What do we need in January.

Weedocbhoy60

In no particular order I believe we need.......
. A left back. I cannot fault Taylor's work rate or effort. It's just that other teams (home and abroad) see him as the weakest link and a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
. A holding midfielder. A dyed-in-the-wool, tough tackling holding midfielder. This will allow Calmac to do his best work further forward.
. A striker. We need someone for our wide players to aim for in the 18yard box. So 6ft plus please.
No more projects or players "to be developed" for the furure. Lennoxtown has more than enough.
So bhoys and ghirls, what/who would you like see......

In no particular order I believe we need.......
. A left back. I cannot fault Taylor's work rate or effort. It's just that other teams (home and abroad) see him as the weakest link and a chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
. A holding midfielder. A dyed-in-the-wool, tough tackling holding midfielder. This will allow Calmac to do his best work further forward.
. A striker. We need someone for our wide players to aim for in the 18yard box. So 6ft plus please.
No more projects or players "to be developed" for the furure. Lennoxtown has more than enough.
So bhoys and ghirls, what/who would you like see......
We’ll get none of those.
The Lawwells will provide...
An ex Benfica B winger now playing as a wing back in a bottom of the league Portuguese team
A Korean league midfield ‘prospect’
A Japanese ‘project’ striker
And a passed it EPL player for a position that we are probably already covered in

What we do need is.
A goalkeeper, as we did in the summer. Someone to come in and challenge/replace Hart in the second half of the season.
A left back, as we did in the summer, who can overlap and deliver good passes/crosses into the box. This will also improve Palma.
A more defensive minded midfielder, but one who can pass the ball forward to start attacks.
A right winger, assuming Abada will be leaving either this month or in the summer.
Another striker, even If just to cover for the Asia Cup

Basically we need what the manager asked for in the summer. Players who’ll challenge for first team starts from the beginning and the addition of some physicality, power and pace.

We also need a clear out of about a dozen players starting in January and certainly by the summer.
Siegrist, Bernabei, Philips, Kobayashi, Lagerbielke, McCarthy, Kwon, Tilio and Turnbull can all go in January with the likes of Ralston, Welsh, Nawrocki, Bernardo, Iwata, Oh, MJ and Yang playing for their futures until the summer

Last edited:
I think we need five more small, lightweight attacking midfielders (maximum 5'7" & 9 stone) who are no more than 20 years old and have played less than 30 first team games. Projects, projects, projects.

And make sure they don't arrive until 10:45pm on the 31st January, hopefully with a current injury so they won't be able to start training until Easter at the earliest.

Proper defensive central midfielder.
Two central strikers who can score
Big physically strong left full back.

But in reality, we will be lucky to get one player immediately up to the job needed. And that will probably be a winger.

Last edited:
We’ll get none of those.
An ex Benfica B winger now playing as a wing back in a bottom of the league Portuguese team
And a passed it EPL player for a position that we are probably already covered in
If that is the case Gary then Rodgers should clearly state he doesn't need or want any of those players aforementioned.
It's madness and sheer arrogance from the board if they think they can continue with this signing policy knowing the outcry and noise building amongst the support after the last transfer fiasco.
The board will have more than the GB to deal with if this window is anything like is being suggested.

We’ll get none of those.
You forgot the... Over the hill Irish guy who's played golf with DD once and let him win to get on his good side... Widnae be a Celtic team without one of them... McCarthy just ain't doing it in that position is he..

I think we need five more small, lightweight attacking midfielders (maximum 5'7" & 9 stone) who are no more than 20 years old and have played less than 30 first team games. Projects, projects, projects.

And make sure they don't arrive until 10:45pm on the 31st January, hopefully with a current injury so they won't be able to start training until Easter at the earliest.
Are you Liewell in disguise 🤔

There is a lot of sarcasm going about (more than usual) today. Is this what they call a Christmas hangover ?

There is a lot of sarcasm going about (more than usual) today. Is this what they call a Christmas hangover ?
Or sitting at work with nobody else in, going a wee bit doolally!

I wasn't being that sarcastic - have you never seen a transfer window with Lawwell running the show? No there is a 2 generation tag team calling the shots then it won't get any better.

Or sitting at work with nobody else in, going a wee bit doolally!

I wasn't being that sarcastic - have you never seen a transfer window with Lawwell running the show? No there is a 2 generation tag team calling the shots then it won't get any better.
At least you got a laugh out of Steptoe and Son. And could relate to them. The Lawell's, together with Dermot Desmond, are the football equivalent of a cheapskate undertaking family. They would put CU Burn to shame. Apologies to those of you who have never seen it.

Last edited:
I think we should sign shankland. I know he's a hun, but we've had many a hun over the years that done a job for us. He'd be ready to go too.
Yip....get him in on a a 3 year contract if only to win us the league he knows exactly what he is up against and would score at will when Kyogo cannie.
He would soon realise best 3 years of his career hun or not.

Members online

Latest posts

Back