We need to talk about Jozo

TTQtKK⚠️

The big man doesn't half get it tight, he's getting a bit of mild stick in etims diary today, not for the first time, nor is the diary a lone voice.
I rate him and I'd definitely rather see him stay at the club. He's been a bit fragile but thought him and Ajer did well tail end of last season.

Last edited:
I think he's growing into a Celtic player. He has taken some time but his introduction back into the team showed what he can do, and he done it well. Far less mistakes that he was prone to do and also his positioning n timing have got lot sharper.
If we were going to buy him right now, we very probably couldn't afford him.
Fingers crossed he doesn't go backwards n becomes a real Celtic no.5

MON THE BIG JOZO FELLA ?

I think he's growing into a Celtic player. He has taken some time but his introduction back into the team showed what he can do, and he done it well. Far less mistakes that he was prone to do and also his positioning n timing have got lot sharper.
If we were going to buy him right now, we very probably couldn't afford him.
Fingers crossed he doesn't go backwards n becomes a real Celtic no.5

MON THE BIG JOZO FELLA ?
That's definitely another aspect of it. We just spent 7million on Jullien and we don't know what we have there yet. Trying to get another CB in would be at least the same.

Jozo has made far, far fewer mistakes for Celtic than the cowardly Boyata did. The fact that he played so rarely for us in recent years is a reminder that RoJudas had no idea whatsoever about defenders or how to organise them.

Aye, the big fella has winegums where he should have knee cartilage but if Lenny can manage that situation by not playing him on plastic pitches then we have a player who, as another poster said, we could not afford if we had to buy him now.

jurys still out on him for me to many injuries and lacked confidence under the rat.

Hope he keeps the form he has just now and improves it ,whatevers going on behind the scenes with him seems to be working it's up to player now to up his game

Jozo for me is the best CH at Celtic, although I'm hoping our 7 million mhan will prove me wrong this coming season.

Along with Odin and Nir, and our new signing (although he might primarily be RB for us) we might actually be able to play 2 CH together for most of the season.

So Jozo is mhan for me, and 5 million is a shite offer also. I know he's only allowed out once a week, but with good forward planning thats workable.

In terms of a squad and assuming that Hatem is playing right back, then we have 3 central defenders in Jozo, Jullien and Ajer. If anything we need another to come in to support that group. Bitton can deputise but only as emergency cover. He'll more likely be used to allow Broony to rest more this season. We can't afford to lose Jozo.
I also just like him. Aye OK he has a wee brain freeze now and then but I never felt Rodgers rated him and he must have known that. Lennon has had him in there since day one. That will build his confidence and confidence breeds performance. He's 24 so why sell him for a pathetic 5 million when his peak years could be with us. He's a good defender and a threat in the opposition box (not his fault we can't get a corner past the first man). He is squad gold.

The big mans decent goin forward aswell ,good feet for a CH.
Lennon will get the best out of him, VVD did not start off great, Paul Elliot the same Henrik first kick as a new guy complete error to Charnley, we need to be patient and trust if they are not what we expect and shows no sign of changing, we have people in place who will spot this and address it, Celtic have been quietly assembling a new look squad without to much interference or disruption, C'mon the hoops 9 and upwards

In terms of a squad and assuming that Hatem is playing right back, then we have 3 central defenders in Jozo, Jullien and Ajer. If anything we need another to come in to support that group. Bitton can deputise but only as emergency cover. He'll more likely be used to allow Broony to rest more this season. We can't afford to lose Jozo.
I also just like him. Aye OK he has a wee brain freeze now and then but I never felt Rodgers rated him and he must have known that. Lennon has had him in there since day one. That will build his confidence and confidence breeds performance. He's 24 so why sell him for a pathetic 5 million when his peak years could be with us. He's a good defender and a threat in the opposition box (not his fault we can't get a corner past the first man). He is squad gold.
Well said Niall J love big Jozo only thing he needs to practice is his tackling.
Think he’s a wee bit weak there just ask
Cosmonaut Miller when he gets back from the international space station.
But seriously he was outstanding under NFL
And the more game time he gets the better he plays. We need to hold onto him love the big guy. Keep Jozo at paradise.

HH ??

He's definitely a bit injury prone but that seems to be a thing with Celtic generally. Not sure if it's because we start our season so early with the qualifier's meaning we usually play as many games as any team in each season and more than most. Calmac apparently played the most games / minutes in world football last year!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back