Victory to the resistance

I appreciate that everyone has an opinion on the subject and everyone has a right to that opinion. But i do wish people wouldn't fall out with one another because of their difference of opinion.

Don't think people are falling out over it. Just some like myself think the GB went too far this time.

As you said in an earlier post, the full horror of the attack wasn't clear on Saturday afternoon. However when it did become clear the GB could -and in my opinion should- have issued a statment reinforcing their commitment to Palestine whilst at the same time condemning the barabarity of the weekends attack.

As far as I'm aware they still haven't done that.
So do they support the deliberate killing of women and children?
Or are the not man enough to addmit that on this occasion they got it wrong ?

Look, if you don’t want to read the Celtic Star article I linked to that’s entirely your choice. I’m not bothered either way.

I’m not sure though, why you felt the need to suggest I would be personally insulted by you not reading it. Where did I give that impression?

It’s along similar lines as your comment to tommybhoy, isn’t it? Where you stated “ But i do wish people wouldn't fall out with one another because of their difference of opinion.”

I bring this up, as rightly or wrongly, some may think you’re looking to create unrest or to stir things up by such comments.

In the meantime let’s all wait and see how long it takes the SMSM and the rabids to come along to endeavour to influence opinion…

(btw the rave was an idf rave attended by people who were reservists or who had just finished their service plus some of their friends)
I haven't been able to find any confirmation that this was an IDF event mainly for reservists and ex service, have you got a link for this.

Although having said that, as virtualy all Israeli citizens have to do national service I'd expect a lot of people at the concert would have served at some stage, but I don't think that makes it an IDF event.

The well known saying about war is the first casualty of war is the truth.
The British empire know all about that causality.
That old imperialist Winston Churchill said history will look back on him favorably because he is writing his own history.
All I ask is the truth so I can make up my own mind, especially in politics, and take away the power that old evil Murdoch's power over the western world.
Government's in USA, UK & OZ are scared to go against his right wing views because he will use his vast media empire to get them thrown out.
It has pushed compassionate governments to the right, we have lost good people & end up with cowards who toe Murdoch's line at the cost of our elderly & disadvantaged especially who depend on the NHS.

No one is doubting that ....but hamas are murdering scumbags too ....Under the circumstances what is Hamas to do. After years and years of occupation killing of young Arabs men women children. Arabs thrown out of their homes to make way for Jews. Hamas have had enough. Now we wait and see f any of the worlds powers send in the military in this conflict. I'm sure that they will support Israel as it is the Jews who are never wrong. Take out Jewish money from America then you have no America.🇵🇸🇵🇸

That Victory to the resistance banner at Celtic park was in poor taste and is completely different to the free Palestine campaign. . especially after the Hamas attacks over the week with innocent civilians have been killed....Israel government are cunts we know this already but Hamas are cunts too.....go to Israel embassy in london and protest or go to Gaza and march the streets but it has no place at Celtic park ....it's a complicated situation that know one at Celtic park including me can fully understand....and People who held up the banners half of them couldn't find Palestine on a map.......that's not me in support of Israel far from it but that banner over weekend doesn't do club in favours......and that attack at weekend will sadly mean more deaths in Palestine and Israel
I think if you read
That Victory to the resistance banner at Celtic park was in poor taste and is completely different to the free Palestine campaign. . especially after the Hamas attacks over the week with innocent civilians have been killed....Israel government are cunts we know this already but Hamas are cunts too.....go to Israel embassy in london and protest or go to Gaza and march the streets but it has no place at Celtic park ....it's a complicated situation that know one at Celtic park including me can fully understand....and People who held up the banners half of them couldn't find Palestine on a map.......that's not me in support of Israel far from it but that banner over weekend doesn't do club in favours......and that attack at weekend will sadly mean more deaths in Palestine and Israel
I think if you read todays Celtic blog on the statement by St Pauli supporters it would have been a much better had something similar been said by the green brigade. Again like many of us I think that the actions of both Hamas and the Israeli govt, should be condemned and the fact that the club is trying to walk a fine line, remembering that Uefa will use any excuse to issue fines to the club should be remembered. Let us hope that there are no more deaths on both sides. HH.

I think if you read

I think if you read todays Celtic blog on the statement by St Pauli supporters it would have been a much better had something similar been said by the green brigade. Again like many of us I think that the actions of both Hamas and the Israeli govt, should be condemned and the fact that the club is trying to walk a fine line, remembering that Uefa will use any excuse to issue fines to the club should be remembered. Let us hope that there are no more deaths on both sides. HH.
Here is the St Pauli supporters' statement for those who have not seen it.

1697039628568.png

However when it did become clear the GB could -and in my opinion should- have issued a statment reinforcing their commitment to Palestine whilst at the same time condemning the barabarity of the weekends attack.

As far as I'm aware they still haven't done that.
So do they support the deliberate killing of women and children?
Or are the not man enough to addmit that on this occasion they got it wrong ?

I agree wholly with the first paragraph and and on the second i would hope that its a case of them not being man enough simply because the thought of having among our fan base people who support such things would be simply too horrific to contemplate.

I see the club has been charged again for the Lazio game.

I haven't been able to find any confirmation that this was an IDF event mainly for reservists and ex service, have you got a link for this.

Although having said that, as virtualy all Israeli citizens have to do national service I'd expect a lot of people at the concert would have served at some stage, but I don't think that makes it an IDF event.

This is one where i ask you to take my word on it..or not. These raves are not advertised but i do know through someone who has attended at least one of the raves that they happen at least twice a year, the other being at purim. Maybe though i was slightly off saying it was an 'idf event' but it is certainly young idf conscripts who organise and run them. From what i know people who are not idf have to be vetted about a month before the event and the exact location is only revealed between 1-3 days before the event depending on the exact location.

Look, if you don’t want to read the Celtic Star article I linked to that’s entirely your choice. I’m not bothered either way.

I’m not sure though, why you felt the need to suggest I would be personally insulted by you not reading it. Where did I give that impression?

It’s along similar lines as your comment to tommybhoy, isn’t it? Where you stated “ But i do wish people wouldn't fall out with one another because of their difference of opinion.”

I bring this up, as rightly or wrongly, some may think you’re looking to create unrest or to stir things up by such comments.

In the meantime let’s all wait and see how long it takes the SMSM and the rabids to come along to endeavour to influence opinion…

It's cool. I went and read it anyway...and yes it was overall a pretty decent piece, i just jumped the gun a little to begin with.

The discussion about lighting the Wembley Arch in the Isreali colours is in poor taste, IMO.
London has all faiths and nationalities....and Wembley has a huge Muslim population. They don't all support Hamas, but I imagine they are feeling the pain of their innocent Muslim brothers and sisters in the Gaza strip.

Apparently the North of Isreal is under attack from Lebanon.
I've had my doubts as to how those murdering bastards could get through in such numbers at the weekend when the area is known to be locked down pretty tightly.
I read at the weekend the were strikes by Israel in border areas of Lebanon and thought that strange at the time. Now it seems they are retaliating. If surrounding countries get involved this is going to escalate rapidly which is maybe what Hamas wanted...

The discussion about lighting the Wembley Arch in the Isreali colours is in poor taste, IMO.
London has all faiths and nationalities....and Wembley has a huge Muslim population. They don't all support Hamas, but I imagine they are feeling the pain of their innocent Muslim brothers and sisters in the Gaza strip.
If they are lighting up anything, it should be both flags side by side, both countries have suffered this last week

Noam Chomskys book The Fateful Triangle- Israel, The Palestinians and the U.S. is a cracking book and covers everything. Chomsky is the son of Rabbi and lived on a Kibbutz in Israel. The book is fully referenced and has links to original documents.
I have a PDF version that I might be able to copy. If anyone wants a good read PM me and I will try and e mail it to ye,

Another cracking book by Chomsky is Manufacturing Consent, how the media Manufactures Consent for whatever the Government plans to do to us or others.

Back