Unfortunately that’s celtic

Just about every Celtic forum has been going on about money in the bank and us not spending any major amount!!!!!! Can we look at this a bit closer, I have been in business in the building trade since 1970 to present date, am now 73 and ‘semi’ retired,ok ,not in the football team league,but the principals are the same,have known many ‘smart ass’ who have went to the wall by being the ‘big’ guy, oh see me, I have a business, am doing great, new car(s), new bigger house,new everything, in fact,living beyond their means,until it catches up with them,I refused to go down that route, therefore am still here!!!!!!if your income does not match your outgoings then big trouble ahead,ok, Celtic will have arranged I think anyway,overdraft facilities etc ,their money men will be up to scratch on this, About income,where are we going to get sufficiently enough from this league to compete in Europe at the level we the fans want,answer, up here, no chance,only way IS to get European football ,and hope we can progress as far as poss, a few comments earlier on here ,by rights maybe we should not have got as far as this ,maybe right maybe wrong,it all depends on your own understanding of the situation,we are pissing against the wind in Europe later stages, how can we compete for players who many are not worth the cash quoted,not only that they won’t play for nothing will they, so we are caught in a maze we can’t get out off,unless there is radical changes in football finances,don’t see any change,do we want to go down the scums route,?????like hell we do, my thoughts, disappointed as much as all Celtic fans after last night,but,?????? hh
well said Ray HH.

Reactions: Ray
We need quality. We need to spend huge.
So what we have just witnessed, is the way it will be from now on. We’ll get loanees from other clubs get them ready for the big teams wi cash. But even that will stop. The big teams will eventually see us as a backwater who sometimes have a wee run In Europe now and again and not worth the risk. A League with plastic pitches for fuck sake. They won’t risk young Talent in a 1 horse race great for Celtic but not for Europe. So back to square one.
Spend decent money get better players. Lift Scottish Football ourselves. Give Brendan better quality see where it takes us. Cause just getting to the CL or E/League or knockouts
Like tonite proves we’re not good enough.
But better players means a better chance.
So Celtic what’s it going to be. Yes 10 will be great but better in Europe would be the benchmark we should be aiming for. Oh and I fucking want 10. I’m a greedy barsteward.
But time to get the cheque book oot Peter.
And give Brendan yir bonus after all you claim to be A Celtic Supporter.

HH☘️

I think spending ‘Huge’ is the wrong way to go about things.

The frustrations understandable but before we spend anything we have to cut down that huge wage bill we have on sub standard players, some of which are BR buys.

Plus, what consitutes huge? We aren’t ever spending like for like with say Valencia and there’s no reason to. Huge money to play in a weak Scottish league?

But it would piss the deidies right aff.

So am not totally against it ??

Piss them off till they rot. Their awready deid.

I think our finances could take a bit more.

Fk me a spend more than lawwell.

I think spending ‘Huge’ is the wrong way to go about things.

The frustrations understandable but before we spend anything we have to cut down that huge wage bill we have on sub standard players, some of which are BR buys.

Plus, what consitutes huge? We aren’t ever spending like for like with say Valencia and there’s no reason to. Huge money to play in a weak Scottish league?
When you look at Valencia last night they spent more on 1 player than we have in the Bank. That’s what’s meant by spending huge big outlay on players then you have big wages
We need to spend decent money like Burke and Weah. But they’re Loanees. So better recruitment young talent we can attack at will but even in Scotland we defend like amateurs.
We won’t and can’t spend big as we have no Billionaire’s to find extra spending on the team. ? So we’ll have a healthy bank balance
Which means the CEO gets bigger bonuses than we spend on players in the last window.
So only my opinion we were shite last night
But if we only want to be a big fish in a small bowl onwards and upwards 10 in a row beats the the Zombies. But no one outside Scotia gives a fuck. All were know for in Europe is the Fans and the atmosphere. How long will that last if we get pumped on a regular basis.
I don’t have the answers or the Soloutions
But after watching that last night it hurts me and sadly it hurts the Club I like you love.
More than life itself. Celtic till I die.
But better players please PL cheque book oot.

HH ☘️

When you look at Valencia last night they spent more on 1 player than we have in the Bank. That’s what’s meant by spending huge big outlay on players then you have big wages
We need to spend decent money like Burke and Weah. But they’re Loanees. So better recruitment young talent we can attack at will but even in Scotland we defend like amateurs.
We won’t and can’t spend big as we have no Billionaire’s to find extra spending on the team. ? So we’ll have a healthy bank balance
Which means the CEO gets bigger bonuses than we spend on players in the last window.
So only my opinion we were shite last night
But if we only want to be a big fish in a small bowl onwards and upwards 10 in a row beats the the Zombies. But no one outside Scotia gives a fuck. All were know for in Europe is the Fans and the atmosphere. How long will that last if we get pumped on a regular basis.
I don’t have the answers or the Soloutions
But after watching that last night it hurts me and sadly it hurts the Club I like you love.
More than life itself. Celtic till I die.
But better players please PL cheque book oot.

HH ☘️

Again though, as much as I’m with you, what are we looking for?

Realistically we aren’t winning a European competition with the quality of teams in them and the money they’re spending.

As you have said, they’ve spend more on 1 player than our whole team. They also play in a much better, more competitive league.

If we spent 24m on a player who is playing against dross most weeks, will that really be sustainable?

Weah / Burke may be loans at the moment but I think that is the quality of player we are after. At the moment, other than defence, who else would you be shipping off for these better players?

I think we need to rethink our tactical plan on European nights. We have done better with less valued players in previous years.

Again though, as much as I’m with you, what are we looking for?

Realistically we aren’t winning a European competition with the quality of teams in them and the money they’re spending.

As you have said, they’ve spend more on 1 player than our whole team. They also play in a much better, more competitive league.

If we spent 24m on a player who is playing against dross most weeks, will that really be sustainable?

Weah / Burke may be loans at the moment but I think that is the quality of player we are after. At the moment, other than defence, who else would you be shipping off for these better players?

I think we need to rethink our tactical plan on European nights. We have done better with less valued players in previous years.
Well if we’re spending 24mill we could buy 5 players 2 CHs, 1 right back, midfielder/ brownies replacement and a playmaker all 4/5 mill each that’s what I mean by decent money we got Hartson for 6 million. So they are out there. But need the recruiting dept to up its game. And agree we won’t win a European comp but we can be regulars at the big table.

HH ☘️

Well if we’re spending 24mill we could buy 5 players 2 CHs, 1 right back, midfielder/ brownies replacement and a playmaker all 4/5 mill each that’s what I mean by decent money we got Hartson for 6 million. So they are out there. But need the recruiting dept to up its game. And agree we won’t win a European comp but we can be regulars at the big table.

HH ☘️

I agree. Many a time I’ve thought back on teams we’ve had that have really given a great showing in Europe against the big guns.

This was teams that included Hooper and McDonald...while now we have a 9m striker yet give performances like last night.

I think our whole defence is horrific and does need re-done. I think Midfield we should be fine if we use the players we have to their full potential but Brown should slowly be phased out. Can still be good as back up and certain games for player resting.

Regardless though, with the squad we have, we should be giving a better account of ourselves.

We work 4 on 4 off great being on but work 26 weekends a year. So being on is shite
But the guys a work with all rip da pish great banter. Makes it pass.

HH ☘️

Sounds like a warehouse or depot.

My fella works out in bathgate. Doesnt do 4 in 4 but has worked for companies that do.

Members online

Latest posts

Back