What One Game Defined Our Season

Great thread Icafiero. Love it

For me it was The Betfred game against St Johnstone. Leigh Griffiths got a late winner and we won 1-0. We'd been taking a fair bit of stick in the meeja and confidence was shot. 0-0 away at St Mirren, a 2-1 defeat the previous weekend with that late goal from Killie.
Suddenly it was 'the bubble has burst'
We battled that night, it wasn't pretty and it was a grind em down job we did.
But from that win we got a bit of our swagger back. Within 10/11 days a week we'd beat Aberdeen 1-0, salzburg 3-1 and returned to St Johnstone and scudded em 6-0. We never looked back.
As an aside it shows why we need Griffiths.
See these wee 0-0's we keep getting? He's the finisher at the club that turns them into 1-0 wins! Come back soon Leigh

That's a hell of a goal, almost 180 degrees behind him to score. Was that Forrest with the header that didn't go in . . . I can't tell.

Great goal. Would love to see Griff back on Sunday . . . .

I can think of a couple but the 2-1 away win against Hearts just after BR left us in the lurch stands out. It wasn't pretty and we got the winner right at the death, but it showed great team spirit that there was still life after BR. From there we kicked on and still havn't been beaten, and thats all credit to the players.

The 1-0 defeat at IBROKES

It made BR and the team wake up and smell the coffee evaluate our frailties and get themselves sorted out in Dubai

Accepting the fact that their early season performances both domestically and in Europe were not up to standard and some of the performances rather embarrassing in some instances

That game also sounded the Death Knell for Craig Gordon as 1st choice keeper

After more than his fair share of fuck ups BR decided enough was enough

Salzburg at home Motherwell away and I believe the goal in our 1-0 defeat against the HUNS was down to him

Our defensive record domestically is unrecognisable since Bain has been installed between the sticks with in reality the loss of only 1 outfield goal as I believe the sleekit one that Motherwell took liberties with at Parkhead cannot really be acredited to our defensive or goalkeeping frailties

Yes our attacking play and goalscoring capabilities even with the addition to our strike power have sometimes been stretched to the limit but the absence of defeats has contributed to us picking up all of those 1 points in draws and instilled a no defeat mentality within the squad

It swung our ability to lose last minute goals against the likes of Kilmarnock into our determination to score last minute goals against again Kilmarnock Hearts and Dundee and pick up a further 6 points that would have been diluted to only 3 by 3 draws instead of 3 victories

I rest my case M'Lud

HH?

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Back