VAR watch.

Notice how hunscene shows the cannon and remembrance Sunday show at ibrokes but nowhere else?
Not yet anyway.

The irony of using the Poppy , a symbol of two imperialist wars, both started by the British Empire to ensure their domination of the opium trade route,
As a peace symbol is something only the British could come out with and present it to the world as a symbol of peace and reflection , rest of the world all standing there holding up a mirror.

Wouldnt be surprised if the old cannon was fired at a chinese junket in its day.

The old junket boats that carried all the opium in their stores below deck.
The reason for the use of the word " junkie " .
Take a bow the British Empire, no empire has fucked things so much as that empire.

Last edited:
Listen to the video from the SFA explaining exactly what VARs criteria is.
No1 is to assist the Referee with straight RED card decisions.
It also says that THE FINAL DECISION (for all incidents) is the on pitch referee.
So WHY dosent the referee go to the monitor to view goals ruled out as offside by VAR for himself if he's the one with the final decision?
Do they not realise how much of a contradiction that statement IS?

Read this bollox and weep...

Somebody made a comment on another Celtic forum's chat that VAR would be useful in one way. There will be a record of the appalling decisions made which contradict video evidence. Maybe this thread can have them all recorded and then the clips can be collated at some point and presented to whoever might be able to do something with it (could UEFA do anything about our refereeing?).

It would be good if the board could grow a collective pair before this and actually call out some decisions.

I have just seen the non awarded penalty to Hearts last night. Contrasted with the decision given against Celtic on Saturday, I can reach only one conclusion. Corruption. Is the CEO and the Celtic Board going to sit back, and allow our club and supporters to be treated like this ? Our CEO is from a legal background. Surely he can see it is blatant discrimination. If not, then it is gross incompetence. Either way he has a fidicuary duty to protect Celtic and its interests. Sitting on his hands, with his mouth super glued will not solve the issue.
He needs to take immediate action, otherwise it will continue. I suggest, that a starting point for him, would be to push for independent, non Scottish officials to operate the VAR system in the SPFL. I do not think that would be an unreasonable request, if the SFA want VAR to operate as it should, and gain the confidence of all supporters.

Before VAR came to Scotland, I said it would be the worse thing to happen to Scottish football since the survival lie was born...I stand by that comment.

Some people on the noise believed it would or could be a good thing. "It will bring transparency to the game"...."refs will be made to explain themselves"

Now we have all seen exactly how it will be used, and how the refs can do what they want with their new toy, without scrutiny (even from our board), is everyone now on board with me.

VAR will, I repeat, it WILL cost us in the future. A loss to the scum or worse, a loss in a cup. Our clubs silence will make sure of it.

A beautiful goal by Jota to give us a 2 goal lead is ruled out for offside. Fortunately VAR checked it but decided this A beautiful goal by Jota to give us a 2 goal lead is ruled out for offside. Fortunately VAR checked it but decided this is indeed offside!!!! 🤬

View attachment 20837
I've been watching some of the rugby league World cup and they have cameras that run the length of the pitch on both sides,similar but smaller than the cameras used in athletics for sprinters and these keeps up with play surely something like this would be better than the home movies there using just now

It is being reported that Celtic are seeking clarification from the SFA regarding the farcical situation surrounding the controversial chalking off of Jota's goal.

I guess it is a start but we should have gone all guns blazing last night after a conveyor belt of shite decisions against us in the last few weeks.

Do not be fobbed off and go for the jugular. No backing down. No forelock tugging and shuffling to the back of the bus. Get tore into the cheating, corrupt bassas!

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back