We can all use a laugh

Another Bertie Auld classic story about the Lions win in Lisbon:

At the final whistle, it was noticed by the Press that several of us ran towards Ronnie Simpson, in the Celtic goal and gathered around him. Apart from the penalty, he'd had little to do, so a Reporter asked why they'd run over to Ronnie.

Auld looked at the Pressman, "Do you remember that picture of Nobby Stiles dancing round Wembley with the World Cup?". The Reporters nodded.

"Well, our wives told us in no uncertain terms that if we won, they didn't want to see us in the papers wi' nae teeth in!".

Ronnie Simpson had spent the whole of the second half with a cloth bag in the back of the goal containing five sets of dentures!!!

Last edited:
I remember Bertie telling the story about his conversation with a referee. Here ref, If I was to call you a bastard would you send me off? Yes, I would send you off. What if I thought you were bastard? Well I can’t send you off for thinking something. Well, I think you’re a bastard then!!

Bertie's best was when the teams were coming out together in the old glesga Derby.

Standing next to the greatest ever (πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚) rangers player ask.... Whits yir bonus ra day wee man??? Bertie says Β£6 Greg says... Well we're on Β£12 Bertie... Quick as a flash Bertie says... Aye but ours is guaranteed πŸ’šπŸ€πŸ’›

I don't know if this one has already been posted so apologies if it has. I heard it on ACSOM earlier.

Bertie Auld was signing books and he got to the last couple of guys standing around. He said to them, "Come and get your books signed."

"We're Rangers supporters".

"That's ok" retorted Bertie, "I won't do joined up writing for you."

Members online

Back