Whats yer best LP

Smelltheglove said:

I smoked my first thingmy on my first trip to the Jungle
12 years old, managed to break free from my Dad in the Celtic end
It also coincided with my first whitey.
I was lying against the floodlight base near the exit for the whole second half
Didn't know if it was Tommy Burns or Tommy Cooper on the park
A cop was gonni call an ambulance
Happened to be my last trip to the Jungle for some reason ....

That feeling you get that all eyes are focused on you and not the game.

View attachment 12342

Deep_Purple_in_Rock.jpg

For example, at the top right hand corner of the cover, on the roof of a building, there is a man – presumably the assassin – putting away a rifle. Some of the figures are seen running from the horrific scene unfolding in the “eye’s” iris, while others are curiously drawn to it. Perhaps The Vapors had seen in Handford’s work similarities in their own musical style and themes. The album was an eye-opener, for sure, even before the needle hit the grooves.

1607542314391.png

Classic band the Vapours and classic cover, this was the band who gave us Turning Japanese

For example, at the top right hand corner of the cover, on the roof of a building, there is a man – presumably the assassin – putting away a rifle. Some of the figures are seen running from the horrific scene unfolding in the “eye’s” iris, while others are curiously drawn to it. Perhaps The Vapors had seen in Handford’s work similarities in their own musical style and themes. The album was an eye-opener, for sure, even before the needle hit the grooves.

View attachment 12345

Classic band the Vapours and classic cover, this was the band who gave us Turning Japanese

I spent hours as a kid (without permission) looking at album covers, there was a lot put into them sadly missed nowadays in download land

I'm sure some of you are old enough to remember the Brittania Music Club...
So i joined at maybe 15/16 and got 6 albums for £1 or something
Every month they sent the album of the month and you could send it back within 7 days or were a lazy bugger like me and always forgot.
I learned the lesson first time round but was stuck with the album and the £14 direct debit
It lay in my CD pile for months
I ignored it cos growing up when i did, the guy just wasn't cool, looking like a burd and hanging about with Jagger in jammy's etc
But one night, I was sick of listening to the same shit, so put it on turned it up, smoked a number and put the volume up on headphones.
Literally zero expectations,
How wrong, easily the one album in my life that blew my mind to fucking smithereens

1607543275243.png

I like live albums.
Floyd - delicate sound of thunder was a belter.
Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous was another cracker. Or live and dangeroos as we used to call it thanks to our semi literacy.
And the Springsteen and the E Street Band live box set, feckin loved that!
Like you m8
Love the Wall/Pulse/Gilmour in G'dansk
Best live performance is Stop Making Sense IMO - Timeless

Every month they sent the album of the month and you could send it back within 7 days or were a lazy bugger like me and always forgot.
I learned the lesson first time round but was stuck with the album and the £14 direct debit
I ignored it cos growing up when i did, the guy just wasn't cool, looking like a burd and hanging about with Jagger in jammy's etc
But one night, I was sick of listening to the same shit, so put it on turned it up, smoked a number and put the volume up on headphones.
How wrong, easily the one album in my life that blew my mind to fucking smithereens

View attachment 12347
Bowie was utterly fantastic created so much great music, one of the biggest shocks of my life when I heard he'd passed away, couldn't believe it, he was just an ever present from my childhood.

View attachment 12347
David Jones did a lot of smoking doobies before he became the man who fell to earth and major tom and laughing with Gnomes.

Bowie was utterly fantastic created so much great music, one of the biggest shocks of my life when I heard he'd passed away, couldn't believe it, he was just an ever present from my childhood.
couldn't agree more, his place in music is at the very top, musical genius, creative genius, performance artist and the first real style icon, well if you don't include MD

Good to see ELO getting so much appreciation here, Jeff Lynn is such a great songwriter and still a fucking awesome singer and has to be the most decent, unassuming guy in music. Theres a video on you tube, songs from the bungalow I think it's called, something like that, just Jeff and Richard Tandy playing acoustic its fabulous.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back