transfer window

Cant say I ws too impressed that no signings of better than we already have came in.

Being the paranoid android that I am I have strange feeling the board know something about risks of war starting in coming months.

Its the only reason I can think they made no attempt to buy in a few positions.

probably my overactive imagination. Keep thinking that board know John Reid the Baron ex defence minister. coupled with the escalations in political field on many fronts as well as inflation and discontent and strikes. The cynic in me thinks that the powers that be are looking for excuses to deal with the growing economic issues generally. And war has always been a good way to reset failing economies and get failing politicians into the hero realm. Also a great excuse for explaining economic and political turmoil.

just thinking out loud. probably just my medication needing topped up.

Last edited:
Big part of my childhood haha he was my hero like big Pierre
I was similar gen before sir so hogan till Steve chucked it.
Had a gap for hbk.
Liked him but he had faded out when I was back in
Early then, Sean was in and out injured. One of the best but not my favourite in the time I watched it

Last edited:
Cant say I ws too impressed that no signings of better than we already have came in.

Being the paranoid android that I am I have strange feeling the board know something about risks of war starting in coming months.

probably my overactive imagination. Keep thinking that board know John Reid the Baron ex defence minister. coupled with the escalations in political field on many fronts as well as inflation and discontent and strikes. The cynic in me thinks that the powers that be are looking for excuses to deal with the growing economic issues generally. And war has always been a good way to reset failing economies and get failing politicians into the hero realm. Also a great excuse for explaining economic and political turmoil.

War with who??

Not entirely off it. Meds mibi as a top up, don't know?
Business wise, in my place the last nat min raise caused us to cut cloth and raise prices. Close to the maximum unacceptable level. Budget then caused us to work much harder to make budget. The wriggle room is gone. This next raise...God knows. Its going to fold so many places.
Portions, food quality, experience of dining out is all going to tank.
My industry, my prediction.

As far as war...the US due to falling numbers have lowered entry levels.

They are recruiting bottom of the barrel infantryman.

Most conflicts simmer and are planned almost now.
The west collectively pushed Putin as far as he would go.
Almost certain the yanks took out the nord pipe line.
Now we are buying US fuel...rates through the roof.

Hard to think there aren't bigger things and plans out of disclosure.
It's went far enough that we don't need conspiracy theories really.
Just chase who made profits and why

War with who??
The head of British army has declared we arent ready for war with Russia and recommends consciption right now.

red flag to me.

On top of that middle east looks like imploding/exploding if peace isnt agreed, doesnt sound like its likely.

Chinese and american naval exercises ongoing in oceans around China

India and Pakistan could flair again with the weird Hindu priority over secular laws.

But the goading for escalation (imo) of western forces against agreed treaties through proxies will either lead to back down of one side to their detriment or escalate.

And escalation looks more likely if UN genoicide rulings are ignored. US havent even sought senate approval I heard over attacks on Yemen.

Disregard for voters
Disregard for judicial rulings
War looks like its coming.

With who?

My guess would be China/russia/iran.

but im a paranoid bloke

Last edited:
Whatever happens from here on in, we shouldn't vent our frustrations on match days. Back the 11 on the field to the max.
If we don't the players will sense it and then bad shit can happen.
Let's go do this and make it another treble.
🍀🍀🍀
100% Stevie. The bhoys are here and deserve support and encouragement. I don't think we can get another treble this season, so we'll have to make do with just a double.

Whatever happens from here on in, we shouldn't vent our frustrations on match days. Back the 11 on the field to the max.
🍀🍀🍀
Sevco won the league Cup so no chance of a treble. The double is still up for grabs

🍀🍀🍀
Agree support the Team with everything the fans can give them final whistle. turn on the board let them know who are responsible
For the ridiculous situation we find ourselves in
Sack the Board
Sacks the Liarwells
Sack the Gowfer
Mon the Hoops

HH😞

Been a quiet end to the transfer thread but a surge on ww3?
Any distraction. I'm still interested in the views.
Get another thread possibly bhoys

Been a quiet end to the transfer thread but a surge on ww3?
Any distraction. I'm still interested in the views.
Get another thread possibly bhoys
its the only reason I can think as to why no real transfer activity was pursued, political risks and hyper inflated market prices both for top players but even mediocre players.

Back