Turnbull or Henderson...conundrum

JamesPearson88

Interesting little piece..from what I've seen so far I'd take Henderson all day. Turnbull has had more game time to shine and show his skill & there's no doubt he's a talented player. However, I just feel Hendo has more of an eye for the ball and he can initiate a killer pass or two...thoughts?

https//celtsarehere.com/latest-transfer-speculation-bad-news-for-celtic-starlet-club-must-be-careful/

I love wee henderson. He is absolutely magic just now. Wtf is he gonna be like in a year or 2 in with the big bhoys.

Ooft beware muth fucka’s playing against this bhoy.

Great post btw ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Henderson is going to be some player but still one or two years away imo
HH

He’s a great player just now, we just need him for the full 90

I’d bench some ae they cnuts not giving us anything over him any day of the week. ??

Interesting little piece..from what I've seen so far I'd take Henderson all day. Turnbull has had more game time to shine and show his skill & there's no doubt he's a talented player. However, I just feel Hendo has more of an eye for the ball and he can initiate a killer pass or two...thoughts?

https//celtsarehere.com/latest-transfer-speculation-bad-news-for-celtic-starlet-club-must-be-careful/
He was pretty awesome against hearts an ok it's a home game and the pressures off. Most of the talk was about karamoko but I thought someof the passes he played split their defence apart. And again it was not the same hearts that turned up a week later. Still we've got to give these bhoys their chance else why have them ? I wouldn't be against a loan deal for him , not dropping to the bottom tier but similar to Ajer and see how he does. This is how ajax work if they're good enough they play age is irrelevant ( I'll need to keep that in mind ):p

Turnball I think is the better player. We won’t buy him so it’s non starter wondering who would play. Is the boy a Sevconian? If he is and they raise money selling players he would go to them.

I'd be happy with both. They are both very young and will inevitably have a drop in form. Henderson is a longer term project at the moment. Turnbull has goals in him and that will be important over the next couple of seasons. But RB and CB are the priority positions.

Turnball I think is the better player. We won’t buy him so it’s non starter wondering who would play. Is the boy a Sevconian? If he is and they raise money selling players he would go to them.
It's hard to say whose the better player for me as we've not seen enough of Henderson at that level so Turnbull has a march on him in that respect

Yeah it definitely shouldn’t be one or the other, they’re both potentially very good, but have only done it over the space of months. Ideally I’d like to see Turnbull in another 6/12 months because sometimes players, especially when they are full of confidence can play above themselves. It’s also the notorious first season.

I like him though, and the risk is we might lose him to another club if we don’t take the risk.

Henderson could be a cracker, he has great awareness/composure, - there’s no rush though, - maybe there was too much pressure put on his brother Liam.

Our midfield in general has looked pretty static recently, and we missed Christie big time, so hopefully over the next year or so we can replace Bitton, Mulumbu etc with more energy in there.

The whole squad needs a huge lift, and freshened up.

Clickbait
A fee of £1.2m is "nowhere near" the value of David Turnbull amid reported interest from Celtic, says Motherwell chief executive Alan Burrows.

The 19-year-old has been linked with a switch to Parkhead for that fee, which is £500,000 less than the club record sum the Fir Park club received when Phil O'Donnell was sold to Celtic in 1994.

"We will only consider offers of significantly more than our record fee received," Burrows tweeted.

"We will sell him on our terms."

Turnbull scored 15 goals from midfield in his breakthrough season, while also winning the Scottish Football Writers' young player of the year award.

Any bid would likely need to be at least £2.5m to make Motherwell consider parting with the man Burrows last month said is a "once in a couple of generations talent".
We don't conduct business through the media and there's 9 days to go before the window opens tis'the silly season!

Not seen enough of the boy Turnbull to make a judgement on whether he'd be a good signing or not but I do think Henderson would benefit from a loan spell at a club where he'll see more first team football.

Only other thing I would say on the 2 is that if they are similar players, with similar quality and at the same stage of development then why fork out £2m plus when we have Henderson on the books already. Surely one of our own who's come up through the ranks deserves first crack at it before we sign up another who's arguably no better than what we already have? That £2m could be better spent elsewhere.

Not seen enough of the boy Turnbull to make a judgement on whether he'd be a good signing or not but I do think Henderson would benefit from a loan spell at a club where he'll see more first team football.

Only other thing I would say on the 2 is that if they are similar players, with similar quality and at the same stage of development then why fork out £2m plus when we have Henderson on the books already. Surely one of our own who's come up through the ranks deserves first crack at it before we sign up another who's arguably no better than what we already have? That £2m could be better spent elsewhere.

You're too sensible, Andy.

Turnbull has had a good season and has potential but so does Henderson if it was a choice between one or the other i would take Henderson ,hopefully a good pre season and we may see him get a few starts

Burrows saying they won't conduct there business through the media , there's a laugh ,he will be in the papers spouting pich as soon as the windows open .2.8m would be better spent on a defender

motherwell will be using the morelos book of valuations , players no cnt has asked the price of yet

You're too sensible, Andy.

Lol. Fuck it then......sign the boy Turnbull up and make him and Henderson fight to the death with bladed weapons for a crack at the first team. The winner must then remove the loser's head to absorb his defeated foe's talent and prove his worthiness of the jersey :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wait that's just the plot of Highlander......

highlander.jpg

You get the point though Shamrock......There Can Be Only One! :LOL:

Lol. Fuck it then......sign the boy Turnbull up and make him and Henderson fight to the death with bladed weapons for a crack at the first team. The winner must then remove the loser's head to absorb his defeated foe's talent and prove his worthiness of the jersey :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wait that's just the plot of Highlander......

View attachment 2999

You get the point though Shamrock......There Can Be Only One! :LOL:

Still, it sounds like a novel way of sorting these things out. ?

Back