"Virtual" package for ST holders only?

If the stadium is filled with ST holders then we could do with a bigger stadium. Build it and they will come. Success will fill it. It will guarantee success for generations to come.

I'm sure I read some board analysis about this issue around a decade ago. The suggestion was Celtic have 50,000 season ticket-holders partly because there's such demand for tickets. If we have a 70-80,000 seater stadium then it would be easier to get tickets on a match-by-match basis and some may not feel the need to invest in a season ticket. That's the economic/psychological argument, not mine. I don't know how accurate it is.

If I was in charge of Celtic I'd make sure we had the biggest stadium in the world and we'd still have KT, Virgil, Victor and Moussa on 10 year contracts. I've never even successfully run a raffle, though!

Average attendance at Celtic park after we won the first nine in a stadium with a capacity to hold 70,000 fans

Average Attendance - Season-by-Season
SEASONAVERAGE ATTENDANCE
1974-7522,775
1975-7628,066
1976-7728,063
1977-7829,568

I wonder how accurate those figures are, though. I wasn't around at the time but my uncles tell me there were often two or three times the reported numbers in attendance.

Aneewayz u :D dafty! nuffin haz changd 4 doze like u hu (r not in uk or Ireland) n had/hav no good reazon 2 not support Celtic and pay 4 Celtic TV bcoz u cud get all matches live.

U in d usa had access 2 all live matches wiv Celtic TV 4 years, all u had 2 do woz b a credible Celtic fann pay ur way!

not a online warrior gobbyshite superfanzine hu writz as if hes supported d club 4 years.

Why can’t I see live video, I have the right subscription?

Live video is only available from outside the UK, Ireland, Channel Islands and Isle of Man, if you are outside these areas please visit www.whatismyip.com and email us at webhelp@celticfc.com with the result so we can investigate and resolve the issue.

979DFB99-9122-4ACB-904A-9672C8E69509.jpeg

When the team is winning then attendances soar. A winning team could fill a 70,000 seat stadium but a losing team would not. There is a diehard core of Win, Lose or Draw supporters but I suspect that's only about 30,000. Every Celtic fan wants to share in the Decima season and the value of a ST is that you get a guaranteed seat in Paradise and access to LC SC and Euro tickets. The main reason to renovate the Main Stand however is not to increase the seating but to bring it up to 21st century standard. If modernisation plans have not been drawn already then the board is negligent. The perfect time to have started this work was in late March and we would be 3 months into it. Prior preparation is crucial. I was stating here that NZ could be a sporting haven for world sport and that if teams wanted to take advantage of this they should prepare. I was correct. Professional rugby with fans in attendance is already happening. The NBA will apparently recommence in Disney Wold Florida and not in Auckland. We were too timid to approach them. We cannot just let the Main stand age and already the media area is European substandard. The Bunnet would agree with me. Just do it.

There will never be the right time. There will never be the perfect time. It's easy to see the problems and opt to do nothing. The problems are truly huge but are not insurmountable. All I really want is a 'shovel ready' option that is drawn up and consented and ready to go. That's a prudent first step.

Nothing wrong with future planning,get plans drawn up,costed,and when we start getting some form of income,see how feasible the plan is,bit like the hotel we were going to build,now on hold due to the current uncertainty and financial situation.

Most businesses operate on a day to day basis. Responding to the daily challenges. I tend to not assume that the future will be more of the same. The past does not predict the future. Every decision should be based on whether it advances the club. The whole point of the club is surely to win and not just to participate. Here's a purely theoretical question. If offered a place today in the EPL Premiership for next season would you take it or stay for the possibility of 10IAR in Scotland? Money or Glory?

There will be no offer of a place in the EPL,we're here for 10 in a row, which requires money to be spent on the squad,not infrastructure, to make sure we achieve it

I agree it would be aesthetically pleasing on the eye and desirable to upgrade the main stand and increase our capacity. But as it has been pointed out that may not be financially sensible to go down that route - especially in today's economic circumstances. I think our financial focus should be on the pitch (but may be on heated driveways 😉) for the next few years.

Members online

Latest posts

Back