What Advice Would You Give Neil Lennon

For me it has to be get Leigh Griffiths in the starting line up alongside Eddy.....a free scoring Griff can turn our season around imo.....just do it Lenny...
I've wondered about this for s wee bit now imatim. Griff is fit and not getting to play , why? Everyone especially lenny knows what him and eddy together can do, I was wondering is this a punishment exercise for griff? You let us down at the seasons start so you'll play when and only when I say. Thats probably wildly inaccurate haha but why then? Possibly because we have so many games in hand that lenny feels he cant risk 2 strikers? That's probably closer to the mark , but if we play 2 someone else drops out but we will blow teams away with that partnership and should be developing it for the bigot dome game

I'd say that as well as hazard did at the penalties hes not ready yet to be our no1. That has to be Barkas who tbf has been more exposed than ever in our calamitous defence. We cant keep hoping that FF will return even though theres a fair chance of that. Hazard should go out on loan but not to lower league clubs in Scotland, top flight clubs in europe or an english championship/league1
Or2 team those divisions are cut-throat and would benefit him and us well. Ajer has to stay at rb til the seasons end, though we are probably going to have to replace him and El Hamed and Duffy. Great to see wee mikey johnstone back and how weve missed Forrest, his assists and goals. Use broony sparingly from now to the seasons end soro is ready to replace him, finally after his many years and pretenders to his throne, kouassi etc but soro is the real deal. We have a brilliant squad but dont use it well enough . I thought once more lenny left the subs late yet again and couldve cost us the cup that delay. I will say if it's a choice of lenny or lambert then lenny all day, week and year Lambert has taken the soup money too many times it offends me his name is even mentioned with the possibility of replacing lenny thanks for the memories as a player but as a Celtic manager? No thanks

Haven't a clue why The Griff isn't getting more game time, Eddy on his own just isn't cutting it.

There are glimpses of us playing well, first half yesterday was great, did well against Lille, scored twice against Milan, but the team has no confidence and as soon as someone scores against us the whole team goes into its shell and scoring against us has never been easier, punt the baw into our box and allow the calamity to unfold.
Hazard isn't a first choice keeper yet, Julien and Duffy should be able to command our box but they're just woeful.
So between a very fragile defence that none of the team can have confidence in, a horrible run of results, the pressure of 4×3 and 10 and all the protests and shit team confidence is shot and that's what Lenny needs to address. Most good teams are built on a solid defense and ours is the opposite that's where the changes need made imo.

We got the trophy yesterday but we drew after 90 minutes so our winning run lasted 2. We start again on Wednesday. My question is what will lennon be remembered for. The man who won a treble as a player and manager.....or the man who lost 10 in a row. In the real world, outside of Scottish football, obviously the treble as player and manager stands well above 10 in a row. But im not sure thats how Celtic fans will see it.

We got the trophy yesterday but we drew after 90 minutes so our winning run lasted 2. We start again on Wednesday. My question is what will lennon be remembered for. The man who won a treble as a player and manager.....or the man who lost 10 in a row. In the real world, outside of Scottish football, obviously the treble as player and manager stands well above 10 in a row. But im not sure thats how Celtic fans will see it.
You're right, in the bubble that is Scotland 10 is a bigger achievement than the quadruple treble, I just find it sad that we're complaining after the quadruple treble and I include myself in that, I feel a bit flat because I'm aware of the teams problems, but jesus 30 years ago we'd be partying for a fortnight after a Scottish cup win, but here we are having an autopsy after winning 12 trophies in a row! 😳

I can’t see Broonie making it on Wednesday.....that leaves it open to play Soro as a defensive midfielder.....bring Mickey Johnston in in place of Elly.....persevere with the starting back 4 against the mini Huns minus Taylor......replace him with Laxalt.....a midfield of Turnbull, Soro, Johnston and McGregor with Eddy and Griff up top.....that’s the way I would go...

You're right, in the bubble that is Scotland 10 is a bigger achievement than the quadruple treble, I just find it sad that we're complaining after the quadruple treble and I include myself in that, I feel a bit flat because I'm aware of the teams problems, but jesus 30 years ago we'd be partying for a fortnight after a Scottish cup win, but here we are having an autopsy after winning 12 trophies in a row! 😳

I think its down to how the game went. Our full season so far was wrapped in one game. First half we showed our quality. 2nd half fell away to fuck. Defence all over the place. Wrong subs at the wrong time. I think if we strung 4 or 5 games together where we played quality football moods would change but at the moment, after that match it just creates more nerves for the next match. Its hard to separate the cup win from the performance.

Members online

Back