Viewing streams

Vigobhoy

For only the fourth or fifth time in the last 20 years I was unable to watch the game yesterday. What annoys me is the greed involved. Celtic had a home attendance of 60,000 yesterday (official <59,000) and they are guaranteed those numbers most home games because of the season ticket sales (revenue paid in advance) and yet they spend real money in aggressive attempts to block fans who are unable to attend in person due to a variety of circumstances which might be financial or location or illness or many other reasons. Before anybody suggests that living outside of UK is covered by Celtic TV let me suggest that the idea of paying for something which, until recently looked like it was being broadcast by somebody using a box Brownie. Don't get me started on the commentary... Although it was an inconvenience to me yesterday after the International debacle which ate into our season. I was looking forward to getting back to the real business.
I am thinking less about myself. Consider a pensioner living in Scotland or Ireland who is unable to attend due to ill health or simply because of living on a fixed income and the costs involved with attending a game EVEN IF HE WAS ABLE TO BUY A TICKET TO A SOLD OUT GAME???.
I understand that the board like the idea of full attendances at Celtic Park yet despite the guaranteed gate figures they make a concerted effort to 'block' streams and I imagine that is not an inexpensive exercise.
To me, the whole idea is PETTY and typical.

Personally I don't think having streams available would make a blind bit of difference to the attendance at CP, i can see how it would affect subscriptions to CTV but as you say not every fan can afford that outlay every month. Relaxing the clampdown on streams would be the decent thing to do imo, it's not as though we need the income of CTV to keep the club afloat.

For only the fourth or fifth time in the last 20 years I was unable to watch the game yesterday. What annoys me is the greed involved. Celtic had a home attendance of 60,000 yesterday (official <59,000) and they are guaranteed those numbers most home games because of the season ticket sales (revenue paid in advance) and yet they spend real money in aggressive attempts to block fans who are unable to attend in person due to a variety of circumstances which might be financial or location or illness or many other reasons. Before anybody suggests that living outside of UK is covered by Celtic TV let me suggest that the idea of paying for something which, until recently looked like it was being broadcast by somebody using a box Brownie. Don't get me started on the commentary... Although it was an inconvenience to me yesterday after the International debacle which ate into our season. I was looking forward to getting back to the real business.
I am thinking less about myself. Consider a pensioner living in Scotland or Ireland who is unable to attend due to ill health or simply because of living on a fixed income and the costs involved with attending a game EVEN IF HE WAS ABLE TO BUY A TICKET TO A SOLD OUT GAME???.
I understand that the board like the idea of full attendances at Celtic Park yet despite the guaranteed gate figures they make a concerted effort to 'block' streams and I imagine that is not an inexpensive exercise.
Aye its bullshit dont get the whole outside the uk shite at all as stated above the gate moneys garenteed so wits the problem??

I have written - alright , MOANED - about this recently . I could see the point if there was a finance stream that could be encouraged to take up subscription to Celtic TV , but the only people suffering are those supporters in Scotland/UK .
I would gladly subscribe to 'Tic TV if it meant seeing the live games at Celtic Park - but we are excluded .
So this banning of live streams amounts to , in my honest opinion , a petty decision from a money grubber - Lawwell !

HH

TBF, It costs a fair bit of money to run Celtic TV which is barely covered by subscriptions...I , like most on here, use the illegal streams to watch all my sport but I would happily pay the subscription fee for CTV if it wasn't such an amateurish shit show at times

Agree with above. If I lived in scotland still I would be trying to go to every game I could. I travelled to cardiff a few years back for a friendly and also went to watch Celtic play brentford in london. I've had my wee girl down to woking to watch the development squad play athletico bilbao on a rainy night. If I had the chance to pay to watch Celtic TV in Surrey i would. The blocking of the streams is a pain in the arse. I know their illegal but Lawwell doesnt give fans like me any other opportunity of seeing the bhoys play!!!

Agree with above. If I lived in scotland still I would be trying to go to every game I could. I travelled to cardiff a few years back for a friendly and also went to watch Celtic play brentford in london. I've had my wee girl down to woking to watch the development squad play athletico bilbao on a rainy night. If I had the chance to pay to watch Celtic TV in Surrey i would. The blocking of the streams is a pain in the arse. I know their illegal but Lawwell doesnt give fans like me any other opportunity of seeing the bhoys play!!!
I`m with you on that Lubes,I would pay for CTV for the games. but I wont pay sky or bt. cunts!!

The problem is that regulations don't allow live coverage of 3pm kickoffs and Celtic would only potentially be left with little revenue from other kick off times. Let's not forget this is a business as much as a football club and Mr. Lawell would squirm at the idea.
I do sympathise with the fans that for one reason or another cannot attend.
HH🍀

The problem is that regulations don't allow live coverage of 3pm kickoffs and Celtic would only potentially be left with little revenue from other kick off times. Let's not forget this is a business as much as a football club and Mr. Lawell would squirm at the idea.
I do sympathise with the fans that for one reason or another cannot attend.
HH🍀
Perhaps a delayed broadcast of the match would be an answer?

A VPN would enable you to watch CELTIC TV IN UK and Ireland

Back