Unfortunately that’s celtic

I

Ian65

Just huvin a moan but when we’re shite we’re shite certain times Brendan is to cute for himself fuck we won the European cup havin a goalkeeper who just booted the baw up the park Boyata and Simunovic look like they have never met wan and other in Boyata’s case He’s consistent that’s another European game he’s refused tae play?? disappointing as we didn’t even get in the car never mind first gear ahhh well hope the weather is nice next week hope I get a good tan the way we got tanned the nite HH??

We need quality. We need to spend huge.
So what we have just witnessed, is the way it will be from now on. We’ll get loanees from other clubs get them ready for the big teams wi cash. But even that will stop. The big teams will eventually see us as a backwater who sometimes have a wee run In Europe now and again and not worth the risk. A League with plastic pitches for fuck sake. They won’t risk young Talent in a 1 horse race great for Celtic but not for Europe. So back to square one.
Spend decent money get better players. Lift Scottish Football ourselves. Give Brendan better quality see where it takes us. Cause just getting to the CL or E/League or knockouts
Like tonite proves we’re not good enough.
But better players means a better chance.
So Celtic what’s it going to be. Yes 10 will be great but better in Europe would be the benchmark we should be aiming for. Oh and I fucking want 10. I’m a greedy barsteward.
But time to get the cheque book oot Peter.
And give Brendan yir bonus after all you claim to be A Celtic Supporter.

HH☘️

not spendin,happy with small time success in scotland,whit the phux that sayin,"our reach only exceeds our grasp" or some shite like that,small mind's in residence at our club, ffs! strachan and lenny did better in europe,it's a feckin embarrasment, but hey ho, every thins kushti in the spl!!!! aye Hail Hail!!!!grrr!:mad::mad::mad:

Wee got loads a money in the bank though so peters happy, not saying spend it all but surely we could at least buy 1 decent player a year an build a decent foundation of a team over 4/5 years,becuse if/when we get the 10 whats to look forward to after that

I'm afraid Brendan won't be able to make progress in Europe even if he spent all the millions we have in the bank in the summer, he has a style that he likes to play and he aint for changing it, MON, GS, and NFL were pragmatic enough to play the team in front of you, nothings changed, no one can deny we punched above our weight under these managers, what's changed is we now have a coach who believes his team is good enough to play good teams and excellent teams in Europe in the style he is coaching.
We may still have the odd result in Europe, but they will be few and far between imo, Brendan is very Brave trying to play his style in these games, but im afraid if we want to progress in Europe we must play to our strengths, that might mean we have to be a wee bit cuter, be a bit more defensive, have a few players in the team that can scare the opposition.
One of our greatest results in modern history against Barca, I think they had around 80% possession, does anybody care about that stat? Me neither.
Brendan at the moment is giving us record breaking success on the domestic front, and long may it continue, I have written off success in Europe as I'm enjoying what's happening at home, qualifying for the champions league is now more about a business plan than anything else. There will come a time when success at home will not be enough for Brendan, personally I feel if he wasn't an Irishman with a love for Celtic he would be away already, but he's looking to make more history and I would be shocked if he wasnt here for 10iar, I'm backing him all the way to do this, but sadly, Europe is going to have to take a back seat for a while.

I'm afraid Brendan won't be able to make progress in Europe even if he spent all the millions we have in the bank in the summer, he has a style that he likes to play and he aint for changing it, MON, GS, and NFL were pragmatic enough to play the team in front of you, nothings changed, no one can deny we punched above our weight under these managers, what's changed is we now have a coach who believes his team is good enough to play good teams and excellent teams in Europe in the style he is coaching.
We may still have the odd result in Europe, but they will be few and far between imo, Brendan is very Brave trying to play his style in these games, but im afraid if we want to progress in Europe we must play to our strengths, that might mean we have to be a wee bit cuter, be a bit more defensive, have a few players in the team that can scare the opposition.
One of our greatest results in modern history against Barca, I think they had around 80% possession, does anybody care about that stat? Me neither.
Brendan at the moment is giving us record breaking success on the domestic front, and long may it continue, I have written off success in Europe as I'm enjoying what's happening at home, qualifying for the champions league is now more about a business plan than anything else. There will come a time when success at home will not be enough for Brendan, personally I feel if he wasn't an Irishman with a love for Celtic he would be away already, but he's looking to make more history and I would be shocked if he wasnt here for 10iar, I'm backing him all the way to do this, but sadly, Europe is going to have to take a back seat for a while.
I think your bang on with this assessment.

I would add that, its never ideal to have much weaker teams every other week then jumping up class.

Even if he had been pragmatic the lack of game time at the required style plus the jump in class means there is not easy solution.

I suspect that if we had real madrid squad playing in our league every week then when they come across the european teams playing at that level week in week out the Real madrid team would struggle to beat teams they easily beat currently by playing very high quality teams much more regularly forcing them to adapt against differnet styles.

The style Brendan persists with doesnt help either.

As you said other managers have had much better success against much stronger opposition with perhaps less talented players by playing better perecentage game against big powerful teams with thae massive vocal celtic support willing them on.

Spot on. Though I think he'll go in the summer, based on no fkn evidence whatsoever?

Just huvin a moan but when we’re shite we’re shite certain times Brendan is to cute for himself fuck we won the European cup havin a goalkeeper who just booted the baw up the park Boyata and Simunovic look like they have never met wan and other in Boyata’s case He’s consistent that’s another European game he’s refused tae play?? disappointing as we didn’t even get in the car never mind first gear ahhh well hope the weather is nice next week hope I get a good tan the way we got tanned the nite HH??

At the end of the day we REALLY shouldn't have qualified for the last 32 of the tournament

We are playing on an uneven playing surface financially compared to the mega rich Clubs from other countries

Even the new hybrid playing surface that we spent £2 million quid on is apparently diseased

We had to rely on Rosenberg to help us get to the last 32 so didn't really do it on our own merits We got lucky Some will disagree about that ....... Tough Titty Take your green tinted specs off

We are mediocre at best We spend what the Club says we can afford on players or borrow players that their Parent Clubs deem not to be good enough for their purposes while we have MILLIONS sitting in the bank and the CEO is taking a £2 million bonus

But hey on the other hand all is not negative We do have the DISCO LIGHTS ?

HH?

I would expect a Managerial vacancy after 10IAR. I can see BR leaving for something else. Unless our financial restraints change, This is about as far we will go in Europe. I don't think Brendan or anyone else could do much better than this.

Under big Jock we had the ability to compete in Europe!!!!,the competition at home was a higher level ,Aberdeen,Dundee United, Kilmarnock,The huns, Ourselves,all competed in Europe,with some success,with all due respect to present clubs ,now we have little or no chance to progress in Europe,the quality of players here now is so low,they would struggle to compete in lower leagues elsewhere,yet in premier football up here!!!!!!!!really what chance do we have,?ok,BR May want to move on,who replaces him in the future,?any manager would like to have a cv with success in Europe,not going to happen up here!!!!! We are in the backwater of football and can’t do much about it ,am afraid to say.hh

At the end of the day we REALLY shouldn't have qualified for the last 32 of the tournament

We are playing on an uneven playing surface financially compared to the mega rich Clubs from other countries

Even the new hybrid playing surface that we spent £2 million quid on is apparently diseased

We had to rely on Rosenberg to help us get to the last 32 so didn't really do it on our own merits We got lucky Some will disagree about that ....... Tough Titty Take your green tinted specs off

We are mediocre at best We spend what the Club says we can afford on players or borrow players that their Parent Clubs deem not to be good enough for their purposes while we have MILLIONS sitting in the bank and the CEO is taking a £2 million bonus

But hey on the other hand all is not negative We do have the DISCO LIGHTS ?

HH?
I would expect a Managerial vacancy after 10IAR. I can see BR leaving for something else. Unless our financial restraints change, This is about as far we will go in Europe. I don't think Brendan or anyone else could do much better than this.
Sorry Kevza but BR just not seem to know how to beat teams that play a high pressing game against us and nobody in our team seem willing to except responsibility in Europe too many players hide and as for no other mngr doing better NL and GS both done better with less money but both got more commitment from there players

Ok another ordinary result in Europe, thou not unexpected. We lack that little spark or dig you sometimes need as well as a bit of luck. I think sometimes we lack self belief in the way of “ paradise is impenetrable” we’ve not always had the best players on the park “Jinky, Larsson, Murdock” , but had the best group of team players “eg: Aitken, McGarvey & McLoed”. To me I love a team who would die for one another, that’s why I love LG & KT they would both walk through a brick wall for Celtic. Not saying they’re the only two, but we do have a few who think they are bigger than the shirt IMO? Anyway upwards and onwards we have plenty more days left to fight. HH we don’t care if we win lose or draw what the hell do we care

We are trying to play and go at teams in Europe rather than sit in, defend and maybe sneak a goal. We don't have the quality at the back to do it and we suffer against better opposition. Need a RB and 2 CBs in the summer who can do what we need. That's not to mention the other things the squad needs. If we can buy burke for less than 10 I would even though he had a tough night. He would quickly be Scotland no1 striker, internationals plus 3 years with us in European games and winning would bring his game to a level we haven't had up top in a while.

The whole setup last night was devoid of any ideas at all i can maybe understand now why the board are not motivated in getting players across the line,because right now Brendan looks clueless on the european stage
You would expect a plan b or even a plan c , but nothing just the same stubborn set up same tactics and the same not for changing style that european teams look at and think wow another training excercise

Nowt to do with wayward passes ,and lacking bottle although it didn't help , but tacticaly it was lacking big time

Brendan states, quite rightly, that if young talented players come here and do it in Europe they will get a move to a bigger league.

The same applies to his future. This is his third season with a defence that couldn’t keep weans oot a close. We have lost Moussa, Armstrong and Paddy, haven’t bought anybdefenders aoart from two absolute duds in Hendry and The Invisible one and go into Europe hoping not to be found out. It isn’t working, we always are.

£38m in the bank and a team nowhere near not getting their arse’s handed to them every time we play a good team. We need to invest and Lawell should get not one Fucking penny unless we qualify for the CL in bonus. He took more out of the club than we spent on players. Or player, and he can’t even get a game.

We are the best of a bad lot up here. Euro nights are now an endurance test for the fans. The same mistakes made for the last three years. Players who look great against St Mirren are found out to not posses the metal to not crumble and play it safe. Although there was Fuck all safe last night. Rabbits in the headlights yet again. We need players, but I won’t be holding my breath as long as it’s the balance sheet that triggers Lawells bonus. How he can look himself in the mirror robbing us of that amount when he spends less than that in the team is a Fucking scandal.

Just about every Celtic forum has been going on about money in the bank and us not spending any major amount!!!!!! Can we look at this a bit closer, I have been in business in the building trade since 1970 to present date, am now 73 and ‘semi’ retired,ok ,not in the football team league,but the principals are the same,have known many ‘smart ass’ who have went to the wall by being the ‘big’ guy, oh see me, I have a business, am doing great, new car(s), new bigger house,new everything, in fact,living beyond their means,until it catches up with them,I refused to go down that route, therefore am still here!!!!!!if your income does not match your outgoings then big trouble ahead,ok, Celtic will have arranged I think anyway,overdraft facilities etc ,their money men will be up to scratch on this, About income,where are we going to get sufficiently enough from this league to compete in Europe at the level we the fans want,answer, up here, no chance,only way IS to get European football ,and hope we can progress as far as poss, a few comments earlier on here ,by rights maybe we should not have got as far as this ,maybe right maybe wrong,it all depends on your own understanding of the situation,we are pissing against the wind in Europe later stages, how can we compete for players who many are not worth the cash quoted,not only that they won’t play for nothing will they, so we are caught in a maze we can’t get out off,unless there is radical changes in football finances,don’t see any change,do we want to go down the scums route,?????like hell we do, my thoughts, disappointed as much as all Celtic fans after last night,but,?????? hh

Members online

Latest posts

Back