What Style of Play Do You expect This Season?

And more importantly what style of play do you want to see?

Personally, I’m hoping we keep the high press and high tempo going, and we bring in a bit more physicality to the squad. What do you all reckon?…
Been askin' myself the same question Imatim. In truth, I don't see things being much different from BR's last period at Paradise. Really hope I'm wrong as the game has changed.
A bit more robust when needed? Absolutely! I think most of us have felt for sometime that there were times when we lost out to nothing more than brawn.
I noticed it particularly agains sevco, and I include the games we won against them.

Continue with inverted fullbacks or use wingback? I hope it's the former ( especially for Taylor ) as most top teams seem to have adopted it.

We know whichever system we use will be based on ball retention, so much will depend on comings and goings. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Aye no idea either as to what I expect excellent question.

What I hope for is of course improvement on our current style.

That's got to be the way the games played today its how sides win excitingly and having seen what Ange delivered and how exciting to watch it was Rodgers will want to better that with his improved budget.

When Celtic move tbe ball at speed and under control, everyone doing their job and a goal is scored its better than just watching football its like art, Ange was like an artist , sometimes.

I do expect a much tougher Celtic, St Mirren bullied us a couple of times though we overcame In the end.

Big season for Turnbull, he's brushed off the ball too easy sometimes, Kobayashi too, but our squad is young its the experience Rodgers intends to add to it that could make all the difference to this team.

If we can keep Iwata I think he'll be a regular

Invincible season swagger or second season sideways passing and playing your most influential midfielder at left-back ideology.

Not happy right now. I'll stand to be corrected, but I don't think Buck has a style (if you exclude fake tan and dental implants).

Charlatan......and hopefully he gets the Charlatan Athletic job midway through the season (please Saudi Arabia....pump some dough into Charlton)

Invincible season swagger or second season sideways passing and playing your most influential midfielder at left-back ideology.

Not happy right now. I'll stand to be corrected, but I don't think Buck has a style (if you exclude fake tan and dental implants).

Charlatan......and hopefully he gets the Charlatan Athletic job midway through the season (please Saudi Arabia....pump some dough into Charlton)
All true

Last time around it was excellent to watch first season, good to watch second season and side to side boredom in season three after he seemed to fall out with the board and took the huff.
Listened to the Huddle Breakdown podcast today and they had a Leicester supporter on who pretty much said the same thing happened at Leicester. Started really well then became more and more passing possessed. Became more negative and had a habit of bringing on an extra centre half to defend a lead. He also said he started playing inverted full backs but when they got injured he reverted to conventional full backs.

Angeball, high press, throw the ball up front and into the ball quick and let the speedy Japanese players chase it, high press, everyone works, explosive football, that’s why a few months ago there was a debate that it was the best Celtic team since the lions…..

Rodgersball, short quick passes, pass and move, always be ready for a pass, find space, if there nothing on, pass back or sideways, keep possession, they can’t score if we have the ball, bore teams to death, absolutely no big humps up the park, play 5 a side in your own penalty box if you get pressed,

I don’t think the players we have are suitable foe rodgersball,…..so will he change his style of play to fit the team, or break the team up and find player to fit his style of play?

I expect a possession based game.... Your Welcome 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though our 2 Cb's will play slightly further apart with a deeper mid in front and going forward our wingers will be touchline wingers off the ball, with the full backs backing them up.

Our two center mids will need to be on it the whole game, and our striker will hopefully just keep scoring goals... 😱 😱

433 format with a possible change to 2 holding mids away in Europe... 😅

I really don't expect to much of a change initially from Ange's theory, I'm hopeful that Brendan comes in more of a man manager for the individual players and thats why he wants all the coaching staff to stay...

One or two tweeks to the way the subs were used though as I felt we often lost momentum after the hour mark..

I expect a possession based game.... Your Welcome 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Seriously though our 2 Cb's will play slightly further apart with a deeper mid in front and going forward our wingers will be touchline wingers off the ball, with the full backs backing them up.

Our two center mids will need to be on it the whole game, and our striker will hopefully just keep scoring goals... 😱 😱

433 format with a possible change to 2 holding mids away in Europe... 😅

I really don't expect to much of a change initially from Ange's theory, I'm hopeful that Brendan comes in more of a man manager for the individual players and thats why he wants all the coaching staff to stay...

One or two tweeks to the way the subs were used though as I felt we often lost momentum after the hour mark..

No more inverted fullbacks?…

No more inverted fullbacks?…
Yea I think there will be when in possession at least, but a more conventional back 4 will be adopted when trying to defend a one or two goal margin and defo in away European ties... Basically I think we will /should have differing styles or at least a tweek or 2 to suit the occasion...

Imho Brendan would perhaps only play with one full back in the inverted position, he wont if we are up against someone with a fast tricky winger...

Back