Unfit to Wear the Scarf - Racists have no place in Paradise

So now were saying there is Racists and celtic park ,i'm all for calling racists out but i'm not for joining the new que who are branding our fans racist

show me the proof
I can't show you proof Kelly, but in 45 years of watching the hoops I have witnessed it a few times, the Mark Walters game was by far the worst, (anyone remember the scumbag dressed as a gorilla that day?) I also remember a feckwit calling John Barnes a Black bastard and was even more shocked at the silence it was greeted with until I told the guy he was not welcome at Paradise and could he please go and fuck himself, but by far the biggest problem with racism we did have was over the years was the jurassic shouts of proddy bastards, no one can deny we didn't hear this when we followed our club, that cut deepest for me.
On the positive side, we as a support have made amazing progress and it's extremely rare to hear this nowadays and when you do it's usually down to the bevvy but that's no excuse.
Finally I think we are being drawn into an argument about racism in Scottish football fuelled by lies from the Zombie club, this is shameful but not surprising from that mob, they are now completely losing the plot and it's only going to get worse, we need to be on our guard this season as a support because we are witnessing a dirty tricks campaign like we've never seen before, add to the mix we are being accused of anything from racism to attempted murder in the press and the board publicly at least seem to be doing feck all to back us up.

Moron gets some stick from the fans because he acts like such a twat, diving, dirty fouls, throwing hissy fits etc, but there is no evidence whatsoever that the abuse is race related and as such these allegations don't deserve air time.
Jermaine Defoe plays for the hun, he scores goals he's not getting abuse from the stands because he doesn't act like a twat, again nothing to do with racism.
If you're going to make hideous allegations against people you have to have some proof, if there's no proof the allegations shouldn't be made.

It's impossible to consider that, throughout the hundreds of thousands of folk throughout the world that purportedly support Celtic, there wouldn't be a tiny minority who have views that are ill-informed, ignorant and socially reprehensible.

That's not reflective of Celtic, but is in keeping with society as a whole (and significantly less are in our midst than can be found in any given High Street throughout the land).

That does not explain or justify their actions, but it's pretty difficult to cure stupid and after you throw in a few bottles of Bucky, it's nigh on impossible.

Generally speaking, the main body of Celtic fans do a great job of self-regulating and are more than willing to offer a few free lessons in educating those of us who are not so enlightened.

In Scotland, many of us (including myself) have been guilty of 'casual' racism and while it's not acceptable or justified, it doesn't appear to be shaped by malice, contempt, or intolerance.

It's a throwback to a bygone era where all minority groups were subjected to a degree of abuse which should not be tolerated nowadays.

Like Kelly above, I'm confident that the vast bulk of our core support know enough about suppression and repression to know better than to subject others to that standard; however - there are always going to be outliers within our number who haven't quite entered into the 21st century.

I also happen to agree that Morelos has to listen to more than his fair share of racial abuse on a week-by-week basis; however - it is more of the anti-Irish sentiments vocalised by his own supporters that he has to endure rather than any concentrated effort to question his Colombian heritage or skin pigmentation.

Morelos is a dick, but only on the basis that he is a dick. It is not defined by any other reason beyond his obvious dickishness.

Scott Sinclair at Ibrox, Shay Logan just this week, Morelos claims he's had it from us and Aberdeen fans this season, yes no evidence to date on either club I don't think.
Three of the biggest clubs in Scotland all involved in giving it out or receiving it (and I know we can all add a few more we know of to the list). I think we need to look beyond clubs, supporters and players. The language in politics (especially since the build up and now conclusion of the EU exit) has divided, and media plays a part in that also, they too have a responsibility.
Mikel just got in Turkey, Balotelli gets it in Italy. There has been a rise in this sort of behaviour.
Celtic may be a small or even miniscule part of a problem in Scotand but before it grows to be anything on a par with Italy and Turkey, maybe we could be part of a solution. Leaving all whataboutery aside just help force it back before it becomes emboldened.

Scott Sinclair at Ibrox, Shay Logan just this week, Morelos claims he's had it from us and Aberdeen fans this season, yes no evidence to date on either club I don't think.
Three of the biggest clubs in Scotland all involved in giving it out or receiving it (and I know we can all add a few more we know of to the list). I think we need to look beyond clubs, supporters and players. The language in politics (especially since the build up and now conclusion of the EU exit) has divided, and media plays a part in that also, they too have a responsibility.
Mikel just got in Turkey, Balotelli gets it in Italy. There has been a rise in this sort of behaviour.
Celtic may be a small or even miniscule part of a problem in Scotand but before it grows to be anything on a par with Italy and Turkey, maybe we could be part of a solution. Leaving all whataboutery aside just help force it back before it becomes emboldened.
Very good points, Niall. It's a sad indictment on the human race in the 21st century that we are looking backwards at behaviour we thought was gone for good but has instead been stoked in the world of politics and sport to divide and conquer. It's bad enough that racism exists in football without adding downright lies into the equation.
I abhor any type of racism from any body but shame on those who are using it for their own convenience.

I am not making any allegations against anyone but that article was written with a heavy heart and was well considered over night.
It's a well written article and on a subject that should be discussed out in the open and not ignored .

Now the allegations of Racism from the Celtic support towards the runt have been made headline news ,with no proof to back it up

No comment from the club does not help in this case either as they could have nipped this in the bud and commented on it instead we get silence and smear

This isn't going away ,we know have slippy getting full air of the press stating Racisim in Scotland is on the rise yet he makes no comment what so ever and the end of every game ,,,none ,,,not a word

As Michael Stewart said last night there's fires gettin lit here and dangerous ones , Before the shame game weeks before, the huns knew they were having a sit down with Salmond and the introduction of the OBF bill would be coming in ,,,,,our board walked in with there skants down and got mugged

The same is happening here

The 70s-80s the football world were ignorant towards racisim i watched it at West Brom where the midlands was rife with racists and saw it when i came to Scotland to a lesser extent ,the new word i learned then was sectarian

As a support and just the same as the general public racisim was attacked folk got educated on this abhorent action and the world moved on for the better of it

Yes there were the actions against Mark walters and others , i remember a guy gettin thumped and thrown of our bus for calling out paul wilson but times changed , the Celtic support rightly cried out folk who stepped over the line both home and away

i don't go to games now, did go home and away i always found the support to be very vocal and standing together on actions that would tarnish the club

So know weve turned round and after a month of smears found ourselves asking ,,,we'll are we racist hhhhmmm

we'll are we ,,,,

a club exclusive to all ,a club who signs coloured players and welcomes all ,,, so no i do not hink were racist and i don't think any racist comments were made to the runt

when i see proof i will stand corrected

But here's a thought, a club that was publicy called out on racist chants by UEFA

That same club classed it as sectarian not racist may be using the same argument here see the argument suits them this way

sevco shout fenian b,,, uefa claim it's racist

celtic fan shouts orange b ,, sevco claim it's racist

Very good points, Niall. It's a sad indictment on the human race in the 21st century that we are looking backwards at behaviour we thought was gone for good but has instead been stoked in the world of politics and sport to divide and conquer. It's bad enough that racism exists in football without adding downright lies into the equation.
I abhor any type of racism from any body but shame on those who are using it for their own convenience.
I think the PR offensive headed by we know who certainly needs tempered and the silence from Celtic is making it a one way street.
Message out first tends to believed however ridiculous, if met with silence from the party being accused. There has been too much rolling over and on far too many issues of late and not exclusively the 29th.

I can't show you proof Kelly, but in 45 years of watching the hoops I have witnessed it a few times, the Mark Walters game was by far the worst, (anyone remember the scumbag dressed as a gorilla that day?) I also remember a feckwit calling John Barnes a Black bastard and was even more shocked at the silence it was greeted with until I told the guy he was not welcome at Paradise and could he please go and fuck himself, but by far the biggest problem with racism we did have was over the years was the jurassic shouts of proddy bastards, no one can deny we didn't hear this when we followed our club, that cut deepest for me.
On the positive side, we as a support have made amazing progress and it's extremely rare to hear this nowadays and when you do it's usually down to the bevvy but that's no excuse.
Finally I think we are being drawn into an argument about racism in Scottish football fuelled by lies from the Zombie club, this is shameful but not surprising from that mob, they are now completely losing the plot and it's only going to get worse, we need to be on our guard this season as a support because we are witnessing a dirty tricks campaign like we've never seen before, add to the mix we are being accused of anything from racism to attempted murder in the press and the board publicly at least seem to be doing feck all to back us up.
Agree B,have heard it years ago ,but things have now changed,and you are right ,the dirty tricks brigade are out to tarnish our name ,and of course correct in saying the silence is deafening from out ‘PR’ team hh

The fact that we can even have this type of conversation says more about the morals of the fans than any shoddy rag artist writing in the Scottish tabloids ever can.

Rather than trying to shit-stir, there appears to be a genuine contempt for racists and those that practice racially motivated values.

There are features in society that we have become over-sensitised to cope with and other features where we have become desensitised.

If we ever get to the level where racism just becomes a finger-pointing exercise, then all hope is lost.

Scottish humour largely depends on finding an object's Achilles Heel. Our humour, as Celtic fans, is only ever really funny when we can ridicule our opponents shortcomings (of which there are too many to mention). It has NEVER been dependent on poking fun at the colour of someone's skin and it has never been dependent on deflection.

Sure, we might have an oddball or two and we all have a responsibility to call it out, but I still believe our own can resolve that issue without media interference.

(y)

Beginning to make some sense?

Celtic Statement hits back at Sky Sports and the perpetrators of racism...

Good start
Now they need to take it further and by that i mean the legal root

This from the CQN leader today...

"On this occasion, two Celtic season ticket holders (quite rightly) reported to the police an incident, observed only by a handful of Celtic fans, by another fan at last month’s defeat.

"Celtic fans’ abhorrence of intolerance is commendable, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. The club cannot cut across this with denials or deflections. Others have exploited that police report shamelessly, but that is Gutter Life."

Yesterday I sent an email to Niall (which I am sure he will confirm). It reads as follows..

This is direct from Celtic today following my article on Morelos this morning.

"There are 2 Complaints currently with Police Scotland made by Celtic season ticket holders."

The complaints are NOT related to the video - which does not have racist comments as we have always said.

“It’s not from the video, there are two specific cases where people used racist comments, that’s why we can’t say anything. A few folk let themselves and the club downed have placed us in a position where we can’t say it didn’t happen as we have STH’s who said it did.”

Members online

No members online now.

Back