Wedding Band

Ma wee maw used to say if love was made from ham and eggs you would eat it when you were hungry.... and sometimes you wish you had. A relationship/marriage can be compared to politicians; most end in failure . Guess a good song for both would be Nat King Cole's The Party's over. ( Sorry, an age thing ).

I married a Jeweller’s Daughter
Our first song was She wears my Ring
No really that was the song she’s actually a Secretary for a legal firm. We wanted Something inside so strong but the Disco
(Clue) Eddie’s Top 40 didn’t have it.
cunt only had 40 and it was hit top 40
Bastard ah Memories the Psychiatrist says I’ll get over it another Lying bastard
29 years merrit this April
But ma Laddies 32 and won’t at ma wedding. 😂

HH 😱
She wears my ring,both stationed in Gibraltar me in the army the wife was a wren they played it on the the camp radio the night we got engaged, took all the usual stick from my mates it will never last army and navy na never last,well them sods lied to me we got married in 1969 and she’s sat on the chair opposite me some mates they were

Got married on Scottish cup final day 4 May 1974 Pat was happy we won by beating Dundee United so happy days.
But the band didn’t turn up but sent another band to take their place. So I couldn’t tell you what the first dance was because I thought they were practising but it wasn’t it was for real and to this day I’ve no idea what the song was. Everybody just had to get drunk to get through that disaster of the stand in band.

Got married on Scottish cup final day 4 May 1974 Pat was happy we won by beating Dundee United so happy days.
But the band didn’t turn up but sent another band to take their place. So I couldn’t tell you what the first dance was because I thought they were practising but it wasn’t it was for real and to this day I’ve no idea what the song was. Everybody just had to get drunk to get through that disaster of the stand in band.
Sounds like it could've been Simple Minds :)

We went abroad to get married just me and the wonderful woman...best wedding I've ever been tae ...didn't have to worry about anybody else on the day or night ...and saved a fortune. Have no idea why the boy played Delilah as our first dance but we just looked at each other and started laughing ...this thread brought it all back and i just ask the missus again there why that song was played ...still no idea 25 years on 😂

We went abroad to get married just me and the wonderful woman...best wedding I've ever been tae ...didn't have to worry about anybody else on the day or night ...and saved a fortune. Have no idea why the boy played Delilah as our first dance but we just looked at each other and started laughing ...this thread brought it all back and i just ask the missus again there why that song was played ...still no idea 25 years on 😂
must have thought yies were Welsh, probably had a few and sounded it

Members online

Latest posts

Back