transfer window

The difference between Ange's transfer strategy and BR's couldnt be more stark.
Ange liked to get in early an had his targets pre-window, he got them signed that was it.

I think Brenda likes all the speculation and shenanigans right up till the window closes.
To me if you leave it late you end up paying more.

I prefer, i think we all do, Ange's style.
Spot on Brimcbhoy. Peter Lawwell working in the background 😡

On the subject of John Cushley: I seem to remember something about him accompanying Jimmy Mc Grory to Spain when we tried to sign Alfredo Di Stefano. Think big Cush was fluent in Spanish.

Friggin' hell...talk about all our yesterday's!
You are correct Frank,John spoke Spanish and accompanied Celtic on thier European travels for all His education and playing for Celtic ect He was very much the Blantyre boy who would never walk bye if called proud to have known Him

Those were the days Frank,I think big John played at centre forward in a few games.
Did he not end up at St Augustines teaching kids..
No £100,000 Range Rover to get them to training a number 38 did the job.
About 30 years ago Frank I saw a guy waiting on a bus in the pouring rain so I stopped and offered him a lift, when he got in the car I recognised him immediately,,Bobby Murdoch,,I said to him I recognised who he was but I would not dream of asking him anything about Celtic or the players,he said I dont mind,so I asked him about George Connolly and he said to me, if there was one player I would have asked you not to ask about it would have been George, not becauseI had any issue,s with him but because George had his own issues and that is how I would like it to stay,,but what I will tell you about George is,,he is the most gifted player ever to set foot on the hallowed turf and that includes opponents..
A night to remember Frank,..

HH
Those are the two players I wish I had seen playing for Celtic. I was 3 when I started supporting Celtic (purely watching on the tv) and Bobby Murdoch had left us by then. I can sort of remember hearing sbout George Connolly but I can't remember seeing him play at the time (although I must have).

Fortunately, I am blessed with having a fantastic memory of things that happened when I was very young - but ask me about a tender I submitted last month, and I'll struggle! 🤪

Thankfully, I've been able to enjoy watching clips on YouTube and DVDs but that isn't the same.

George appears to have been a troubled man. I know from my own very recent experiences how mental health issues can so badly affect you. It is such a shame that he was unable to ask for the help he obviously needed and allow him to fulfil his glorious talent and potential. I am glad that we are a more understanding society these days and men are encouraged to seek support in these matters.

George Connolly . Brilliant player would have been world class, if it wasn't due to his off field struggles. Celtic would have built a team round George that I have no doubts. Watched him score against old co 69 cup final. What a goal that was. God bless him and I hope he is feeling better about himself 🙏.

Tomasz Włodarczyk
@wlodar85

Maik Nawrocki podpisze pięcioletni kontrakt z Celtic Glasgow. 22-latek przeszedł już testy medyczne w Szkocji. Kwota powyżej 5 milionów euro.
@Meczykipl
Translated from Polish
Maik Nawrocki will sign a five-year contract with Celtic Glasgow. The 22-year-old has already undergone medical tests in Scotland. Amount over 5 million euros.
@Meczykipl
Good we need a "Rock" at the back.....

I know I know 🧥 🤣🤣

Tomasz Włodarczyk
@wlodar85

Maik Nawrocki podpisze pięcioletni kontrakt z Celtic Glasgow. 22-latek przeszedł już testy medyczne w Szkocji. Kwota powyżej 5 milionów euro.
@Meczykipl
Translated from Polish
Maik Nawrocki will sign a five-year contract with Celtic Glasgow. The 22-year-old has already undergone medical tests in Scotland. Amount over 5 million euros.
@Meczykipl

Keep em coming Gary…

George Connolly . Brilliant player would have been world class, if it wasn't due to his off field struggles. Celtic would have built a team round George that I have no doubts. Watched him score against old co 69 cup final. What a goal that was. God bless him and I hope he is feeling better about himself 🙏.
When I was working at Torness power station during the construction there was a inter contractors adhoc football competition and big George played for McAlpines , he was working as a scaffolders mate , Needless to say McAlpines won the competition with George scoring from all over the park 😍.
So claim to fame I played against George Connolly .

Looks like Reo hatate is pushing for a move if that's the case hope we get at least £15 million (good player but if that is the case then maybe best for both parties for him to leave if it's true)
Anybody who doesn't want to be there should be sold, including Hatate. Anybody from down south want to buy him then its Jota sized transfer fee. £20m+
He still has 3 years on his contract if a bid of over 20 mil comes in then it will be hard to turn it down....I get it.
The timing doesn't feel right though and would be a massive blow to our season ahead.
Media are talking it up as you would expect.
He needs another shot at CL imo and I'm convinced suitors will then be offering 28 to 30 mil and he'll get his move.
We need him here this season to guarantee entry to CL next season. This would be a real sore wan for me ...hope it doesn't happen this window and we get him for one more year.

Big difference on what the Record cherry picked from Hatates interview than what was actually said

The boy Yatao on Twitter translated an interview Hatate did in Japan:

Yesterday, Reo Hatate talked about his future dream and enthusiasm for Champions League on the weekly program “FOOTBALL PROGRAM YABECCHI STADIUM” broadcast on DAZN Japan as follows…

“When I played in the game against Real Madrid in Champions League, I felt again that Luka Modrić was really a top class player. The position that he put the ball when carrying the ball and the ability to gauge situation were outstanding. I felt that I really didn’t want to match up against him in midfield.”

“For me, playing in the Champions League was long held dream that I realised by playing in and experiencing that game, but now I have strong desire to perform better in Champions League again. In that sense, we lost the game against Real Madrid, but I feel it was a good experience.”

“In games of Japanese national team last month, I was able to reproduce performance I have been doing at Celtic on the pitch. And I think I was able to perform my strengths in games. It’s meaningless if I don’t continue to be called up to the national team, so I want to do my best to do it.”

He also talked about his future dream as a footballer as follows.

“My dream is to play in higher-level leagues such as English Premier League. It’s about whether I can experience it once in my lifetime or not, so I want to challenge it someday. But now I focus only on doing my best for Celtic.”

His stats when partering CCV are awesome. Never lost a game in domestic ties when he's paired with CCV.Sick of hearing so much negativity regarding him the sums doent add up.
It’s weird how easy a target Starfelt is SB we know he makes mistakes so does every player who currently wears da hoops.
But nope he’s not Celtic Class.
This polish guy looks like he can hit people which should make him a bench warmer oops that’s what our fair minded Mibbs will make him whether his tackles are good or not. Let’s hope him and CCV get back to doing what they are good at shutting up shop.
But answer me this is the supposed new guy gonna solve our European problems in defence.
Me I think we’re not making any big money signings.
I think we’re being shafted by our Board again. To Sell the idea of Brenda
Hope I’m wrong

HH 🍀

Members online

Latest posts

Back