What will time/history show/remember Rodgers for

Thai Tommy

He did do good bring on players who we thought poor...........
Also......
He gave us a dream.
He made us smile that he were shoulder to shoulder with us.
He promised a dream, many of us believed him, would not listen to critics of him.
Next year, next year 10IAR, as Jock Stein were told after 67. "you are immortal Jock"
The great illusionists lied to us.
Like a guy leaving the bed of the virgin he had pursued with so much love and talk of affection
He leaves tears with the girl, anger with her brothers. Revenge in the heart of the father.
"Doing a Rodgers":
Engaged in an act of betrayal
Engaged in a fraudelent pursuit.
To have lied in pursuit of an objective.
Brendan Rogers, you are not welcome here anymore. You are a Charlatan.
A pox on your house and may you live in interesting times.
"You have no friends in this house now, better you pass on by.

Also......
He gave us a dream.
He promised a dream, many of us believed him, would not listen to critics of him.
Next year, next year 10IAR, as Jock Stein were told after 67. "you are immortal Jock"
Like a guy leaving the bed of the virgin he had pursued with so much love and talk of affection
He leaves tears with the girl, anger with her brothers. Revenge in the heart of the father.
"Doing a Rodgers":
If I have been cruel I apologise. But I will be 64 in five months living in a foriegn country.
What he led me to believe at my age has hurt me. My 4 GSD not understand why they not go out for walks.
The 50kg male is slumped across my feet. Why..... I move he knows.
Rodgers ye bassaaaa

I think most of the vitriol comes from the fact that we trusted him and could not/would not see this coming. I would put this on a par with Jock Stein doing something similar, just unthinkable. Maybe we're all feeling a little silly after buying into the shite he spouted and of course his contact signing. In addition, the gutter rags, Celtic hating journalists were telling us for weeks that it was going to happen, now we have to aknowledge that they were right and we were wrong. This, I think, is the true betrayal. The embarrassment of being foolish enough to be conned. Fuck him. I no longer give a shit about him. If he can live with knowing he is a traitor, then so can I. We will go on and we will flourish. He might too, but I don't have a fuck to give.

It certainly adds a dark edge to the singing of Last Christmas ("...this year, to save me from years, I'll give it to Brendan Rodgers.")

I don't know if I'll ever trust another player or manager who claims to love Celtic as much as me. I'm thinking of hiring a private detective to see what KT gets up to when he's not marauding up the left.

I think most of the vitriol comes from the fact that we trusted him and could not/would not see this coming. I would put this on a par with Jock Stein doing something similar, just unthinkable. Maybe we're all feeling a little silly after buying into the shite he spouted and of course his contact signing. In addition, the gutter rags, Celtic hating journalists were telling us for weeks that it was going to happen, now we have to aknowledge that they were right and we were wrong. This, I think, is the true betrayal. The embarrassment of being foolish enough to be conned. Fuck him. I no longer give a shit about him. If he can live with knowing he is a traitor, then so can I. We will go on and we will flourish. He might too, but I don't have a fuck to give.
I feel your pain mate, can't remember the last time I felt lt this low as a celtic supporter. Despise that man with a passion. But getting NFL in has at least managed to ease some of (not all) the worry about getting to 8. Also when you say the press got it right you have to remember that every vacancy that came up SMSM always put that shits name forward for it.

Also......
He gave us a dream.
"Doing a Rodgers":
He will be remembered as the Great Deceiver, the Betrayer, our very own GASL. His "achievements" will pale into insignificance .

BR should be aware that you can't cheat karma. If that is true ( I hope it is) then Leceister should be a disaster for him. I will laugh like fuck when that happens. The Germans have a word for taking pleasure in someone else's misfortune, Schadenfreude. Karma then Schadenfreude is his future.
Rich HH

Also......
He gave us a dream.
"Doing a Rodgers":
STELLA(r) TT!!!!

I can't think of a manager being more despised. We've had managers for whom it hasn't worked and who've been sacked and we've had managers leave, but never like this. Ronny, Wim, Dr Jo, MON, WGS, Mogga etc. are all welcome to sit by me next time I'm in Paradise... RoJudas is not.

You are correct, I remember Big Jock, he gave us pride in ourselves.
If Big Jock left us in the lurch before end of the season and a cup final I would feel the same way. Rodgers conned me

The invincible treble then the double treble, 69 games unbeaten are up there with Celtics' greatest achievements which are not going to be sullied by BR actions!

Brendans actions are inexcusable but what his teams have achieved has been the highlights of my life, these achievements belong to Celtic, her players and her fans and I am immensely proud of these incredible landmarks over the last 2 n half years!

He did well for us. To say he didn’t is bollocks. Would there be that much of a backlash if he wasn’t good? Would there fuck. Let’s get real, he raised the bar, won 7 trophy's on the trot and some of the greatest wins over the sevco’s.

If he had fixed the defence then Europe would have been better, but even then we got out of groups after Christmas.

He left in a shitty way, but let’s not let spite erase the facts.

He’s gone, he wanted to leave, he did it in a shit way, but that doesn’t erase what we have achieved.

We may never know how things were with him and the board, but after the summer fiasco we can guess.

I’m not a fan of scapegoating, I think the board are also in the dock. I think the question should be, even though it ended badly, would those who now say they despise him, never have wanted him to come?

Naw, didn’t think so.

He wanted to go and if anybody does, then I say go. But I would never delude myself that I wish he hadn’t come. We are better for him being here. That’s what I will remember. With a bit of bottle shown by the board I believe he would still be here.

Let’s look forward and hope lessons have been learned about what we need to do to become a team in Europe teams don’t have to patronise us we are a hard draw.

If we do that then the whole excercise for me at least will have been worthwhile. Over to you Peter and Dermot and hopefully Lenny.

There is an article aboot BR in the Sunday Times sports section today by David Walsh. This is the headline,
Cold Hearted opportunism trumped sentimental talk of boyhood allegiance for Rodgers when Leicester job came up- and Celtic fans won't forget.
It is not very complimentary to BR. Douglas Alexander also has an article aboot BR in the Sunday Times today.
Rich HH
Forgot to say, Mon the Hornets! Sting him tae ffff
Rodgers said that he had to go cos LCFC would not wait. David Walsh says different. He could have waited till summer.

Last edited:
He did well for us. To say he didn’t is bollocks. Would there be that much of a backlash if he wasn’t good? Would there fuck. Let’s get real, he raised the bar, won 7 trophy's on the trot and some of the greatest wins over the sevco’s.

If he had fixed the defence then Europe would have been better, but even then we got out of groups after Christmas.

He left in a shitty way, but let’s not let spite erase the facts.

He’s gone, he wanted to leave, he did it in a shit way, but that doesn’t erase what we have achieved.

We may never know how things were with him and the board, but after the summer fiasco we can guess.

I’m not a fan of scapegoating, I think the board are also in the dock. I think the question should be, even though it ended badly, would those who now say they despise him, never have wanted him to come?

Naw, didn’t think so.

He wanted to go and if anybody does, then I say go. But I would never delude myself that I wish he hadn’t come. We are better for him being here. That’s what I will remember. With a bit of bottle shown by the board I believe he would still be here.

Let’s look forward and hope lessons have been learned about what we need to do to become a team in Europe teams don’t have to patronise us we are a hard draw.

If we do that then the whole excercise for me at least will have been worthwhile. Over to you Peter and Dermot and hopefully Lenny.

Some people will have to get used to the fact that he will always be part of our history no matter what some of us think about him now. He made history in domestic football in Scotland, he also made a huge error in my opinion in the way he chose to leave us, I think it would have been easier to swallow if it had been a massive club had come in for him, but to skulk away in the manner he did after feeding us the emotional bullshit, has left a bad taste in the mouth.
After a couple of days in a wee state of shock and anger, all my thoughts are with NFL and the players, 2 potential banana skins and we've come through the tests well. I think we owe it to the team and manager to put BR into the History books with the asterisk beside his name stating both his perfect haul of domestic honours, and the shitty and underhand way he left us.

Back