Victory to the resistance

All im saying, and i think 8881 was saying in his original post is, do we watch a game of football to WATCH a game of football or do we want a party political broadcast from the GB, as they see it?
They are one corner of the ground, what about everybody else? Are we supposed to agree with their political views cos they shove it in everyone's face?
A club open to ALL? Fucking disny sound like it.

Regardless of the situation it has no place at Celtic park.....green brigade are in the wrong regardless what anyone says.....it has nothing to do with Celtic we are not a political party ....green brigade should have got train to the embassy instead of the match to protest .....made a cunt of Celtic on Saturday for a cause no one on here or at Celtic park understands fully.......it's different situation than Ireland during the troubles
I would disagree with what you say about noone on here understanding what's going on there. There's a fair few people on here have a good grasp of what's happening there. And you're probably right to a certain extent about it being a different situation to what happened in the six counties. Its a lot worse, if you're Palestinian.

That Victory to the resistance banner at Celtic park was in poor taste and is completely different to the free Palestine campaign. . especially after the Hamas attacks over the week with innocent civilians have been killed....Israel government are cunts we know this already but Hamas are cunts too.....go to Israel embassy in london and protest or go to Gaza and march the streets but it has no place at Celtic park ....it's a complicated situation that know one at Celtic park including me can fully understand....and People who held up the banners half of them couldn't find Palestine on a map.......that's not me in support of Israel far from it but that banner over weekend doesn't do club in favours......and that attack at weekend will sadly mean more deaths in Palestine and Israel
I hear what you're saying but Palestine has been under Israeli rule from afar. The Palestine people took a decision to attack. It won't end well no how .u have I agree with them.

All im saying, and i think 8881 was saying in his original post is, do we watch a game of football to WATCH a game of football or do we want a party political broadcast from the GB, as they see it?
They are one corner of the ground, what about everybody else? Are we supposed to agree with their political views cos they shove it in everyone's face?
A club open to ALL? Fucking disny sound like it.
Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, they have achieved their objective. They've brought the world of sports attention to a horrible situation that people otherwise were turning a blind eye to it.
Mission accomplished I would say.

Having said what i have I do sympathise with the people of
Palestine. The British government created the problem with the Balfour Declaration (look it up) since then its been a land grab by Israel.
Lets not forget the Israelis were the 'terrorists' in the late 40's early 50's and bombed the UK out of the country.
I know, but whats it got to do with US?

Regardless of whether you agree with them or not, they have achieved their objective. They've brought the world of sports attention to a horrible situation that people otherwise were turning a blind eye to it.
Mission accomplished I would say.
Definitely horrible situation made worse when hamas decided to butcher civilians at a concert.....and going to cause more deaths to poor innocent civilians in the Gaza strip..... anyway regardless of our opinions was it got to do with Celtic football club?.....free Palestine banners is different from the weekend that was in support of the actions of Hamas at the weekend (anyway it has nothing to do with Celtic regardless of our opinions)

Last edited:
I would disagree with what you say about noone on here understanding what's going on there. There's a fair few people on here have a good grasp of what's happening there. And you're probably right to a certain extent about it being a different situation to what happened in the six counties. Its a lot worse, if you're Palestinian.
Unless someone from here has stayed in the west bank or Gaza then they won't fully understand mate....

Whether we like it or not Hamas won the last election in Palestine. Former US President Jimmy Carter was of the UN election monitors who said they were fair and free elections. Israel promptly arrested the Hamas MPs and the BBC reported that Hamas ”seized power”.
Most of the Palestinians elected representatives are still held without charge or trial.

This is only going to get worse. The GB will be making a TIFO as we speak, we will get fined massively, will they pay it? Not a chance.

Whether we like it or not Hamas won the last election in Palestine. Former US President Jimmy Carter was of the UN election monitors who said they were fair and free elections. Israel promptly arrested the Hamas MPs and the BBC reported that Hamas ”seized power”.
Most of the Palestinians elected representatives are still held without charge or trial.
Hitler won an 'election' in '33. Fucks that one up.

This is a difficult one,
We live in a country of free speech yet at times can’t accept free speech.
The GB are a bunch of young boys mixed in with some older heads and they’re Celtic daft and at times daft. They do a lot of good too but the thinking behind them is not too clever at times.
my old man says the other day to me sometimes people need to remember themselves at that age. You behave differently when your young, you want to take on the world. You protest whereas when your older, you change the channel.
There were very few complaints when they showed solidarity with Palestine a few years ago and very little criticism. The timing of Saturday was crass and stupid to say the least. A few seasons ago was solidarity and rightly so, Saturday was akin to glorifying some horrific acts that none of us want to see.
In these situations it’s always the innocent that are the victims and it’s been like that since time began.
But akin to the Troubles replace UK govt with Israel and IRA with Palestinians.
The other thing to remember is the circumstances on how Celtic came into existence. We were formed to help the ‘oppressed’ and its in our DNA. I’d rather politics didn’t come into Celtic Park, but I’m nearly 50 now, go back 30 years and i’d give you a different answer.
I can only speak for myself, but I’d have a cheek to ask someone not to do what I did when I was there age. Sometimes if we look close enough you can see a younger version of ourselves in these kids

This is a difficult one,
We live in a country of free speech yet at times can’t accept free speech.
The GB are a bunch of young boys mixed in with some older heads and they’re Celtic daft and at times daft. They do a lot of good too but the thinking behind them is not too clever at times.
my old man says the other day to me sometimes people need to remember themselves at that age. You behave differently when your young, you want to take on the world. You protest whereas when your older, you change the channel.
There were very few complaints when they showed solidarity with Palestine a few years ago and very little criticism. The timing of Saturday was crass and stupid to say the least. A few seasons ago was solidarity and rightly so, Saturday was akin to glorifying some horrific acts that none of us want to see.
In these situations it’s always the innocent that are the victims and it’s been like that since time began.
But akin to the Troubles replace UK govt with Israel and IRA with Palestinians.
The other thing to remember is the circumstances on how Celtic came into existence. We were formed to help the ‘oppressed’ and its in our DNA. I’d rather politics didn’t come into Celtic Park, but I’m nearly 50 now, go back 30 years and i’d give you a different answer.
I can only speak for myself, but I’d have a cheek to ask someone not to do what I did when I was there age. Sometimes if we look close enough you can see a younger version of ourselves in these kids
Why should we be the conscience of the world?

Back