Undermined, Biased and Agenda-Driven - Alex Thomson's Flawed anti-Celtic Broadcast

if i remember right Celtics boys club used to gather outside the celtic social club , they didn't have any premises that were there own

And anyone with a bit of common sense would look at the size of the pools office and wondered who the feck could you train in there it was tiny , did they run from room to room
Correct, trained there for 2 seasons with them before they sussed I was garbage and advised me to study hard at school...( never listen)73/74

Thanks everyone for taking the time out to read and comment. Not exactly and easy subject.
Credit to David and The Celtic Star. They have been front and centre since Alex Thomson's initial 'watch this space' tweet two weeks ago. I've only written a few articles to back that hard work up.
What I'd hoped rather naively as it turned out was Alex Thomson would be fair and balanced. Instead he used Celtic's name to sensationalise a subject that deserved better.
It's also disappointing how little support for the club-clearly being singled out- has come from other quarters of Celtic media.
SMSM is no surprise and I appreciate its not a subject that will get websites 'hits' but when the club is being poorly represented by a broadcaster of such repute and with such reach I expected more.
This is a Scottish issue re the boys clubs however the abuse permeates through every part of society. Celtic may indeed be part of that but the solution will come from recognising mistakes were made everywhere, acknowledging it and learning from it together.
Well done Niall just read your article mate my god it was a joy mate not the subject matter obviously facts facts and just to balance it up some more facts some so called journalists should read your articles over the last three weeks and basically learn what there job is well done mate ☘️☘️👏👏👏 tbh Niall I have only started reading your articles in the last month mate more fool me well done again

Well done Niall just read your article mate my god it was a joy mate not the subject matter obviously facts facts and just to balance it up some more facts some so called journalists should read your articles over the last three weeks and basically learn what there job is well done mate ☘☘👏👏👏 tbh Niall I have only started reading your articles in the last month mate more fool me well done again
Thanks Bigian. Really good to get feedback. Don't worry about only reading articles of late. You've missed as much pish as you have anything good. It all evens out over a season as they say ;)

if i remember right Celtics boys club used to gather outside the celtic social club , they didn't have any premises that were there own

And anyone with a bit of common sense would look at the size of the pools office and wondered who the feck could you train in there it was tiny , did they run from room to room
[/
Thanks Bigian. Really good to get feedback. Don't worry about only reading articles of late. You've missed as much pish as you have anything good. It all evens out over a season as they say ;)
naw mate keep up the good work but reading your post about your daytime job fuck do you ever sleep bud ☘️☘️☘️ As I said unfortunately you have a stalker keep going bud the TRUTH IS OUT THERE ☘️☘️

The SFA report into this is going to be an eyeopener , will it be a whitewash or will they lay the blame at other folks door ,, it wizny us

When your a kid back in the 70s you signed an s-form with the clubs you were with ,(will probably be the same today )

if i mind right and don't quote me these were under the umberella of the scottish football association , i don't have one to hand , but and if like me you were wanted by another club, you had to either get your club to transfer your s-form or approach the SFA

This is how it operated back in the day at every boys/youth club level evry player signed an s-form good or bad

THe thing is with my old club they wouldn't release me they stood in my way , so i wrote to the SFA along with the other club and after about 3 months it was released

what i'm tryin to get is the kids ,the s-form players who have been victims were all under the registration of the SFA

in no way am i trying to shift blame ,but the bigger story is the very people looking into it ?

The SFA report into this is going to be an eyeopener , will it be a whitewash or will they lay the blame at other folks door ,, it wizny us

When your a kid back in the 70s you signed an s-form with the clubs you were with ,(will probably be the same today )

if i mind right and don't quote me these were under the umberella of the scottish football association , i don't have one to hand , but and if like me you were wanted by another club, you had to either get your club to transfer your s-form or approach the SFA

This is how it operated back in the day at every boys/youth club level evry player signed an s-form good or bad

THe thing is with my old club they wouldn't release me they stood in my way , so i wrote to the SFA along with the other club and after about 3 months it was released

what i'm tryin to get is the kids ,the s-form players who have been victims were all under the registration of the SFA

in no way am i trying to shift blame ,but the bigger story is the very people looking into it ?
Spot on. I think that was what Malcolm was alluding to in the original article. Again I'm not abdicating Celtic's responsibility but he seemed certain responsibility for his care lay with SFA. He was clear about that

Aye, they were, kelly. All SFA approved to prevent young lads bouncing about fae club-to-club. I moved from United to Dundee at 15 and the SFA had to authorise the clearance and release the registration for me to sign there.

Last edited:
Do you know something a lot of the media seem to ignore. Celtic have by far and away been more open about their experience of this issue than ANY other club in the UK. Ironically this openness has been used as a hammer on Celtic rather than a stick to prod others into being more transparent about their own experiences.

Members online

Latest posts

Back