What Style of Play Do You expect This Season?

Yea I think there will be when in possession at least, but a more conventional back 4 will be adopted when trying to defend a one or two goal margin and defo in away European ties... Basically I think we will /should have differing styles or at least a tweek or 2 to suit the occasion...

Imho Brendan would perhaps only play with one full back in the inverted position, he wont if we are up against someone with a fast tricky winger...

On tactics.

I still remember when we went down to 10 men v the Huns and BR brought on Edouard after Simunovic got red carded.

I think almost everyone, especially the Huns, expected a defender to come on. An astute tactical substitution imo and a match winning move that won us the game...

On tactics.

I still remember when we went down to 10 men v the Huns and BR brought on Edouard after Simunovic got red carded.

I think almost everyone, especially the Huns, expected a defender to come on. An astute tactical substitution imo and a match winning move that won us the game...
One of my favourite visits to the victorian lavvy that one.. Wasn't that the one when cokeheed missed from 2 inches out and Bain smothered it on the line... ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›

Last time around it was excellent to watch first season, good to watch second season and side to side boredom in season three after he seemed to fall out with the board and took the huff.
Listened to the Huddle Breakdown podcast today and they had a Leicester supporter on who pretty much said the same thing happened at Leicester. Started really well then became more and more passing possessed. Became more negative and had a habit of bringing on an extra centre half to defend a lead. He also said he started playing inverted full backs but when they got injured he reverted to conventional full backs.
The first season the football was excellent but that was due to the high press and winning the ball in their final third.
It seemed after season 1, the forwards stopped pressing, we won the ball back deeper, opponents got organised quickly and we fell into possession based football or fir want of a better phrase passing the ball to death

As far as how the team is set up, don't know
The style of 'pressing' football has worked for us, this past two seasons, and we have a good base of players that adapted well to that
I think we'll see more of the same in the SPFL, but Europe will be a different matter, where we get caught out by long balls over the top and down the wing, when our fullbacks have gone on the attack
I could be wrong (was wrong once before) but I'm willing to give BR and his backroom staff the benefit of the doubt, and say we'll enjoy the coming season
Well, I plan on anyway, cos there's fuck all I can do about the situation

HH

It's 4 days til we play Fraserburgh I think on the 1st. ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜•โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿฅฑ๐Ÿ˜ด

Thank the heavens for bonnie Fraserburgh.

Whits the ko time and wit ye think the line ups gony be ?

๐Ÿคฌ strungoot tae ๐Ÿคฌ here , youtube x 100 views, fifa 18 or something, nae wonder calmac disnae take a break ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿฅต๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Showiz sellic mate gony ! Gony!

Last edited:
I've not seen anything regarding the Fraserburgh game on July 1st 15.00hrs being on television just yet but I'm hoping and somewhat assuming that Celtic TV will show this match.

Ive noticed my ' live football on TV" app has the following games listed as tbc.

All times are CP times naturally

Saturday July1st 15.00 hundered hrs
Fraserburgh Vs Celtic
- not listed by any sports channel, Celtic TV ๐Ÿคž

Wednesday July19th 11.00 hundrhrs
Yokohoma Marinos Vs Celtic

Saturday July 22nd 11.00 hundrd hrs
Gamba Osaka Vs Celtic

Wednesday July 28th 12:00 hndrdhr
Wolverhampton Wanderers Vs Celtic

Tuesday August 1st 19:30 hndrd hrs
Celtic Vs Athletic Bilbao

James Forrest testimonial ๐Ÿ™Œ

And that is the news . ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿบ ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบ๐Ÿบhappnd tae the beer????
๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒ๐Ÿฅƒhappnd tae the ..the oh ๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท๐Ÿท..................โ˜•๏ธ

What I haven't seen is any confirmation that we will play any more than one game in Korea.

As far as I can tell ( I'm not allowed to say much , 10,000 paragraphs I think) , we play wolves only in Korea.

This makes no sense to me , roma and suwon will be there so why not?,
idk call me old fashioned I just thought we might travel to the other side of the world and play a side from there not wolves from down the road ๐Ÿคท๐Ÿปโ€โ™‚

Missed opportunity , Suwon v Celtic in suwon world cup stadium sounds like a bigger crowd pleaser than wolves

Members online

Latest posts

Back