We are all Neil Lennon

michael duffy

Great piece by James Forrest,on the Celtic blog, regarding Neil Lennon,well worth a visit bhoys and ghirls,hope (the much denigrated,by some even on this site!) the green brigade have something lined up for tomorrow! HH we are all Neil Lennon

Absolute scandal,in any other country in the world there would be uproar about whats been happening to Neil Lennon but not Scotland,boy am I glad I left 40 odd year ago,knew I would not get a fair crack of the whip,went to the wrong school.

Hugh Keevins ( on Clyde One ) said tonight that Neil Lennon's threat to quit Scotland was allowing the bigots to win , and urged him to stay .
Shortly afterwards , an avowed Rangers supporter came on and made the point that I was screaming at the radio : It's all very well for Keevins to say NL should stay but he does not have to endure the daily abuse and threats , he does not get the death threats , his family is not under the pressure that Neil's is .
I applauded this man's comments . Sadly , we know , that far too many of the Klan do not share his humanity .
For people like Keevins and his ilk in the SMSM to now come out in support of Neil Lennon is nothing short of utter hypocrisy ; they have never given the wholehearted support which he deserved over the many years of threats and abuse which have cascaded on to his head since signing for Celtic . At best they have been 'even-handed' when assaults have taken place , when death threats have been made . Even-handed ? How can you be even-handed when a member of a sub-species is threatening you and your family and your friends because of who you are ?
Too many people in the Scottish Media have shamed themselves and by extension shamed Scotland for far too long over their 'even-handed ' treatment of the poisonous weasels who have hounded , and continue , to hound Neil Lennon .

Hugh Keevins ( on Clyde One ) said tonight that Neil Lennon's threat to quit Scotland was allowing the bigots to win , and urged him to stay .
Shortly afterwards , an avowed Rangers supporter came on and made the point that I was screaming at the radio : It's all very well for Keevins to say NL should stay but he does not have to endure the daily abuse and threats , he does not get the death threats , his family is not under the pressure that Neil's is .
I applauded this man's comments . Sadly , we know , that far too many of the Klan do not share his humanity .
For people like Keevins and his ilk in the SMSM to now come out in support of Neil Lennon is nothing short of utter hypocrisy ; they have never given the wholehearted support which he deserved over the many years of threats and abuse which have cascaded on to his head since signing for Celtic . At best they have been 'even-handed' when assaults have taken place , when death threats have been made . Even-handed ? How can you be even-handed when a member of a sub-species is threatening you and your family and your friends because of who you are ?
Too many people in the Scottish Media have shamed themselves and by extension shamed Scotland for far too long over their 'even-handed ' treatment of the poisonous weasels who have hounded , and continue , to hound Neil Lennon .
Heard it but it’s a bit hard even for Kevin’s who I can’t stand when the CHEERLEADER is sitting glaring at him .ITS SCOTLAND. SHHHHhhh

Back when Lenny was boss at Paradise, I remember listening to a phone-in on Radio Scotland the night after an old firm match. The caller was complaining that the T.V. cameras kept panning to Lenny in the dugout and it spoiled his view of the football. He was asked if the rainjurzz manager was also filmed, the caller agreed that indeed he was but that he just hated seeing Lenny's face. The pundits didn't have to ask the caller who he supported. I suppose his face brought it on itself.

Back when Lenny was boss at Paradise, I remember listening to a phone-in on Radio Scotland the night after an old firm match. The caller was complaining that the T.V. cameras kept panning to Lenny in the dugout and it spoiled his view of the football. He was asked if the rainjurzz manager was also filmed, the caller agreed that indeed he was but that he just hated seeing Lenny's face. The pundits didn't have to ask the caller who he supported. I suppose his face brought it on itself.
Yep thing is why had no cunt said anything about Graham shinnies nose ? it’s affside when he’s defending a corner ??? sorry try to lighting it up

I'm 60.When I was young the bigots were all over the place....on both sides...but now it seems to be getting back to the bad old days again.When I was a teenager we blamed the hun parents but nowadays the parents (us) nowadays get the blame.
I am one of those parents who did his best for his son and daughter but when they get older they make up their own minds like I did all those years ago.I love Celtic but in no way would I cause problems at a game and my son who has been a ST holder for 20 years do the same.

Fantastic article by James - I live down south now and it’s impossible to describe the feeling to anyone outside the Glasgow/Scottish football bubble, they cannot understand it. My mum was a lawyer all her days interviewed for her first job back in the 70s.. asked what school she went to and was laughed out..,later met the interviewers socially through my dad and acted like they didn’t remember - but she did. That story was normal to her but moved me to tears, still stays with me

Totally get it mate my 87yr old da comes from Cavan noises me up and his grandsons about the hoops ??he loves them but came over here when he was a young man according to him built most of Glasgow but I I know he had to put up with anti Irish anti catholic shite and he had no cunt tae talk about it. But see this auld cogger never once did I hear rebel songs in my house and he should have been fukin blaring them .Maybe he was brought up right I don’t know maybe he BROUGHT IT ON HIMSELF??? arseholes

Neil Lennon will make his decision on quitting in his own time. Lenny I know must be sick to the back teeth how he has been treated in Scotland. It has never happened elsewhere and that my fellow times is the irony. Don't let them say he is always bringing it on himself. Did our forefathers bring it on themselves when they arrived in Glasgow no the hatred was already there. I for one don't see us as a progressive nation we are a going backwards and the cure is stamp out bigotry sectarianism racism. I hope one day all will be eradicated in my lifetime but I don't give much hope to my dreams. We are all Neil Lennon. HH ☘️

True, Ally we are going backwards but this time we should do everything in our power not to be downtrodden, not to be cowed and be proud of who we are.
I agree Sham time to stand up and not be downtrodden by those who think their better than us. Remember it takes time sometimes a generation.,but it is our time to take back control of our lives and let the world know no back of the bus. HH pal☘️

as a homage tae oor Sean "RAM it right intae they PHUQS do the mini huns ramorra,GIRFUT! phuqin treble treble!!!PMSL at the horde stevie g can get tae PHUQ! fuckin losers cannae handle the truth ,we're better than them, always have been always will be COYBIG! by order of Sean and the peaky phooqin blinders!!!

as a homage tae oor Sean "RAM it right intae they PHUQS do the mini huns ramorra,GIRFUT! phuqin treble treble!!!PMSL at the horde stevie g can get tae PHUQ! fuckin losers cannae handle the truth ,we're better than them, always have been always will be COYBIG! by order of Sean and the peaky phooqin blinders!!!
No worries MD 5 0 the morrow if not I'll be around tae drink yer Stella. ????

Back