell their players if the offer is high enough. Sadly, Scottish clubs are nearer the bottom of the ladder due to the crap tv deals our administrators negotiate and sign off on.

https://twitter.com/golaszewski_p
Paweł Gołaszewski

@golaszewski_p

Do gry o Maika Nawrockiego oprócz Galatasaray wszedł tez Celtic Glasgow. Wyglada na to, ze to już naprawdę ostatnie dni obrońcy w Legii Warszawa

Translated from Polish
Apart from Galatasaray, Celtic Glasgow entered the game for Maik Nawrocki. It seems that these are really the last days of the defender in Legia Warsaw

22 y.o. German born Polish centre half

12:15 pm · 20 Jul 2023

https://twitter.com/golaszewski_p
Paweł Gołaszewski
@golaszewski_p

Do gry o Maika Nawrockiego oprócz Galatasaray wszedł tez Celtic Glasgow. Wyglada na to, ze to już naprawdę ostatnie dni obrońcy w Legii Warszawa

Translated from Polish
Apart from Galatasaray, Celtic Glasgow entered the game for Maik Nawrocki. It seems that these are really the last days of the defender in Legia Warsaw

22 y.o. German born Polish centre half

12:15 pm · 20 Jul 2023
For those that like YouTube videos, here is one for Maik. Personally I take them with a large pinch of salt. He seems to like a slide tackle, which Beaton, Dallas, Mclean, Gollum, etc, will love to penalise him for - even if they are legitimate tackles everywhere else in the footballing world!

I totally agree. Ange letting Jenz go preferring Kobayashi instead was madness. That and letting Giakmakis go for a pittance were his two main failings in an otherwise stupendously successful Celtic career.
We should have kept Jenz and added Kobayashi as the back up pair to the main two. Welsh is the one we should have let go. Giakoumakis, other than the 2nd half of his first season when Kyogo was injured, was never going to play as much as he wanted. Oh a better player and long term prospect. Giakoumakis's agent burnt his bridges with Ange so there was no way back for him.

Back