What One Game Defined Our Season

I can think of a couple but the 2-1 away win against Hearts just after BR left us in the lurch stands out. It wasn't pretty and we got the winner right at the death, but it showed great team spirit that there was still life after BR. From there we kicked on and still havn't been beaten, and thats all credit to the players.

I'd go for the hearts match we won 2-1it was lennys first match after Rodgers left the msm and every orc came out of the wood work even the ones that I didn't know they where orcs showed thier hands because they smelt blood they where pissing themselves with anticipation.so when French eddy scored the goal in the last minute they new it was the same team and the nightmare continues.

I'm with Maria on this one, has to be the December game against the Deady Bears.

We had become a little complacent and lacklustre up until that point, too many players were just going through the motions in games. We thought all we had to do was turn up that day and the result was in the bag......and we all know how that turned out.

That game reminded everybody that even the best teams still need to be fully focused and willing to graft hard if they want to win things. It was no coincidence we went on a good run after that.

Tough one. I would like to say either the Killie game where Broony scored late (and got the red card -- typical MIB behaviour) or the 2-1 win over the Huns a few weeks ago, where the Zombies had a hard time dealing with the loss.

2-1 v Hearts away.

Mentally, THE match that confirmed the players belief in themselves after their guru had upped and quit overnight.

And Lenny's big moment. Ship steadied, gap maintained, Huns sickened. Pivotal match of the season.

Great thread Icafiero. Love it

For me it was The Betfred game against St Johnstone. Leigh Griffiths got a late winner and we won 1-0. We'd been taking a fair bit of stick in the meeja and confidence was shot. 0-0 away at St Mirren, a 2-1 defeat the previous weekend with that late goal from Killie.
Suddenly it was 'the bubble has burst'
We battled that night, it wasn't pretty and it was a grind em down job we did.
But from that win we got a bit of our swagger back. Within 10/11 days a week we'd beat Aberdeen 1-0, salzburg 3-1 and returned to St Johnstone and scudded em 6-0. We never looked back.
As an aside it shows why we need Griffiths.
See these wee 0-0's we keep getting? He's the finisher at the club that turns them into 1-0 wins! Come back soon Leigh

December game was the kick up the erchie we needed
We turned up NOT. CalMac’s nose hair was offside. We then went to training camp. And haven’t really looked back since. Then they scored we gave them hope and a bad Frenchmen called Eddy killed it stone dead.
Listening to Tom English talking pure pish that the gap has closed and we need a huge clear out but Shitco are a few players short. First time In a while ive listened in. The Deludamol is strong with them.
Let’s shut them up on another Beautiful Sunday. Mon the Hoops.

HH ☘️

December game was the kick up the erchie we needed
We turned up NOT. CalMac’s nose hair was offside. We then went to training camp. And haven’t really looked back since. Then they scored we gave them hope and a bad Frenchmen called Eddy killed it stone dead.
Listening to Tom English talking pure pish that the gap has closed and we need a huge clear out but Shitco are a few players short. First time In a while ive listened in. The Deludamol is strong with them.
Let’s shut them up on another Beautiful Sunday. Mon the Hoops.

HH ☘️
(y)

Great thread Icafiero. Love it

For me it was The Betfred game against St Johnstone. Leigh Griffiths got a late winner and we won 1-0. We'd been taking a fair bit of stick in the meeja and confidence was shot. 0-0 away at St Mirren, a 2-1 defeat the previous weekend with that late goal from Killie.
Suddenly it was 'the bubble has burst'
We battled that night, it wasn't pretty and it was a grind em down job we did.
But from that win we got a bit of our swagger back. Within 10/11 days a week we'd beat Aberdeen 1-0, salzburg 3-1 and returned to St Johnstone and scudded em 6-0. We never looked back.
As an aside it shows why we need Griffiths.
See these wee 0-0's we keep getting? He's the finisher at the club that turns them into 1-0 wins! Come back soon Leigh

Hail Hail Niall,Mon the Griff!

Good comments everyone but I am struggling to pick a game that defines our season. We have been all over the place in terms of performance. We had a golden patch after new year and credit to NL for keeping the winning run going under difficult circumstances. Glad it is nearly over to be honest just a matter of putting the idiots back in their cardboard box on Sunday then completing the 3 x 3.
Hoping for a good transfer window and the bhoys coming back refreshed ready for the glorious number 9 and another shot in CL group stages.

Members online

Latest posts

Back