Where Can We Improve?

A reminder of upcoming matches. Several may be without some Asian players.

This is a tricky run of games for us. We have 3 homes out of 10, sevco have 8 homes out of 11. Maybe we are actually better away from home?

Celtic's next 10 games:
Aberdeen (a)
Hibs (a)
St Mirren (a)
Kilmarnock (h)
Motherwell (a)
Dundee (h)
Hearts (a)
St Johnstone (h)
Livingston (a)
Sevco (a)

Sevco's next 11:
Livingston (h)
Aberdeen (h)
Ayr Utd (h)
Ross County (h)
St Johnstone (a)
Hearts (h)
Kilmarnock (a)
Motherwell (h)
Dundee (a)
Hibs (h)
Celtic (h)

We must up our work-rate, desire and effort to get through these matches so we stay ahead in the league and are still in the Cup. Today was not a one-off, but has been happening too often since April

Last edited:
Celtic are in great finance position with sell outs for every game and with champ league money with no qualifications....plus the promise of groups next season but board are obv happy winning in Scotland and doing absolutely nothing in Europe .....terrible attitude and ambition from the board ...i like every one else want the big clubs coming to parkhead and leaving with a bloody nose....I remember when we played the big clubs we genuinely thought we would win especially at home....never watched the game today but sounds like I never missed much

Celtic are in great finance position with sell outs for every game and with champ league money with no qualifications....plus the promise of groups next season but board are obv happy winning in Scotland and doing absolutely nothing in Europe .....terrible attitude and ambition from the board ...i like every one else want the big clubs coming to parkhead and leaving with a bloody nose....I remember when we played the big clubs we genuinely thought we would win especially at home....never watched the game today but sounds like I never missed much
Fuckin horrible mate..

Throw ins and corners, free kicks, suppose they're set pieces though.
Said for years mate we would be better throwing our shys to the opposition and trying to defend them we might have a better chance then doing something with them they are shocking at it.
The last guy we had that could take a decent shy was Adam Mathews.
Corners are shocking as well I bet about 80% of our corners not just this year but for a good while hasn’t beaten the first man.
Free kicks anything round the box we would be as well with them just giving the opposition a by kick cause that’s normally the end product.
Has been for seasons.

Said for years mate we would be better throwing our shys to the opposition and trying to defend them we might have a better chance then doing something with them they are shocking at it.
The last guy we had that could take a decent shy was Adam Mathews.
Corners are shocking as well I bet about 80% of our corners not just this year but for a good while hasn’t beaten the first man.
Free kicks anything round the box we would be as well with them just giving the opposition a by kick cause that’s normally the end product.
Has been for seasons.
Throws in, or shies (shys) as we know them, for the most part, we were taught that if your player was covered, to throw them up the line, that way, if we got it free the play was wide enough and our winger could get a cross in, if not, we'd probably get another throw in, only ten yards further upfield, sounds pretty simple, but it worked well...and as much as we want to see players take on opponents and try to fashion a scoring chance, it's what a player does off the ball that can help the team, communicate with each other, run off the ball, point to where you want the ball to be played, but more than likely showing my age here, same at corners, have a full back on the line, and that way they are at least able to make an attempt to clear the ball should it get past our six yard box...all this zonal marking and keeper not coming for the ball, does my crust in...the game's not changed that much , take the field, do your best as a team, and reap the benefits...ok soap box (and dubbin) put away...HH

Throws in, or shies (shys) as we know them, for the most part, we were taught that if your player was covered, to throw them up the line, that way, if we got it free the play was wide enough and our winger could get a cross in, if not, we'd probably get another throw in, only ten yards further upfield, sounds pretty simple, but it worked well...and as much as we want to see players take on opponents and try to fashion a scoring chance, it's what a player does off the ball that can help the team, communicate with each other, run off the ball, point to where you want the ball to be played, but more than likely showing my age here, same at corners, have a full back on the line, and that way they are at least able to make an attempt to clear the ball should it get past our six yard box...all this zonal marking and keeper not coming for the ball, does my crust in...the game's not changed that much , take the field, do your best as a team, and reap the benefits...ok soap box (and dubbin) put away...HH
I'm assuming that the Goalkeeping Coach, Woods, insists on our goalies not coming for crosses? Hart, Gordon, Bain & Forster have all remained within a couple of yards of the goalline whenever crosses are launched into our box. I guess the strategy is to allow your defenders to clear the danger and trust the keeper's reflexes and anticipation so he can save any goalbound effort

I'd much rather have a strong goalie who comes out to claim or clear the ball. Even if he has to clean house by crashing into bunches of players - 99 times out of a 100 he'll get a free kick if he fails to catch/punch the ball anyway.

I'm assuming that the Goalkeeping Coach, Woods, insists on our goalies not coming for crosses? Hart, Gordon, Bain & Forster have all remained within a couple of yards of the goalline whenever crosses are launched into our box. I guess the strategy is to allow your defenders to clear the danger and trust the keeper's reflexes and anticipation so he can save any goalbound effort

I'd much rather have a strong goalie who comes out to claim or clear the ball. Even if he has to clean house by crashing into bunches of players - 99 times out of a 100 he'll get a free kick if he fails to catch/punch the ball anyway.
Anything inside the six yard box should be the keepers, I played with a couple who you knew to GTF out of the way, as the ball came over, clattered everybody, friend or foe, and you learn pretty quick, I played in goal a few times after our keeper couldn't make a game or if he went off injured, took a few batterings from opposition, but gave as good as I got, and let them know to steer clear of my area, the game is full of too much tactical crap these days, the wee teams seem to have figured it out and just go and play their game, if that's parking the bus and hitting on the break, then good for them, but when players cross that white line and things aren't going well, the players themselves have to galvanize and do what they can, in spite of anything that coaches, or managers say, they are the ones on the field and they are the ones who have the power to make changes not the guy with the white board...I'm away to tie my laces under and over, oan ma fitba boots...Jumpers fer goalposts HH

Members online

Back