Ukraine Support Fund

Hoopy427

The Ukranian people are suffering an humanitarian disaster, thier fight is our fight, Celtic minded people respond to such humanitarian disasters, so I'm asking for your thoughts on how we can contribute. We can't cure this issue but we can show solidarity and contribute to the victims.
Any ideas on how we can help, even in the smallest way would be gratefully received by Steviebhoy or myself.
Essentially I'm thinking let's raise a few quid and donate it to humanitarian aid in Ukranian.

HH team.

The Ukranian people are suffering an humanitarian disaster, thier fight is our fight, Celtic minded people respond to such humanitarian disasters, so I'm asking for your thoughts on how we can contribute. We can't cure this issue but we can show solidarity and contribute to the victims.
Any ideas on how we can help, even in the smallest way would be gratefully received by Steviebhoy or myself.
Essentially I'm thinking let's raise a few quid and donate it to humanitarian aid in Ukranian.

HH team.
Received an email from David Miliband looking for a donation for exactly what you suggest Hoopy. Was more than happy to donate. Kudos to you mate.

Received an email from David Miliband looking for a donation for exactly what you suggest Hoopy. Was more than happy to donate. Kudos to you mate.
We can't watch this unfold and not care Frank, it goes against everything that Celtic stands for. You don't need me to thank you for donating but I thank you anyway.
If we only raise a hundred quid for the cause that's fine, if I have to pay the the hundred quid myself that's also fine at least I'm contributing to an innocent people's struggle to survive.
🇺🇦

We can't watch this unfold and not care Frank, it goes against everything that Celtic stands for. You don't need me to thank you for donating but I thank you anyway.
If we only raise a hundred quid for the cause that's fine, if I have to pay the the hundred quid myself that's also fine at least I'm contributing to an innocent people's struggle to survive.
🇺🇦
Quite happy to chip in again if your idea takes off Hoopy.

Been following this fella

on You tube for a few years where his channel gave you a look at day to day life in ukraine and the culture and lifestyle of the people ,he's now devastated at what has happened to his country and does live q&a he also gives a list of charities set up by the ukraine govt where you can make donations where everything you donate will go to help the Ukrainians

Too many charities set up tend to only send pennies in the pound

other charities set up in ukraine are listed here on reddit ukraine page

I've had a think about this for the last couple of days and as long as there's one Putin sympathiser on The Noise that's one too many to make it a forum I can't be a part of, at least for now.
I know the vast majority of you are decent, loving, well meaning people who make this World a better place, but listening to apologists excuse the slaughter of countless thousands of innocent people because of some twisted political beliefs is something I can't tolerate and I refuse to be associated with them.
I hope some of you are able to donate to some of the charities that Kelly posted, that's what I'll be doing.
I'm sure I'll be back but for now take good care and glory to the people of Ukraine!

I've had a think about this for the last couple of days and as long as there's one Putin sympathiser on The Noise that's one too many to make it a forum I can't be a part of, at least for now.
I know the vast majority of you are decent, loving, well meaning people who make this World a better place, but listening to apologists excuse the slaughter of countless thousands of innocent people because of some twisted political beliefs is something I can't tolerate and I refuse to be associated with them.
I hope some of you are able to donate to some of the charities that Kelly posted, that's what I'll be doing.
I'm sure I'll be back but for now take good care and glory to the people of Ukraine!
I get your passion mate, but I don't think there are Putin sympathisers on the noise. Some people are just so suspicious of the MSM they want to see both sides of the argument.
You have put forward many good arguments why Putin is wrong and his invasion of a democratic state is totally wrong.
Dropping out of the noise is not the way. STAYING and continuing is the way.
You are a valued contributor to the noise and it would be a loss if you did not reconsider.
Hail Hail fellow Celt!

Unless I've missed something, your wonderful idea doesn't seem to be taking off Hoopy. After watching recent events we decided to make a further donation this morning. I'll say it again. Well done and thanks for the suggestion.

i feel that way about cat owners but hey ho sometimes we just need to plod on and accept others have a voice to be heard too
I hope some of you are able to donate to some of the charities that Kelly posted, that's what I'll be doing.,,,,,oh that must have hurt :D

I don't look at the politics i look at the faces of little ones and their mothers packing a suitcase , saying goodbye to loved ones and there homes ,becoming homeless in strange lands and the worry of never returning or seeing their partners/parents /country ever again

I see at least 2 professional Ukrainian players have lost their lives fighting for their countries freedom.
Puts the whole thing into perspective.
You know what I would like to see?
Every pro player in the country donating 1 weeks wages to a support fund after 2 of their peers gave the ultimate sacrifice.
They bleed the game dry and rarely do you read about many of them giving something back.
Can you even imagine what giving 1 weeks wages would accumulate to considering what these guys earn?
Many hundreds of players earning money that joe bloggs can only dream of.
Football needs a Bob Geldof.

Back