What do we need in January.

I think we should sign shankland. I know he's a hun, but we've had many a hun over the years that done a job for us. He'd be ready to go too.
Ano he’s a hun mate but he’s a hun way a wife and kid that’s no made the kinda cash through his playing career to this point,!!that he would make at a club like us??am sure the guy would do his level best for us if we went for him..no a bigger hun than kenny miller and he done the biz for us?

Are the Dark Side paying ALL of his £80K a week wages ? Sure I read that was deal Wolves wanted. If it's true, no wonder we said NO.
Desperation and Deludamol strikes again.
I saw a couple of websites saying £80K/week, but more saying it was ~£37K/week. It is still a huge amount for either club to be paying out - more than CalMac (I think), Kyogo, CCV and any other Celtic player (including Mooy & Jota who left us).

Sevco pay their "world-class superstars" much higher wages than us, so this will be similar to Goldson, Butland, Tavpen, Davies, etc, and the recently departed Morelos & Kent.

Yet again, our rivals at Ibrokes are going all-out gambling that their huge outlay that they can barely afford pays off to give them access to the riches of top tier European football. It is a very risky strategy that caused the first club to play at that stadium to die.

I saw a couple of websites saying £80K/week, but more saying it was ~£37K/week. It is still a huge amount for either club to be paying out - more than CalMac (I think), Kyogo, CCV and any other Celtic player (including Mooy & Jota who left us).

Sevco pay their "world-class superstars" much higher wages than us, so this will be similar to Goldson, Butland, Tavpen, Davies, etc, and the recently departed Morelos & Kent.

Yet again, our rivals at Ibrokes are going all-out gambling that their huge outlay that they can barely afford pays off to give them access to the riches of top tier European football. It is a very risky strategy that caused the first club to play at that stadium to die.
It is the one and only realistic hope they have of ever getting rid of the financial shackles, BB. At least they they have the mad bollocks to try it. Not like our parsimonious board. Not prepared to take a footballing risk. Gathering money to lie stale in the bank, while our dominance on the field is meanwhile being eroded and challenged by a mediocre team. Our board is again allowing this to happen. Right in front of our eyes. And in my opinion are doing so deliberately. I see nothing else that suggests to me otherwise. There is every chance that strings will be pulled, and royal honours,' For Services To Football', will be conferred on some of them, when this is finally achieved. Wait and see.

Last edited:
Lawwell has just told his wee boy to hide the biscuit tin after today's result. No need to buy decent players now as we should hopefully finish a point or two above sevco. We can play January without a striker no problem - we might help our rivals if we drop points.

Besides, Abada and Hatate returning are like 2 new signings anyway!

What do we need? Same as what we needed in the summer and never got....a commanding LB, a big scary rottweiler in midfield and a clever penalty box striker!

I'd throw in a couple of wingers too as MJ looks like he hasn't learned a thing during his loan spell and wee Forrest (who's been a great servant to the club) should probably call it a day now!

What we do need is.
A goalkeeper, as we did in the summer. Someone to come in and challenge/replace Hart in the second half of the season.
A left back, as we did in the summer, who can overlap and deliver good passes/crosses into the box. This will also improve Palma.
A more defensive minded midfielder, but one who can pass the ball forward to start attacks.
A right winger, assuming Abada will be leaving either this month or in the summer.
Another striker, even If just to cover for the Asia Cup

Basically we need what the manager asked for in the summer. Players who’ll challenge for first team starts from the beginning and the addition of some physicality, power and pace.

We also need a clear out of about a dozen players starting in January and certainly by the summer.
Siegrist, Bernabei, Philips, Kobayashi, Lagerbielke, McCarthy, Kwon, Tilio and Turnbull can all go in January with the likes of Ralston, Welsh, Nawrocki, Bernardo, Iwata, Oh, MJ and Yang playing for their futures until the summer
By the way, Gary....I'd trust the big job with your good self.

It all makes sense to me

I think they'll try to offload Siegrist Larry.
Really? He was starting at Dundee (or was it Dundee United?) and we picked him up for what I thought would be Hart's successor (even though I thought he'd never take a back seat to Hart. But, of course, I was wrong about that). But Transfermarket says he's worth 800K, so maybe if we can get that, it'd be a good piece of business.

GK, probably in the summer, but would like to see one coming in this window.

LB, Taylor needs competition, so definitely one that can ho straight in to team.

DM, is a must but again, he'll need to be able to go straight in to team.

Striker- Shankland or Miovski both capable of causing defences problems & both capable of banging in the goals so could be 20+ goals a season with amount of chances the team creates.

I know Shankland is a hun, but we've gad a few over the decades, should never be an issue, if they're good enough, they don't have a problem coming to Celtic we shouldn't have a problem with them.

Really? He was starting at Dundee (or was it Dundee United?) and we picked him up for what I thought would be Hart's successor (even though I thought he'd never take a back seat to Hart. But, of course, I was wrong about that). But Transfermarket says he's worth 800K, so maybe if we can get that, it'd be a good piece of business.
I think big Joe warts and all is still a goalie managers trust, experience and amount of big games, he has still never been dropped. There must be some sort of precence players around him feed off .But time of sands waits for no-one.

If we just got a prolific scorer and a brute midfielder, I'd be happy.

CCV shouldn't be out for too long, and I've seen enough from Lager and Rocky to suggest they can do a job for us.

Even if the are rotten at training.

GK possibly, but with a defensive midfieler in, Joe could probably take most match days off.

But we saw yesterday when Turnbull came on, the midfield dissolved and they cunts got back into it.

What I want for January is for Mark Lawell to get his finger out of his arse, grow a pair of balls of his own, stop listening to daddy and his failed transfer strategy, do the job he is paid to do and get the manager what he wants. Is that asking too much?

Members online

Latest posts

Back