VAR. Why the delay?

Brimcbhoy

So I read a few articles about the introduction of VAR half way through the season after the World Cup. It was pointed out there will be arguments with Managers etc saying, 'oh if that had happened in the first have of the season it would/wouldn't have been given', well maybe so but it will be the same for all of us (well maybe not one club).
The thing is why is it taking so long? On their site the SPFL give this explanation..
The introduction of VAR after the World Cup will allow for the necessary upgrades and installations at all cinch Premiership stadia, including fibre.
I mean theres only 12 clubs and I'm pretty sure ourselves and theRangers are equipped and ready to go as well as a couple of others. And whats that pish add on including fibre How long does it take to get fibre installed in your house? 8 months? (Ok I know if its not in your street you cant get it)
I dont know why its taking so long, but I smell shite.

The first half of the season, without VAR, will be used as training for the MiB. The refs that aren't involved in the match will get together in a room somewhere and watch the matches play out. They will then write a whole set of new rules on how the game should be played and officiated in Scotland.
This, ofcourse, will be done to benefit one club. Certain shoulder tackles will become fouls. Certain 50/50 headers will become fouls. When the new rules are written and the refs are happy with what they can get away with...they will then take time to get their reasoning and excuses right for certain incidents, they won't want another Dougie Dougie situation. This will just be a contingency plan incase a sky pundit or scottish reporter goes off script and points out any glaring mistakes (this is unlikely to happen). The many, many, many ex hun pundits will know what they should and shouldn't discuss at half time and full time....no different from how they commentate on matches at the moment, so nothing much will change for moron pundits like Walker, Boyd and McCoist.
VAR will be used as a weapon against very single club, apart from 1, in Scotland. The build up to every goal which hinders them will be scrutinised. Every 50/50 challenge in the box that can benefit them will be scrutinised. The "penalty rangers" button at sky will have to be renewed every couple of weeks due to ware and tear!!
Unless the whole ref setup in Scotland is changed then VAR will only be a bad thing for every single team bar 1......IMO.

So I read a few articles about the introduction of VAR half way through the season after the World Cup. It was pointed out there will be arguments with Managers etc saying, 'oh if that had happened in the first have of the season it would/wouldn't have been given', well maybe so but it will be the same for all of us (well maybe not one club).
The thing is why is it taking so long? On their site the SPFL give this explanation..
The introduction of VAR after the World Cup will allow for the necessary upgrades and installations at all cinch Premiership stadia, including fibre.
I mean theres only 12 clubs and I'm pretty sure ourselves and theRangers are equipped and ready to go as well as a couple of others. And whats that pish add on including fibre How long does it take to get fibre installed in your house? 8 months? (Ok I know if its not in your street you cant get it)
They are needing to upgrade the fibre to the main VAR control hub in the bogs of the Louden Tavern.

will the bigotdome be excluded as they wont want to call it a cinch premiership stadium...hmmm legal battles ahead

Seen somwhere yesterday its only gonny be a limited version....i mean wit does that even mean???

I think they are only going to look at situations in the box....which again will result in loads of penalties to one team. And loads of disallowed goals to lots of other teams. Any pull shove or barge will be spotted.....but only when it benefits sevco.

Its gonny be a fuckin embarresment innit 😱

I think it will completely ruin the game in scotland. The saying "if you're good enough the refs don't matter" will go right out the window. At the moment, there are situations where the refs are powerless to stop us without showing how corrupt they are. Look at Hatates 1st goal against the scum. Madhun was standing with his lineman and listening to his earpiece, absolutely desperate to find a reason to chalk off the goal but he couldn't and the goal stood. Now bring VAR into the equation and it would have been easy for him. They would have found a little shove or pull on a jersey and used it. Little incidents that happen 100% of the time during corners and freekicks in the box can be flagged up and used when ever needed......and the refs can be as selective as they want cause who's going to pull them up on it?? Who do they answer to?? And the hundits will back them to the hilt. Boyd will say "right there!! Obvious pull on the Jersey".....or....."you can see why the ref hasn't given it, there's not enough in that for me"

I think it will completely ruin the game in scotland. The saying "if you're good enough the refs don't matter" will go right out the window. At the moment, there are situations where the refs are powerless to stop us without showing how corrupt they are. Look at Hatates 1st goal against the scum. Madhun was standing with his lineman and listening to his earpiece, absolutely desperate to find a reason to chalk off the goal but he couldn't and the goal stood. Now bring VAR into the equation and it would have been easy for him. They would have found a little shove or pull on a jersey and used it. Little incidents that happen 100% of the time during corners and freekicks in the box can be flagged up and used when ever needed......and the refs can be as selective as they want cause who's going to pull them up on it?? Who do they answer to?? And the hundits will back them to the hilt. Boyd will say "right there!! Obvious pull on the Jersey".....or....."you can see why the ref hasn't given it, there's not enough in that for me"
Ano but the hundits need to remember its a contact sport theres always wee tugs at shirts in the box but as long as u dont hold on or actually stop the players momentum but all that wont matter to pieface boyd and the rest of the muppets it took the epl a couple of years to get settled on a set of rules and regs its gonny be chaos up here with the huns getting cheated narrative turned upto 100 not looking forward to it

it's simple just the same as the huns get an easy run of fixtures at the start of every season ,gather the points get as many penaltys and no red cards then introduce var ,which nobody knows who's running it ,what the perameters are ,and they never need to explain any decision

it's gonna be a shit show there's no need to lay fibre at ibrox as var will never be used there ,,,,,that is untill we go and hammer them

Ano but the hundits need to remember its a contact sport theres always wee tugs at shirts in the box but as long as u dont hold on or actually stop the players momentum but all that wont matter to pieface boyd and the rest of the muppets it took the epl a couple of years to get settled on a set of rules and regs its gonny be chaos up here with the huns getting cheated narrative turned upto 100 not looking forward to it

Remember moreorless dive against Dundee, I think. It was 1-0 Dundee or 1-1. Anyway...the fat Colombian throws himself to the ground, after backing in and holding the defender. Everybody could see it was a dive....apart from the ref, was it beathun??
Then, come half time, you expect a bit of scrutiny. They hundits could watch it 10000000 times and see the truth....what does boyd do? Rather than call it out for what it was he says......"Well if its a penalty the Dundee player needs to be red carded"......what he should have done is call out the poor decision and the dive. Instead he doubles down and calls for a red!!! And that's all that will happen with VAR.

The first half of the season, without VAR, will be used as training for the MiB. The refs that aren't involved in the match will get together in a room somewhere and watch the matches play out. They will then write a whole set of new rules on how the game should be played and officiated in Scotland.
This, ofcourse, will be done to benefit one club. Certain shoulder tackles will become fouls. Certain 50/50 headers will become fouls. When the new rules are written and the refs are happy with what they can get away with...they will then take time to get their reasoning and excuses right for certain incidents, they won't want another Dougie Dougie situation. This will just be a contingency plan incase a sky pundit or scottish reporter goes off script and points out any glaring mistakes (this is unlikely to happen). The many, many, many ex hun pundits will know what they should and shouldn't discuss at half time and full time....no different from how they commentate on matches at the moment, so nothing much will change for moron pundits like Walker, Boyd and McCoist.
VAR will be used as a weapon against very single club, apart from 1, in Scotland. The build up to every goal which hinders them will be scrutinised. Every 50/50 challenge in the box that can benefit them will be scrutinised. The "penalty rangers" button at sky will have to be renewed every couple of weeks due to ware and tear!!
Unless the whole ref setup in Scotland is changed then VAR will only be a bad thing for every single team bar 1......IMO.

And an extremely valid and concise opinion it is too...

Absolutely spot on Lubo...

TV companies covering games all over Scotland can show replays instantaneously…how do they do it without fibre?

Only 2 or 3 refs in Scotland are trained to use VAR. So that's probably the main reason. They need to train these guys up

Back